Thread: Camera view from road vehicles

Default Camera view from road vehicles

I believe the "Plus" version of TRS2019 has an additional camera view - from road vehicles. I hope this will be rolled out to all TRS2019 users soon.

But I remember in some older version of Trainz a certain combination of keystrokes and mouseclicks would put the camera on top of any selected road vehicle and I think it worked in surveyor and driver. The TANE manual has nothing on this topic as far as I know.

Question - does anyone remember the sequence and just as important, does it work in the standard version of TRS2019?

United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill

Quote Originally Posted by schweitzerdude View Post
    I believe the "Plus" version of TRS2019 has an additional camera view - from road vehicles. I hope this will be rolled out to all TRS2019 users soon.

But I remember in some older version of Trainz a certain combination of keystrokes and mouseclicks would put the camera on top of any selected road vehicle and I think it worked in surveyor and driver. The TANE manual has nothing on this topic as far as I know.

Question - does anyone remember the sequence and just as important, does it work in the standard version of TRS2019?
    ALT+C instead of ALT+Y... I think.
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    T:ANE Build: 94829
    TRS2019/Trainz-PLUS: 105100

Quote Originally Posted by JCitron View Post
    ALT+C instead of ALT+Y... I think.
    It had more than 2 keys. I don't remember off hand what they are, but open a route in ANY mode, find a passenger station and those odd little commands are written on a newspaper being read by a passenger on the platform. This is how I found them.
    "Cave Johnson. We're done here."

United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill

Quote Originally Posted by maruffijd View Post
    It had more than 2 keys. I don't remember off hand what they are, but open a route in ANY mode, find a passenger station and those odd little commands are written on a newspaper being read by a passenger on the platform. This is how I found them.

I think the code is to press ALT + CTRL + SHIFT at the same time plus the letter. Y for flYing C for Carz.
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    T:ANE Build: 94829
    TRS2019/Trainz-PLUS: 105100

Holding ALT + CTRL + SHIFT + C and clicking on a car had no results. Bld 105096.

No results here either. Back in the day (TRS06?) you could find the keystrokes at the very end of the manual, along with the keystrokes to make small mountains appear etc. Now it's history. Hopefully N3V will roll this functionality to all TRS2019 users, not just the Plus ones.

TS2009 had:

cmd_cam_walk: alt y
    cmd_cam_fly: alt u
    cmd_cam_car: alt ctrl shift z
    cmd_rand_map: alt ctrl shift p
    cmd_smite: alt ctrl a

Ingha

One step forward...