TRS 19 Stations

Geoff404

Has anyone out there managed to get AI trains to stop reliably at station platforms in TRS19?
Some of the stations on the ECML EDINBURGH - DUNDEE route have platforms to the Left mostly, this being the normal convention in the UK, and some to the Right of the train.
Typical examples of these on this route, when heading from Dundee towards Edinburgh, are LEUCHARS (Platform to right of train) and KIRKALDY (platform to left of train).
An AI train will stop correctly at LEUCHARS but not at KIRKALDY.
As far as I can tell, AI Trains stop correctly IF the arrows on the narrow bar beside the track at the station, see the above examples in Surveyor, point in the SAME direction as the AI train is approaching the station; but they do not stop correctly IF the arrows on that bar point in the opposite direction to that of the approaching train.
What appears to be needed are two versions of (typically) AJS Station 1x50s, one with the platform / passengers to the left and one with the platform / passengers to the right.
Any offers?

That's an interesting situation I haven't encountered yet. I use the VRS stations on my tram route and the arrows on the platforms don't always align with the direction of travel, and the AI stop fine at these stations.

If you can confirm this repeatedly I would report this as a bug and have N3V take a look at it.

Report the bug here:

https://n3vgames.typeform.com/to/xRdryu

Not sure whether the problem is totally consistent but I have found what appears to be a work-around as follows:-
Insert a TRACKMARK on the approach to the station, then DRIVE VIA this trackmark to the station. But the trackmark must be far enough from the station for the train to stop in the station. Also if there are junctions between the trackmark and the station, these need to be set to allow clear access to the station before the train gets to the trackmark. I'm not totally convinced about this because, although the train I used for tests (HST) stopped reliably with some carriages in the station there were some cases of significant under- and over-shoot. More tests to follow.
Geoff404

Work - around

Not sure whether the problem is totally consistent but I have found what appears to be a work-around as follows:-
Insert a TRACKMARK on the approach to the station, then DRIVE VIA this trackmark to the station. But the trackmark must be far enough from the station for the train to stop in the station. Also if there are junctions between the trackmark and the station, these need to be set to allow clear access to the station before the train gets to the trackmark. I'm not totally convinced about this because, although the train I used for tests (HST) stopped reliably with some carriages in the station there were some cases of significant under- and over-shoot. More tests to follow.
Geoff404

Back