Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: When it comes down to it, I really am only interested in making , not operating .....

Quote Originally Posted by JCitron View Post
    This is known as MRBS - aka Model Railroader Building Syndrome.

We are all guilty of that as we open up a purportedly finished route, a route we deemed finished and boxed up, only to discover that nice industrial building recently found in our downloads would look neat next to the river we put in ages ago.
    How true, if there is one weakness to identify with my own route creation; it is stopping, convincing myself of being satisfied, then clicking on 'upload'.
    Where the hell is that fountain of youth

Well ,now i got my mac back, I'm doing a bit of making and a lot of checking out hundreds of modded assets, adding screenshots ( ychhh ) and then backing them up as cdps on multiple hard drives, not my favorite pastime. Then I've got to look forward to uploading the whole lot to the DLS , probably my LEAST enjoyable task, as it takes so long. Does anyone actually enjoy it ?

Actually come to think of it , tho, my LEAST fave pastime is deciphering the assets on the DLC that have no screenshot and/or have indecipherable titles like "?????????-????" ....now , why would anyone use that system to identify anything ?
    WARNING! The Surgeon General has determined that the use of the simulator Trainz is highly addictive,

Blog Entries

You can add totally meaningless asset descriptions to that list. "My latest route, try it you will love it" is one that comes to mind - it looked like something that was created on Android late one night in the back seat of the family car while traveling home from Grandma's birthday party or somewhere else the creator did not want to go to!
    TRS19 Platinum 105100 - TRS19 SP1 (standard) 105096 - TANE SP4 (RC beta) 105476

Yeah, it seems if there are requirements to be met for all other assets, there should be some basic requirements for routes as well...

Quote Originally Posted by pware View Post
    You can add totally meaningless asset descriptions to that list. "My latest route, try it you will love it" is one that comes to mind - it looked like something that was created on Android late one night in the back seat of the family car while traveling home from Grandma's birthday party or somewhere else the creator did not want to go to!
    yep, their name is legion .....for they are many you can usually tell their worth by checking to see their size, if the whole route is only about 220k forget it !
    WARNING! The Surgeon General has determined that the use of the simulator Trainz is highly addictive,

Thumbs up

Evening all,

Sir Dan Gavel, really good to hear you got the MAC CPU back, I can relate in a sense on New Computer, when my HP was almost Broken Video wise, etc, I got this one, ASUS ROG STRIX from our local Costco, and it took a good month, to get everything lined up, backed up, and try to learn WIN10, plus buying new Software, mine was like 6 yrs old, and wouldn't work with this Computers new Software.......So even though you have yours back, I get it, about what lays ahead for now......Just happy you didn't lose your Routes etc.......Others here surely have.......

As for what I like to do, I am not Creator of Assets, my joy if you will, is downloading other peoples Routes and learning from them, it gives me lots of ideas, and better ways to do things......That has helped my learning so much.....

And my most fun thing, merging Routes, taking small ones, and putting a jigsaw puzzle together, too see if it will work out, it does not always....And I have had some really bad match-ups, but the experience is priceless........

There is one item that really gets under my skin, and that is Signals that do not work correctly, I will move, delete, rebuild track work, whatever it takes to get Signals to work within reason. Or at least the Aspect and Control, I feel they are capable of.......

i enjoy Trainz and make it my mission, to try and learn as much as I can. Finally this Forum is tremendous as a Resource when something goes south in Trainz, or you just need some good advice on how to deal with a particular issue...