.
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Trainz 2019 SP1 Issues.

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    United States of America, Colorado, Westminster
    Posts
    290
     

    Exclamation Trainz 2019 SP1 Issues.

    Trainz 2019 Steam Server Client Build 105175
    The SP1 has helped out a lot for the Surveyor Walk and Fly Modes, now the Sound is working and allows Sound movement while in walk Mode.

    The issue is that the Carz are no longer Crossing the (mocrossings) Railroad Crossings and Road Intersections with this SP1 Update.
    Surveyor is not Paused as the Carz do approach the Intersection and Slow Down Slowly and stop permanently as if there was an ATLS Stop Signal happening, but there is no Traffic Controller installed at the Intersections.

    Some of the, but not all Animations such as people walking around are not working. At first look they are moving then they stop and freeze.
    Water Falls did Animate before the SP1 in Surveyor but now are not.
    Also the Car Generator Assets no longer Generate Carz in the Driver Mode only in Surveyor do they Generate the Car rates.

    Also the Connecting of the Maddy's Yarn Invisible One way Roads have shifted the Carz off Center to the left of the Center line.
    I am Still testing the Assets to see if there is a fix in the Config files for the SP1 Issue.
    Nothing yet to solve the issues.
    I very much am hoping for this SP1 to get a fix for this.
    Kind regards.
    jjeff1955
    Last edited by jjeff1955; January 17th, 2020 at 03:10 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill
    Posts
    26,709
     

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jjeff1955 View Post
    Trainz 2019 Steam Server Client Build 105175
    The SP1 has helped out a lot for the Surveyor Walk and Fly Modes, now the Sound is working and allows Sound movement while in walk Mode.

    The issue is that the Carz are no longer Crossing the (mocrossings) Railroad Crossings and Road Intersections with this SP1 Update.
    Surveyor is not Paused as the Carz do approach the Intersection and Slow Down Slowly and stop permanently as if there was an ATLS Stop Signal happening, but there is no Traffic Controller installed at the Intersections.

    Some of the, but not all Animations such as people walking around are not working. At first look they are moving then they stop and freeze.
    Water Falls did Animate before the SP1 in Surveyor but now are not.
    Also the Car Generator Assets no longer Generate Carz in the Driver Mode only in Surveyor do they Generate the Car rates.

    Also the Connecting of the Maddy's Yarn Invisible One way Roads have shifted the Carz off Center to the left of the Center line.
    I am Still testing the Assets to see if there is a fix in the Config files for the SP1 Issue.
    Nothing yet to solve the issues.
    I very much am hoping for this SP1 to get a fix for this.
    Kind regards.
    jjeff1955
    The paused traffic in Surveyor is a known issue that is being addressed by N3V. It's due to a bug introduced by SP1.

    The content issues are faults within the content and N3V does not create, and did not create these assets. As I said before, there's a program in place to repair assets, and with a list of well over 9300 items, it'll take sometime before somethings will be addressed.
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    T:ANE Build: 94829
    TRS2019/Trainz-PLUS: 105100

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Portland, Oregon USA
    Posts
    493
     

    Default

    I am at Build 100240 and am being prompted for an upgrade which I keep postponing for a week at a time. If I accepted the upgrade offer, would that get me to the defective builds 105096 or 105175. If yes, why would N3V make the offer to upgrade to a build with known problems? I don't much care about broken content, but I very much care about the road vehicle problems. Should I stay at 100240?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill
    Posts
    26,709
     

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by schweitzerdude View Post
    I am at Build 100240 and am being prompted for an upgrade which I keep postponing for a week at a time. If I accepted the upgrade offer, would that get me to the defective builds 105096 or 105175. If yes, why would N3V make the offer to upgrade to a build with known problems? I don't much care about broken content, but I very much care about the road vehicle problems. Should I stay at 100240?
    That's actually a decision you need to make.

    If anything backup your data and backup your program (the TRS19 program its self) to separate drive or location to be on the safe side first before upgrading. You should do this anyway not only periodically but also before doing an upgrade of any kind whatsoever. In fact this is considered best practice anyway no matter what program or operating system you use.

    With that said, you can upgrade, give it a try, and should you don't like it, restore stuff back again to the previous build.

    The issues, outside of the stalled carz in Surveyor, and the missing undo and redo arrows, are pretty minor, and slipped in or weren't caught during the final test before the service pack was released. You'll find somethings are fixed such as the HUD stuttering and other things, and as I said it's up to you to decide.
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    T:ANE Build: 94829
    TRS2019/Trainz-PLUS: 105100

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    United States of America, Alabama, Birmingham
    Posts
    3,023
     

    Default

    The OP has the Steam version as do I. Sadly we cannot roll back to the earlier version as according to Steam support N3V made the choice to only offer the SP1 version through Steam. We were also given no choice to decline the update even if we had turned off automatic updates. We were given the choice to update or to cancel the update which terminated TRS19. I have a hopelessly broken TRS19 filled with bugs that should have been caught before release.

    Now I've had to buy TRS19 Platinum just to be able to use a product that I had already paid for.

    William

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    United States of America, Colorado, Westminster
    Posts
    290
     

    Default

    Thanks JCitron

    Good to know that they are aware of the SP1 issues, I hope that they Patch the Carz Issues.
    The Issues have pretty much stopped me from Building Detailed Intersections with the invisible Roads
    But all in all I am patient for the fix, there are many more details to attend to in my Custom Map for now.
    Added this issue just in case it was overlooked.
    jjeff1955

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill
    Posts
    26,709
     

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jjeff1955 View Post
    Thanks JCitron

    Good to know that they are aware of the SP1 issues, I hope that they Patch the Carz Issues.
    The Issues have pretty much stopped me from Building Detailed Intersections with the invisible Roads
    But all in all I am patient for the fix, there are many more details to attend to in my Custom Map for now.
    Added this issue just in case it was overlooked.
    jjeff1955
    Yup add it to the list. The initial problem started by because the engineers at Auran somehow, got the road height wrong, causing the roads to float. The roads were probably correct at one point, thus, the cars were at the proper height to start with as well. Then things went wrong somewhere.

    In an update along the way, the roads somehow ended up higher than the ground. To prevent the carz from sinking into the road, they were raised up and there they remained while the road was corrected again. I'm sure you remember the floating A-Team white van or VW bug that manged to appear always at the road crossings. This was the end result and we now had hover cars that always appeared as we stopped at stations with a crossing nearby and ruined the scene.

    Then Maddy came along and developed those wonderful YARN roads and then others created their relations in the YARN-ish series. These thick roads, solved the issues of the slightly floating roads, caused by the alpha channel under them, in addition to the still floating cars. This was all well and good through TS12.

    Then T:ANE came along and later TRS19. The roads that worked fine for the floating cars now had cars that were finally grounded on the tarmac. Finally after 15 years, things were normal again. Well not really. The problem noq is the ground is the zero-level of the ground regardless of the actual height. This means these thicker roads now have cars that sink into them.

    There has been mention in the past of redoing the whole carz system. Let's hope this is included as well, but the problem is how is the program going to compensate for those thin roads versus the thicker YARN roads?
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    T:ANE Build: 94829
    TRS2019/Trainz-PLUS: 105100

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Crewe, Cheshire, UK
    Posts
    15,827
     

    Default

    Roads...... That's why I made my own, UK ones, so the carz don't float or sink and they have in most cases depth to get rid of the gaps. Alternatively pretty sure you can use the position tag to adjust the mesh height for existing roads.
    Malc


  9. #9

    Default

    Making splines sit flat on the terrain surface was, to be fair, one bug fix which was long overdue when it arrived with the dawn of TANE!
    TRS 2019 Coach Class (Former Customer)

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill
    Posts
    26,709
     

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    Making splines sit flat on the terrain surface was, to be fair, one bug fix which was long overdue when it arrived with the dawn of TANE!
    Yes! I so remember the roads looking like strips of paper as they rolled over the landscape!
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    T:ANE Build: 94829
    TRS2019/Trainz-PLUS: 105100

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •