No Name Plates On Some Engines!!

shezza2

Hello All, Just wondering what if anything can be done to get the names on the engine's, seems more a problem with A4s

This question has been raised before for various assets. The usual answer is that you would need to be able to attach a nameable object mesh to the loco mesh and that usually means having access to the original mesh from the creator, not the mesh supplied in the asset.

As long as the asset has an attachment point then using the position tag you should be able to attach a name plate. You'd need to create or reskin one first.

I wonder if a.limfront would work?

Cheerio John

You don't even need an attachment point, you can add an additional mesh relative to the origin of the model, using the position and orientation tag.

Peter

I think the responses about attaching meshes are overcomplicating the problem. The question seems to me to b about a loco which should have nameplates but doesn't because it is broken.

Which A4s is the OP referring to? It's probably possible to fix them to make the names work properly but we need to know what assets they are first before we can help.

Back