Pre Loading Freight Cars?

Hi Everyone,

Sorry for the noob question:

Is it possible to load up freight cars in the session editor so the cars are full and ready to be delivered when the session is played, please?

Many thanks

Marcus

Very easy: Open Session Editor. Open the Vehicle Menu at the right (the one with a wheel). See the ? mark? Click on it. Now click on the car you want to load. A menu appears. There should be a commodity already over the yellow frame (if not, add yours). Clicking on the Plus icon will open a menu with all the commodities that this car can carry. Select one or as many as you want (there may be a limit, but for practical purposes limit they to a reasonable level). There is a Max Level. This is the maximum number of item of that commodities the developer decided it can carry.

Note: Commodities in TrainZ are divided into Fluids, Boxes, Bulk and Passengers. If boxes (This includes Containers too), the number would be related to the size of the car. If fluids, expect to see large numbers because they may be in Litters. Same for bulk (Sand or stones). Configure all this and go to Driver. Car is pre-loaded.

More notes: Don't pre-load several commodities with values. They may show (if you can see them) one on top of the other. A common mistake is to have several different types of containers on the same car. The car arrives to an industry capable of delivering several containers, and 2 or more load on the car, and because you can see them, they are one on top of the other. There is a menu that allows you in driver to select one single commodity. Some people (including me) have no access to this menu due to a bug, so all of the above is true and valid.

There are also some InstantLoad... driver commands, but you may not be able to control which commodity is loaded.

There is one command that allows for manual asset loads so you can decide which commodity to put on the stock.

True, I wrote one of them. But I think you have to load one car at a time. One of the InstantLoads operates on an entire consist, but may not load what you hoped for (unless the car only accepts one load, of course).

True, I wrote one of them. But I think you have to load one car at a time. One of the InstantLoads operates on an entire consist, but may not load what you hoped for (unless the car only accepts one load, of course).
That is semi true. It uses a "Instant load>Queue 0-9> Item 0-9 type of input, but it is universal to the whole consist. IE A mixed manifest with various stock would, we'll say, Instload>Q2>item1 add item 1 of queue 2 for each cars config'd load settings.

Back