Can't Delete Missing Assets

acelejalde

Urban Transit Developers
Hey All,

I'm trying to delete an unknown asset from a route of mine, and when I use the delete all missing assets tool, I get this pop-up window that displays an error in the process:

kK6ZzPC

2Zf1zH7

Every time I go into the config for the route and delete the line with the obsolete asset, everything works for a few days, and then the route gets flagged again for faulty dependencies. I go to check out which asset it is, and it's the missing unknown asset.

Any help is appreciated!

-A :wave:

What I do is clone the smallest clump of grass model I can find and take the missing asset's kuid number and change the cloned grass model's kuid number to that. I had to do this recently with an older route that used assets from long vanished third party websites that simply weren't available anymore.

Sometimes it helps if you do a database rebuild. This can rectify anything that shows up as faulty.

Good luck,
Roy

I tried a database rebuild and it's still showing up as faulty. The item in question is by Vulcan and the KUID is <kuid2:60238:37033:1>; I even deleted his road barriers that did not have the :1 suffix, and nothing seems to work, I'll try Kotanga's fix and see where it gets me.

-A

I'll try Kotanga's fix and see where it gets me.
If the missing asset is a spline and you create a clone with the same KUID that is a scenery item then that will make things worse. In fact, it is that sort of change that can create the problem you currently have (amongst others).

If you can see that there are two versions of this asset (a KUID version and a KUID2 :1 version) then have a look at their types - if one is a spline and the other is not, then that's the problem. You would fix it by deleting the :1 version and cloning the original version with the :1 version number. Even if they appear to be the same type, that process might fix things.

All I'm getting in CM is:

Name / Status / Author Username / Asset ID / Build / Type
<unknown asset> / - / Vulcan /<kuid2:60238:37033:1>/ - / -

So I can't see the type; I know that the :1 version is a spline, so I'm assuming the same is applicable for the unknown. I don't have an option of deleting or even opening the asset for edit. When I search the author on CM, the KUID doesn't appear in his list of items. This problem only began in TRS19.

-A

<unknown asset> / - / Vulcan /<kuid2:60238:37033:1>/ - / -
That asset shouldn't be unknown - it is built-in for TRS2019. Unfortunately, 'built-in' does not mean it gets installed by default, and it isn't on the DLS. It seems that this one comes from either <kuid2:122860:100436:27> Canadian Rocky Mountains - Golden, BC or <kuid2:154322:100063:15> ECML EDINBURGH - DUNDEE. If you install those routes then it should become available, and no need to delete it as missing. The invalid stretch of spline might be the same problem or it might be different.

The requirement to install these extraneous routes just to get a complete set of built-in assets is a really annoying aspect of the system.

The alternative is to download <kuid:60238:37033> Road Barrier from the DLS and upversion it to <kuid2:60238:37033:1>. You should be able to download it using 'Download this version'. Otherwise, download in an earlier version of Trainz and copy across as a CDP.

<kuid2:60238:37033:1> is the update for ECML <kuid:60238:37033> is on the DLS and if you alter the config in your route to match it should work.

Last edited:
Back