turnout limits for procedural track

martinvk

since 10 Aug 2002
With the procedural track introduced in T:ANE, making more realistic looking track took a great leap forward. Making #6, #8, #10 and even #12 turnouts is not a problem and those are used in the vast majority of locations in my routes.

However, those turnouts are much too abrupt for my high speed routes. When I place a #18, the guard rails still appear but the common ties for about 15m past the turnout are missing. It's even worse for the #36. All special features of the procedural track are missing.

turnouts 6-8-10.JPG

turnouts 12-18.JPG

turnout 18.JPG

turnout 36.JPG

Is this a limitation of the procedural track in general or are there tweaks that could be applied to make the high speed turnouts also appear normal?
All this in TRS2019 using TANE Trk Jarrah 523:1110:5
changed to TRS19 Trk Jarrah Procedura - Seasonal and while it looks better, it behaves the same.

Add some spline points in that location, but don't tamp them down with the track height adjuster. I reported this awhile ago, but it appears the issue still exists.

Are the extra spline points to cure the missing ties?
Tried it but it didn't help
extra spline points.JPG

I went back and instead of using the turnout guides, I created two turnouts manually to find the smallest and largest ones I could create and still have them look like turnouts.
Overview
turnout limits.JPG

Smallest
turnout at 7,5m.JPG

Largest
turnout at 40m.JPG

That translates from a #5 to about a #26 turnout. Still not long enough for highspeed rail but at those speeds, it might not be noticeable if some of the parts are missing. This time used TRS19 Track Concrete 4 Procedural - Seasonal kuid2:66128:44262:11

Yes the spline points were to force the ties to appear. That has worked in the past.

I just tried this with other tracks such as SAP protracks, and I had frogs and bits for some distance. The built-in Jarrah track the frogs disappear.

Try putting a texture under the track. It could be that the PBR ground is doing weird things with the track.

Waggling the spline points or shifting them very slightly usually works for me, if an additional spline point doesn't.

Back