TANE Payware not available in TRS2019

Piere

G'day All,

I've recently started to get back into TRS2019 a little bit since I installed it a while ago, including starting to transfer over some of my stuff from TANE.

After transferring a mega-merged route that I have been building up in TANE, it showed up as missing dependencies, which turned out to be the four listed below;

<kuid:321936:101864> G Style Trilight Signal 04 L
<kuid2:487560:26003:1> JR Grease Spot
<kuid:546000:100068> lumber stack 2X2
<kuid:132952:131621> SAM Bridge03

Originally, these showed as "Payware, not active", which seemed odd, as I thought I was supposed to have access to all the same routes and assets that I have installed in TANE as well.

In trying to find a way around it, I deleted these versions (which made them "Unknown Assets") and tried importing the same assets from my TANE install. They installed ok but show up as faulty because they all have the "texture.txt file is missing...." fault but, being payware I guess, the PEVSoft Images2TGA tool is not allowed to fix them.

Is there any other way that I can regain access to these assets, that I should already have?

Thanks for any advice / suggestions.

Cheers,
Piere.

"In theory" all the TANE content can be installed in TRS19 using the in-game Asset downloader. This includes all the TANE routes and an additional package "Additional TANE Assets (sc491).

At the point deleteed items, if you then doa DB repiar, then restart Trainz, everything that is available to download should show int he Asset Donwload window. (and this should resolve any missing deps)

G'day Tony,

Thanks for the reply and suggestions.

I tried deleting them again as you suggested and did a DB repair but nothing has changed.

From what I can make out, what I think may have happened is that at least some of these four assets may have been included in the original Coal Country route (the relevant orange boxes show up on that portion of my merged route which uses the TANE Coal Country version). I'm guessing that the updated version of the route doesn't use these anymore and seeing as the new version has overwritten the old one (rather than having a unique KUID as a different version) it has made these assets redundant (as far as the game is concerned).

I tried deleting the packages that should be the Coal Country route (SC444 from memory) and re-downloading them, but, if they're not used in the new version, they haven't been downloaded with those packages.

Is there any way to get the game to recognise that I should have access to these items? Or can the assets be "fixed" to get around this issue?

Can the Coal Country route be made available in separate versions (like Philskene's routes and Niddertalbahn (sp?) have been, for example), which should make these assets viable again?

Thanks again for your time.

Cheers,
Piere.

G'day Tony,

Thanks for the reply and suggestions.

I tried deleting them again as you suggested and did a DB repair but nothing has changed.

From what I can make out, what I think may have happened is that at least some of these four assets may have been included in the original Coal Country route (the relevant orange boxes show up on that portion of my merged route which uses the TANE Coal Country version). I'm guessing that the updated version of the route doesn't use these anymore and seeing as the new version has overwritten the old one (rather than having a unique KUID as a different version) it has made these assets redundant (as far as the game is concerned).

I tried deleting the packages that should be the Coal Country route (SC444 from memory) and re-downloading them, but, if they're not used in the new version, they haven't been downloaded with those packages.

Is there any way to get the game to recognise that I should have access to these items? Or can the assets be "fixed" to get around this issue?

Can the Coal Country route be made available in separate versions (like Philskene's routes and Niddertalbahn (sp?) have been, for example), which should make these assets viable again?

Thanks again for your time.

Cheers,
Piere.

The signal assets are available on Jointed Rail's website under Freeware. I'm not sure what the version level is of those assets, however.

The route its self is available for sale on Jointed Rail's website. If you do purchase it, you'll need to uninstall the DLC version because the Jointed Rail version is at a version level lower. You can then edit that version of the route, merge it with something else, and expand it as you wish.

The packages contain highly compressed content, however, we can't do anything with them directly. If you do update the content with updates made available from the DLS, the assets still can't be deleted because they don't exist in the same form as the other content does.

If you delete a package folder, such as SC444, ensure you get all of the SC444's. There maybe SC444a, SC444b, and so on. You always have to run a database repair after deleting the folders. This removes the references in the database (Assets.tdx). Once the database is completed, you can then download the route or content again if you want.

Thanks John,

I ended up tracking down 3 of the four from other JR routes or Google, but I couldn't find a freeware version of <kuid:546000:100068> lumber stack 2X2, so I'll probably just delete it from the route.

Thanks again.

Cheers,
Piere.

Back