Route Building Error Message

Hi Folks

Im new to the world of Trainz and I am dipping my toe into the surveyor.

Everything has been going great until this evening.

I was trying to join a section of road to an intersection when I got the rolling error message: You cannot attach to the vertex. Incompatable track types or maximum stretch may have been reached.

I know the two piece of road are compatible as I have already used them, so it must be the latter.

What do I need to do, and how is it best to avoid this in the future, please?

thanks

Marcus

I was trying to join a section of road to an intersection when I got the rolling error message: You cannot attach to the vertex. Incompatable track types or maximum stretch may have been reached.
Identify the problem by attempting to join the same type of road - that tells you whether the problem is with the stretch or with incompatible assets.
Confirm that you are attaching to the vertex that you think you are attaching to. Move the road slightly to check that there aren't other vertices in the immediate area.
Confirm that the assets really are compatible by joining some short pieces. Don't rely on what you think you did elsewhere. You can then move these new sections to the existing section to create the extension.
Reduce the stretch by inserting additional spline points in the last section of the existing road.

Identify the problem by attempting to join the same type of road - that tells you whether the problem is with the stretch or with incompatible assets.
Confirm that you are attaching to the vertex that you think you are attaching to. Move the road slightly to check that there aren't other vertices in the immediate area.
Confirm that the assets really are compatible by joining some short pieces. Don't rely on what you think you did elsewhere. You can then move these new sections to the existing section to create the extension.
Reduce the stretch by inserting additional spline points in the last section of the existing road.

Hi,

Ok, I've tried the intersection elsewhere and I'm getting the same error.

It's both of the YARNish T sections that come supplied with T:ANE. The 4 way intersection works fine.

Weird that it worked earlier.

What was the result when you tried a different road?
Attaching to the wrong vertex seems most likely.

Im not sure what this means, sorry?

I can connect to any of the first two, its the last one that will not connect, no matter what order I connect them in.

Im not sure what this means, sorry?
The error message is suggesting that the spline you are using is not compatible with the intersection. If you try a different road (actually, several) then you might find that the problem is in the configuration of the road you are trying to connect and that it is not compatible, as implied in the message. If you get the same error for multiple roads that you attempt to attach then this suggests the problem is not with any particular road.

I can connect to any of the first two, its the last one that will not connect, no matter what order I connect them in.
Do you mean that the intersection has three vertices and you can connect to two of them, but not to the third? That suggests that the intersection is not designed to have a road attached at that vertex. As the asset details are not known it is not possible to determine whether or not that is the case.

The error message is suggesting that the spline you are using is not compatible with the intersection. If you try a different road (actually, several) then you might find that the problem is in the configuration of the road you are trying to connect and that it is not compatible, as implied in the message. If you get the same error for multiple roads that you attempt to attach then this suggests the problem is not with any particular road.

Do you mean that the intersection has three vertices and you can connect to two of them, but not to the third? That suggests that the intersection is not designed to have a road attached at that vertex. As the asset details are not known it is not possible to determine whether or not that is the case.

I see what you are saying, but the piece is a T Junction, so by definition it should have three roads coming out of it!

Im using the YARNish roads that are built into T:ANE BTW

Last edited:
And by definition it would work without problems, but it isn't. You are trying to find out why.

So, I just set up a new route to see if the pieces would work and they worked perfectly.

So I'm guessing that I've stretched too many things?

If so, how do I remedy this? Please tell me I don't have to delete things! :cry

<kuid2:506208:100114:2> has updates on the DLS, latest being <kuid2:506208:100114:5> YARNish T-Intersection L2 -3Si +2Sh-1Sh which is working properly here, leastwise it connects to all three joins.

<kuid2:506208:100115:2 also updated latest being YARNish T-Intersection L2 -3Si +3Sh,<kuid2:506208:100115:4> and also seems ok.

Appears they were updated to fix faults......

So download those updates and you should be OK.

Many thanks, downloading now.

Will the new version automatically overwrite the previous versions?

Yes it will. In Trainz (all versions) new assets replace the old ones by causing the old ones to become obsolete and disappear from the list. We highly recommend you go in and clean out the obsolete assets to save disk space. You can only remove non-built-in assets, however, and this is done in Content Manager.

Back