could some one explain signals?

1611mac;1789045 After a train passed they would reset back to the siding. Then it hit me said:
And remembering also that the default setting can be set at the time the junction is created.

And remembering also that the default setting can be set at the time the junction is created.

Yes... and of course, that's the proper time to set it. But it's just so easy to throw it in and move on, forgetting to set it.

I am glad it worked out.

... baring any obstructions such as locked switches or another consist already occupying the track...

The Trainz Wiki reference is at http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/How_to_Use_Track_Priority_Markers

Thanks again. The wiki was also helpful.

My only concern about Priority Markers is the "blocked path" caveat. I can see where a following train will think a path is blocked and take an unwanted path only to later end up blocked permanently. I wonder if the Priority Markers handle "NavigateTo", "DriveTo", and "CallAt" differently.

Time will tell.

Do you know if "CallAt" acts like "NavigateTo" or "DriveTo"?

I would much rather the train just waits until the blockage is resolved. In "the real world" I can't see an engineer making a decision to go around a blockage instead of just waiting until it clears.

I would much rather the train just waits until the blockage is resolved. In "the real world" I can't see an engineer making a decision to go around a blockage instead of just waiting until it clears.

That is what the "Drive To" and "Drive Via" commands do. They will not attempt to find their own way around a blockage - unlike "Navigate To" and "Navigate Via" commands. I have never used the "CallAt" command so I am unable to answer that one.

Priority markers cannot be used as destinations or waypoints so "Drive" and "Navigate" commands are not effected. The loop or track section containing the marker is simply seen by the AI as a part of the shortest route (or not) when it is calculating the path to take - a step that both the "Drive" and "Navigate" commands perform. If the path containing the marker is occupied when that calculation is made then it will no longer be seen as the shortest, regardless of the presence of the marker.

The "Drive" commands do not update the shortest route calculation once it has been initially made, so if the selected path is blocked at some later time then the path will not be changed, unlike the case with the "Navigate" commands.

Last edited:
Have a look at my last thread "Enhanced Interlocking Tower Guru Needed" in the 2019 forum. After some exchanges with Pierre (PGUY), I came to realize there is an elegant solution for a single track mainline using his towers and the tcb (track circuit block) option in the towers. There is a link in my next-to-last post that has everythng required. It all works, and is fairly easy to setup. It also has the advantage of each tower controlling its own arrivals and departures -- much closer to prototypical operations.

Robert704
Tacoma & Eastern RR (v)

The "Drive" commands do not update the shortest route calculation once it has been initially made, so if the selected path is blocked at some later time then the path will not be changed, unlike the case with the "Navigate" commands.

Thanks for the feedback.

Back