TRS19 Coal Country Session Coal to Richmond

Gents,
I want to thank p-dehnert for that intriguing detail about the coal loads changing.

I went back to the session TS19 Coal to Richmond and started as usual. Once I had loaded all the coal hoppers, I edited the session on the fly. I was going to change the coal loads from the full 90800 to around 2/3rds of that. I roughly calculated that to be a load of 90800 x 2/3 = 60534 (rounded up). The session wouldn't let me change the loads to the cars, so I deleted them and replaced them with the same 12 coal hoppers, but this time loaded them with 60534 instead of the 90800.

At the message to hit V (sander) and throw the throttle to notch 8, I was doing 18mph. I did this and was speeding at 24/20mph limit as I hit the base of the hill. From there I lost speed quickly, but was doing 12mph across the trestle and 11mph as I started up the grade after the trestle. I made it all the way up.

I retried this, but only hit the V key at the message, and didn't throw the throttle to notch 8 until almost at the 20mph sign. So, I wasn't speeding as I started up the hill. Speed bled off quickly again, but I was doing 11mph as I approached the trestle, and kept up the 11mph all the way over the trestle, and actually increased to 12mph as I got close to the switch to the siding. Again, success.

The long and short of this is, by reducing the coal amount by 1/3, which is about what the Auran Coal kuid change was, I am able to finish the session as intended by Scratchy.

That kuid change definitely had a negative impact on sessions that had been created using coal loads. I'm thinking that the sessions 03 - Coal Service and the PRR Decapod Coal Load will now be successfully completed if the coal load is reduced by 1/3rd for each coal hopper.

Heinrich505

Note - I reduced the coal load by 1/3 for each car in the session 03 - Coal Service and made it to the top of the hill with no problems.

I'm happy to report that, with the coal kuid2:44179:60013:2 in place, Scratchy's session TS19 Coal to Richmond was completed with no problems. I was able to get the coal consist up and over the hill as per the session, with the two engines. Richmond is rejoicing, because the coal shipments had become infrequent as the RR had to borrow more powerful motive power to get the loads across the mountain. Thanks N3V! :cool:

Heinrich505

Back