Help finding the "new picklist" option

jring2

I am new to Trainz and am having trouble locating an option that is supposed to be there. Try as I could I was unable to find the ability to create new labeled picklists.All references to access it showed it on a drop down menu that I had but the picklist option was missing. I was unable to find anywhere. Help anyone?

In Surveyor, the route editor, there is an icon along the top bar that looks like a funnel. This is the search filter. In there is a space at the top to search for assets, authors, etc. You can save these searches and they will appear in a list hidden under a triangle in the upper right corner of that screen.

Located on the bottom part is an open space. You can drag and drop assets into that location. This is the default Pick-list.

Located on the frame on the right of this lower part is a triangle. Click on that and you can create other pick-lists as you need them. You can do this in Content Manager as well. Click on File then New... Pick-list.

Hope this helps.

None of that happens in mine

In Surveyor, the route editor, there is an icon along the top bar that looks like a funnel. This is the search filter. In there is a space at the top to search for assets, authors, etc. You can save these searches and they will appear in a list hidden under a triangle in the upper right corner of that screen.

Located on the bottom part is an open space. You can drag and drop assets into that location. This is the default Pick-list.

Located on the frame on the right of this lower part is a triangle. Click on that and you can create other pick-lists as you need them. You can do this in Content Manager as well. Click on File then New... Pick-list.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the response JCitron. Still not solved though.
When I click on 'file' there is no new option.

If I save a picklist in the survey window clicking on the 'save' and naming it and then go back to pick the original default picklist, it only has the new items I saved on the picklist I had named. All existing saved pick lists are the same no matter their name.

I am using TMR17 Build 85470.

I have searched the forum and many instructions about pick lists and all of them address things not found on my menu. I opened a ticket but the monitor who responded said he had no access to TMR17. Then he gave me links to places I had already been. I am tearing what's left of my hair out.

Do I have a corrupted copy?
And if I reinstall can I save what I built?

Sounds like TMR17 doesn't have that feature. Need someone who actually has it to confirm.

It's not! there Malc. It's the same as T:ANE in between SP1 and SP2, but different.

See my post below!

Last edited:
Thanks for the response JCitron. Still not solved though.
When I click on 'file' there is no new option.

If I save a picklist in the survey window clicking on the 'save' and naming it and then go back to pick the original default picklist, it only has the new items I saved on the picklist I had named. All existing saved pick lists are the same no matter their name.

I am using TMR17 Build 85470.

I have searched the forum and many instructions about pick lists and all of them address things not found on my menu. I opened a ticket but the monitor who responded said he had no access to TMR17. Then he gave me links to places I had already been. I am tearing what's left of my hair out.

Do I have a corrupted copy?
And if I reinstall can I save what I built?

I doubt you have a corrupt copy, and if you did your data is still safe since it's not located in the same location as the program, besides, there are ways of "reconnecting" the data to the program should it ever need to be reinstalled again.

To better assist you, I just installed my copy. There is an update available. The current build is 85103. Updating will not corrupt any data, or it shouldn't. It will run a database repair once the update is completed.

After checking my version, it appears you are correct. There is no way to create or view another pick-list anywhere!

Sorry for getting you confused, the others along with me are in the same boat with so many versions that are similar. T:ANE has the features we mentioned.

Again, sorry for the confusion!

Actually in TANE its not file, it's highlight an asset in Manage Content, right click > Add to picklist >New Picklist

Or

Content > Add to Picklist > New Picklist
plus there is also
Content > Edit Picklist

If none of those options exist then not good if you don't want to spend any cash, however if you were to buy TANE, it will enable your TMR17 builtin stuff to be downloaded automatically to TANE and you can import your TMR17 user data as well, currently reduced to $24.99 US and has working picklists!

It's definitely not under Content menu. I just checked again. I agree the solution is to upgrade to T:ANE

In TRS2019 I'm in Surveyor. I have made 3 pick lists in CM. How do I access them while in Surveyor? Old fart brain damage here.

Hi,

On the top bar there is an Icon (4th from the left) labelled Display Menu then select Show Search Filter,.

or use Ctrl Shift F

I hope that you find it!

cheers,
Graham
(also anold fart :hehe:)

Back