Container deliveries

An ambiguous question. Lets assume you want to deliver a container to an industry track, and assuming the container is loaded into a container wagon, you don't need to downlod anything, as the ingradients to do this are buil-in the program. Since you did not specify any of the conditions of your set-up, here are the basic "ingredients": An industry track, called M.I.N. (Multiple Industry New). A piece of track going from anywhere to anywhere. Track is attached to the M.I.N. A loco and a car with the container position away from the M.I.N.. On the command bar at the lower side of the screen, issue a command : <Drive To>, <or Navigate To>. The name of the M.I.N. should the included as to where you are issuing this command. Then add <Unload> command. All this is very, very basic, so now you should see the train going to the industry track and unloading or making the container disappear. But wait, the M.I.N. should be configured to accept the container you have at the car. Is very simple and it has been covered several times on this forum. But if you need instruction, just ask. As a built-in assets, you can use a simple Multiple industry track that is pre-configured to accept Auran containers (20 or 40'), and have the wagon to carry one of these containers. Issue the commands and watch the action.

Thank you!. You're spot on the money
My problem is I haven't been able to find a Multiple Industry that accepts containers.
What am I not seeing?

Find a Route/session that does what you want, go into Surveyor, then dissect what is going on and how it's done. That the best way for me personally. People can explain and tell me but if I see exactly what is already working that is a big help.

Edit/Update: I'm looking at a Tane Route now that uses JR multi industry <kuid2:45324:400001:2> to unload containers. It's the Seaport/Indstrial SP4 Route, Ship Yard & Industrial Basic session. That one spot (ship yard) will provide you a lot of examples of loading/unloading.

Last edited:
Thank you!. You're spot on the money
My problem is I haven't been able to find a Multiple Industry that accepts containers.
What am I not seeing?
Strange: A container is an asset similar to boxes (general goods for example). On the M.I.N. menu, if you click on commodities, select 20' Container (among many others available), then continue to the other menus and configure it to consume. When you move a wagon with the same type of container, it WILL disappear. I do it all the time, and it always works. Is important to understand I am talking here of M.I.N. tracks. If you are looking for an industry that has been preconfigured to accept containers only, and that you can see them next to the track, there are several available. I use some made by a Hungarian concern (don't have the KUID here right now, but can look at it later). I would say, DLS under Container Station may have them.

Last edited:
Back