Tasmanian locomotives on Trainz

Hello.
I managed to fix up the serial number for Trainz Simulator 12 but I am having a problem with downloading the TGR H class locomotives from Download Helper.
I am just wondering, would it be possible, can you please help me with this?
Thank you so much, I really appreciate it.
Best wishes
Rowan

Last edited:
Hello again.
I think it mentions on the DLS that I need to get access to the FTP server but I am really unsure on how to do this as I have never done anything like this before.
Thank you so much, I really appreciate it.
Best wishes
Rowan

If you have TS12 download it from the Content Manager not the web page, just done a quick search on TGR quite a few items.

I am just wondering, do you still have the reskins of the TGR SS/SSD/SSS class carriages for Trainz?

Unfortunately, the problem is they are Paintshed content, Paintshed was an old standalone program that was originally made to work with earlier versions of Trainz that allowed you to recolour a limited selection of trains, but it is not compatiable with the latest versions (without a lot of tinkering around under the hood).

As N3V no longer support it and thus does not work with the latest Trainz versions, you need an old version of Trainz (specfically, Trainz 2004) to install the content into in Paintshed, then import it from the 04 directory into a later version through the later version's Content Manager manually, and then have to fix the inevitable errors that result (apparently the last version that Paintshed content can run in was 2012 - it is not compatiable at all without major errorfixing with TANE or 2017, this is partially why I'm a 2010 holdout... for now).

So unfortunately it is not worth bothering with (and now that I think about it, I don't I might even have those carriages still after all, I lost a lot of old content to a hard drive failure back in 2009 including some of my Paintshed reskins so I may have lost them I'm sorry :().

If you're interested in making your own content there are many of tutorials around that instruct you how to do so. :)

Last edited:
Hello.
Great to hear from you again.
Thank you so much for the message a few days ago, I am sorry that it’s taken me a while to respond to you.
That’s no worries at all, I might have a look at those tutorials today as I am very interested in how you make locomotives and rollingstock for Trainz.
Best wishes
Rowan.

Unfortunately, the problem is they are Paintshed content, Paintshed was an old standalone program that was originally made to work with earlier versions of Trainz that allowed you to recolour a limited selection of trains, but it is not compatiable with the latest versions (without a lot of tinkering around under the hood).

As N3V no longer support it and thus does not work with the latest Trainz versions, you need an old version of Trainz (specfically, Trainz 2004) to install the content into in Paintshed, then import it from the 04 directory into a later version through the later version's Content Manager manually, and then have to fix the inevitable errors that result (apparently the last version that Paintshed content can run in was 2012 - it is not compatiable at all without major errorfixing with TANE or 2017, this is partially why I'm a 2010 holdout... for now).

So unfortunately it is not worth bothering with (and now that I think about it, I don't I might even have those carriages still after all, I lost a lot of old content to a hard drive failure back in 2009 including some of my Paintshed reskins so I may have lost them I'm sorry :().

If you're interested in making your own content there are many of tutorials around that instruct you how to do so. :)

Hello.
Great to hear from you.
Thank you so much for your help with this, I really appreciate it.
I will definitely have another look at Trainz today as I haven’t been playing it on the computer for quite a few days now.
Best wishes
Rowan.

If you have TS12 download it from the Content Manager not the web page, just done a quick search on TGR quite a few items.

Gday Rowan.
You wont have much luck finding them. As noted on the previous page they cannot be shared due to stipulations by the creator. As far as I know he is basically unreachable with public information anymore, I tried for years until I located copies of the loco again in a backup I had.

Most of the Tasmanian Content that exists isn't on the DLS anyway though. There is a fair bit of private content that isnt online.
M%20MA_zpscb3jppdw.jpg

Hi Rowan, please dont tell me how you are as i dont care.

all of these are not available for you and never will be!

good luck finding these else where as no one will share with you

Quinton the one and only :)

For your first post you have shown a very immature attitude. First posts are often those that make a lasting impression of a users personality. I am sorry to see that this thread, which has interested me, has now degenerated into a childish spat.

Thanks for that pware, I just wasn't sure how to respond when I read Quinton's post. I too have followed this with interest, and other than Rowan needing to get past the registered serial number issue, I don't know why anyone would take issue with this thread....

Yeah...... that type of response is for someone who wants to turn the whole community against him.

Hey all,

I've been wondering, is their a website that has the full listing of TAS stuff, similar to the multiple sites Victoria has such as Mark B, Peter Vincent, Rob O'regen, their might be something I could whip up that's at my skill level.

Cheers.

Has anyone built the V Class? looks simple enough and I'm pretty sure their is a 2'6" one at Belgrave, I'd need at least 4 to 5 months to build it.

As to these freight bogies how much different are they to my BG and SG ones?

6294125269_1f975643b3_b.jpg

1808_zg1.jpg

Cheers.

Yeah...... that type of response is for someone who wants to turn the whole community against him.

Hey all,

I've been wondering, is their a website that has the full listing of TAS stuff, similar to the multiple sites Victoria has such as Mark B, Peter Vincent, Rob O'regen, their might be something I could whip up that's at my skill level.

Cheers.

I would recommend checking out railtasmania.com. Aside from Wikipedia it’s probably the best site to head over to to view Tasmanian locomotives and rolling stock.

Has anyone built the V Class? looks simple enough and I'm pretty sure their is a 2'6" one at Belgrave, I'd need at least 4 to 5 months to build it.

As to these freight bogies how much different are they to my BG and SG ones?

Cheers.

There is a V class on the download station that isn’t too bad. I have done some private edits to increase texture resolution etc as it was lacking in those areas (due to its age). I believe it’s circa TRS2004? The only issue with it in modern versions is the bogey/running gear attachment points don’t seem to behave in modern trainz.

EDIT: Photo added

V_zpslq0aoepa.jpg

Last edited:
Hello all.
Thank you so much to everyone who have been able to help with the Tasmanian locomotives on Trainz, I really appreciate it.
It’s very interesting to see what has been produced over the years and I am now very interested to work at doing my own ones for the DLS one day.
Best wishes
Rowan.

Hello,
That's no problem at all with not being able to find the creator of the TGR locomotives.
Thank you so much for the screenshot of MA2 and M4 at Don River, wow this looks fantastic.
I am just wondering, do you have anymore screen shots of the locos around the Don River Railway on Trainz?
Thank you so much again, I really appreciate it.
Best wishes
Rowan

Hello,
That's no problem at all with not being able to find the creator of the TGR locomotives.
Thank you so much for the screenshot of MA2 and M4 at Don River, wow this looks fantastic.
I am just wondering, do you have anymore screen shots of the locos around the Don River Railway on Trainz?
Thank you so much again, I really appreciate it.
Best wishes
Rowan

Gday Rowan.
You wont have much luck finding them. As noted on the previous page they cannot be shared due to stipulations by the creator. As far as I know he is basically unreachable with public information anymore, I tried for years until I located copies of the loco again in a backup I had.

Most of the Tasmanian Content that exists isn't on the DLS anyway though. There is a fair bit of private content that isnt online.
M%20MA_zpscb3jppdw.jpg

Hello,
Thank you so much for posting the photo of the 3 V class engines together, they really do look fantastic, especially the one with the TGR logo.
Best wishes
Rowan

There is a V class on the download station that isn’t too bad. I have done some private edits to increase texture resolution etc as it was lacking in those areas (due to its age). I believe it’s circa TRS2004? The only issue with it in modern versions is the bogey/running gear attachment points don’t seem to behave in modern trainz.

EDIT: Photo added

V_zpslq0aoepa.jpg

Hello,

I simply came across this thread by accident and as someone who has made TGR content. I did create a number of content pieces for the Fingal Line project with Elstoko, which are safely backed up on hard-drives which I was going to release back in 2018 but my computer failed and moved on to larger trains. I have returned after 2 years, so expect the lot of them to get reworked and uploaded to TANE/TRS19 Standard. I have the following on my database:

Locomotives:

TGR C, CC, & CCS Class - Two are available on download station and CCS yet to be released pending creation of driver bogies.
TGR M & MA classes - Completely new model directly reworked from my H class which was released and revised by AD62000/Elstoko for Fingal.
TGR Q class - Never released, as the H class was used instead for Fingal.
TGR A Class - (Beyer Peacock 4-4-0) - Never released although complete.
TGR E class - E1: 4-8-0 (Beyer Peacock) - Never released although complete and needs drivers bogie.

Carriages:

A, AAL, ABL, AL, BBL, Suburban Carriages, DB Guards & Tasman Limited Carriages.

Wagons:

Various Timber Types: A, CC, QC, E and Flat Wagons.

I will post here, when I upload them or get time.

Regards

Mich - Trainz89

Back