Tasmanian locomotives on Trainz

rail_rowan

Hello.
I am just wondering if I could ask everyone on the forum about Trainz?
A few years ago I think there was an add on for the Tasmanian Government Railways M and MA class for Trainz but I am not to sure what happened to them?
I am just wondering, does anyone know if they are still available?
I have a passion for steam locomotives and I am very interested in anything that is created of the Tasmanian Railways.
Thank you so much, I really appreciate it.
Best wishes
Rowan

Last edited:
Tasmanian locomotives

Hello.
Thank you so much for your help with the Tasmanian locomotives on Trainz, I really appreciate it.
I am just wondering, do you know how I can access the DLS?
Its just that I am very new to the Trainz forum and I am not 100% how I can get onto this from the computer at home?
Thank you so much again, I really appreciate it.
Best wishes
Rowan

Tasmanian locomotives

Hello again.
I am sorry to disturb you again but I think I found out how to access the DLS.
Thank you so much again for your help, I really appreciate it.
Best wishes
Rowan

Rowan --

"steve246", Steven Richardson, released the TGR M & MA-class locomotives some time ago. Actually, that's an understatement - it was a long time ago. For the time they were outstandingly brilliant, with lots of wonderful details. Even by today's standards they are superb. From memory they came in both narrow gauge and standard gauge versions.

With a few modifications they can be made to work in TRS19.

I have them, but the licence conditions prevent me from sharing:

These mesh files and textures are copyrighted by their creator, Steven Richardson, for sole use by the purchaser.

Without my express written permission YOU MAY NOT:
Distribute this asset in any way.
Repaint, or modify this asset in any way.
Sell, lease, or otherwise charge for these files.
Claim them, in whole or in part, as your own.

These contained files are designed for use with Auran Trainz Railroad Simulator 2004 SP2 but are provided 'as-is' with no guarantee either expressed or implied as to their fitness for use with Auran TRS2004 or any other product on your machine. I am not responsible for anything that may happen to your computer or information on your computer, or through those items to any of your, or anyone else's possessions. You install these files at your own risk.

If you want to contact him the details are:

support at pcrailways dot com

but most likely you will find that contact no longer exists.

These are the standard gauge versions:

TGR-M-class-locomotive.jpg

TGR-MA-class-locomotive.jpg

Phil

What is the username you use in your game settings?

Hi.
Thank you so much for your message.
I am using Trainz Simulator 12 from my ‘Steam’ account but I couldn’t find the serial number for the game so that can download from the DLS.
I was able to have a look at the downloads on the DLS but it mentions that I need add in a serial number at the top left hand corner of the screen.
I managed to buy Trainz Simulator 12 last night as a physical copy and I think it’s coming over from the UK?
Thank you so much again.
Best wishes
Rowan.

Tasmanian M and MA class

Hi Phil.
Great to hear from you.
Thank you so much for your help with the TGR M and MA class locomotives for Trainz and also for the email address and the 2 photos, I really appreciate it.
I will definitely send Steven Richardson an email about the locos, they look fantastic in these photos.
Thank you so much again Phil.
Best wishes
Rowan.

Rowan --

"steve246", Steven Richardson, released the TGR M & MA-class locomotives some time ago. Actually, that's an understatement - it was a long time ago. For the time they were outstandingly brilliant, with lots of wonderful details. Even by today's standards they are superb. From memory they came in both narrow gauge and standard gauge versions.

These mesh files and textures are copyrighted by their creator, Steven Richardson, for sole use by the purchaser.

These contained files are designed for use with Auran Trainz Railroad Simulator 2004 SP2 but are provided 'as-is' with no guarantee either expressed or implied as to their fitness for use with Auran TRS2004 or any other product on your machine. I am not responsible for anything that may happen to your computer or information on your computer, or through those items to any of your, or anyone else's possessions. You install these files at your own risk.

Phil

TGR M and MA class

Hi again Phil.
I just wanted to let you know that I tried to email Steven Richardson about the M and MA class but unfortunately it didn’t go through.
I will still see if I can make contact with him as I am really interested in the 2 M class locos that he released.
Thank you again Phil.
Best wishes Rowan.

Rowan --

Phil

I thought a M or Ma was done by Bearcat and Ad602000 as their was a bit of talk about some TGR locos being built by them about 2016 ish.

Cheers.

TGR locos

Hello.
Thank you so much for letting me know about this, I will definitely see if I can find out more as I am very interested in anything of the steam locomotives in Tasmania for Trainz Simulator.
Best wishes
Rowan

I thought a M or Ma was done by Bearcat and Ad602000 as their was a bit of talk about some TGR locos being built by them about 2016 ish.

Cheers.

I think they were TGR H locos
I don't think the creator of the M & MA locos left Trainz in early 2000s.
Cheeers,
Mike

There are 6 TGR T class locos and tenders on the DLS. The TGR imported 6 T Class from the South Australian Government Railways and they ran with their original SAGR numbers.

There is also a TGR X Class diesel and TGR DP Class railmotors on the DLS.

Hi.
Thank you so much for your message.
I am using Trainz Simulator 12 from my ‘Steam’ account but I couldn’t find the serial number for the game so that can download from the DLS.
I was able to have a look at the downloads on the DLS but it mentions that I need add in a serial number at the top left hand corner of the screen.
I managed to buy Trainz Simulator 12 last night as a physical copy and I think it’s coming over from the UK?
Thank you so much again.
Best wishes
Rowan.

Your serial number for Trainz Simulator 12 in Steam is available by right clicking on the name of the game in the list of games, in the popup menu choose Manage > CD Keys. Use the Copy to Clipboard button to copy it. Then go to this page to add it to your account.

https://www.auran.com/planetauran/SN_Enter_Serialnumber.php

William

There is also the Australian Standard Garratt (ASG) that ran on TGR rails for about a decade, in both in steam and weathered 'dead' versions, and the SAR Y class 2-6-0 that ran in Tasmania as the C class (built new for TGR) and the F class (purchased second-hand from the SAR and CR) (you would have to contact the creator if you want to reskin it to TGR colours though). For diesels there is also the V class 0-6-0 shunter. These are all available on the DLS.

I once made some bad Paintshed reskins of the TGR SS/SSD/SSS class Hobart suburban carriages from British Mk II stock, but these are really old and only have a passing resemblence to the real thing so I never uploaded them to the DLS incidentally (I'm rather embarrased about them to be honest!). :p

Last edited:
Serial number for Trainz Simulator

Hi William,

Thank you so much for letting me know about this, I will have a look for the serial number for Trainz Simulator 12 now.

Best wishes

Rowan

Your serial number for Trainz Simulator 12 in Steam is available by right clicking on the name of the game in the list of games, in the popup menu choose Manage > CD Keys. Use the Copy to Clipboard button to copy it. Then go to this page to add it to your account.

https://www.auran.com/planetauran/SN_Enter_Serialnumber.php

William

TGR carriages and ASG Garratt's

Hello.

Thank you so much for letting me know about the ASG Garratt's, that sounds really interesting.

I am just wondering, do you still have the reskins of the TGR SS/SSD/SSS class carriages for Trainz?

I will definitely have a look for the TGR V class diesels on the DLS as well, I love the look of the M and MA class locomotives that were created for Trainz a number of years as well.

Best wishes

Rowan

There is also the Australian Standard Garratt (ASG) that ran on TGR rails for about a decade, in both in steam and weathered 'dead' versions, and the SAR Y class 2-6-0 that ran in Tasmania as the C class (built new for TGR) and the F class (purchased second-hand from the SAR and CR) (you would have to contact the creator if you want to reskin it to TGR colours though). For diesels there is also the V class 0-6-0 shunter. These are all available on the DLS.

I once made some bad Paintshed reskins of the TGR SS/SSD/SSS class Hobart suburban carriages from British Mk II stock, but these are really old and only have a passing resemblence to the real thing so I never uploaded them to the DLS incidentally (I'm rather embarrased about them to be honest!). :p

TGR locomotives on the DLS

Hello,

Thank you so much for letting me know about these, the T class locomotives sound very interesting, I will definitely have a look for them on the DLS today.

Best wishes

Rowan

There are 6 TGR T class locos and tenders on the DLS. The TGR imported 6 T Class from the South Australian Government Railways and they ran with their original SAGR numbers.

There is also a TGR X Class diesel and TGR DP Class railmotors on the DLS.

M and MA class locomotives

Hi Mike,

Thank you so much for this.

I am still trying to find out if I can make contact with the creator of the M and MA class locomotives for Trainz but unfortunately I haven't been able to find him on the forum.

Best wishes

Rowan

I think they were TGR H locos
I don't think the creator of the M & MA locos left Trainz in early 2000s.
Cheeers,
Mike

Back