Boxcar doors continually open/close after AI loading

1611mac

- - . -
Not sure where to post this... is this a session issue, asset issue, or SP1 issue?

I'm running the Tane Sea Port/Industrial SP4 AI session. A consist of boxcars gets loaded and after the load then the doors perpetually open and close. Consist is moved, set, uncoupled, and they still sit there opening and closing. Details show the cars as "empty." "builtin" 50ft PRR boxcar <kuid2:56063:120730:3:

btw: This route and session (LOT'S of AI) seem to be working fine in 19-SP1. For those who enjoy AI sessions give it a look. The seaport/seaport yard is non-stop action. Trains, Cars, Trucks, Planes, Ships, etc etc all under AI. Plenty of trains running, passenger and freight.

Yes a script issue in TANE. The method in question from TRS06 thru TS12 set the speed of the animation and ran it once. In TANE it runs it continuously. In TRS19 it looks like it's back to running it once. But that might be on a TB basis I'm not sure. There was a fix (replacement script) somebody made a few years back. I thought they got updated but I guess that didn't happen. In any case I have an new script library that I'm uploading soon that will be used with majekear's new (TRS19 only) boxcars when they appear. It can be used with his old boxcars in TANE but they require some editing to use the new script.

Bob Pearson

Last edited:
I just uploaded a new script library to DLS that's a replacement for the older scripts majekear used. It should be available soon. I'll post back with details when it shows up. It's set at TB 2.9 so older versions of Trainz can make use of it make use of it back to TS09. I'll upload a TB 3.5 version soon so they won't have to fix an asset that's fully compliant with TB 2.9 to 3.5.

Bob Pearson

I just uploaded a new script library to DLS that's a replacement for the older scripts majekear used. It should be available soon. I'll post back with details when it shows up. It's set at TB 2.9 so older versions of Trainz can make use of it make use of it back to TS09. I'll upload a TB 3.5 version soon so they won't have to fix an asset that's fully compliant with TB 2.9 to 3.5.

Bob Pearson

Just to be clear, we will need to down load this script and add it to the box cars that have the door problem?

Yes, this script is for majekear's NEW boxcars that will he's getting ready to make available for TRS19 but it can be used with his older boxcars that have animated side doors.

HOWEVER:
It is not an automatic fix for the older boxcars.
Because the script was included as part of that content you will need to edit the boxcars so they can access the new script.

The library was approved this morning so will be available soon. I'll start a thread in the content creation or freeware announcements forums and a link here when it's available.
I'll include a description of how to edit the older assets to use the new script for anyone that wants to take that route.

Bob Pearson

Ummmm, I a bit unclear on which layout/route is being used here. It sounds interesting!

Dave

Hobos usually RR spike a doors guide track to prevent it slamming shut during rough trainhandling. I talked with a hobo that described a sadistically horribly mean carman, that deliberately snuck up, and locked them all inside, and wouldn't let them out for hours on end.

Off topic, but I once found an old time wooden red swaybelly dilapidated boxcar that had a hobo sitting inside, but I can't find it anymore, any ideas ?

Last edited:
Ummmm, I a bit unclear on which layout/route is being used here. It sounds interesting!
Dave

Unclear here too... Are you asking about the route I saw this on? (OP here) If so it's a Tane 4.5 Route. "Sea Port/Industrial SP4" is the route <kuid:394799:100340> and the Session is "Ship Yard & Industrial Basic<kuid:394799:100399> both by "lewiscc65" - Believe me, it's any thing but "basic!" A very active route! Very active! And did I say active?

Seems to run fine in Tane SP4 but I've mainly tried it in TRS19 and after a while traffic jams begin to appear. I count 28 on track AI trains and a Garbage truck, car, Yacht, Mack-Track, 2 helicopters, cruise ship, seaplane, and serveral airliners all driven by AI. In TRS19 I keep getting "(Driver) passed signal at Red" messages which obviously causes issues. Runs much better in Tane SP4 but then, note the name of the Route :)

Back