Silver and Platinum - together forever?

AWRRBob

As a new Trainz 2019 member (since this November) my understanding is that if I purchase a Silver subscription I get Premium access to the DLS (not sure what Premium is), no restrictions to DLC, and faster download speeds. I believe it also come with the Platinum Edition at no additional cost. If this is not true please correct me. Question is, if I cancel Silver in 2021 do I lose access to Platinum?

Thanks Malc. I know that with Silver I can get [FONT=&quot]pre-packaged content that can be purchased from the Trainz Store. Is there a cost for these items? There are so many options form which to choose it's hard navagating through them all.[/FONT]

Thanks Malc. I know that with Silver I can get pre-packaged content that can be purchased from the Trainz Store. Is there a cost for these items? There are so many options form which to choose it's hard navagating through them all.

With Silver and Gold the DLC is free until you stop subscribing, if you stop then it gets disabled, you can however purchase normally if you prefer or before cancelling Silver in which case it won't disappear or if you start subscribing again later it all comes back again.

All very confusing when confronted with all the choices.

Should say that Platinum is apparently according to N3V the latest version of Trainz and a separate install not an upgrade, so it looks to me as if Normal non subscription TRS19 will not have any more updates after they fix the pause issue with it!

You can of course have Non sub TRS19 and Silver or Platinum and Silver, if you already have the non sub TRS19 and got Platinum you would have two separate installs, add Silver and it covers both though for the DLC and the FCT.
Plus and Gold Plus gets even more confusing!

Whew! Thanks, I'm sure it will all become clearer as I continue down the track.

With Silver and Gold the DLC is free until you stop subscribing, if you stop then it gets disabled, you can however purchase normally if you prefer or before cancelling Silver in which case it won't disappear or if you start subscribing again later it all comes back again.

All very confusing when confronted with all the choices.

Should say that Platinum is apparently according to N3V the latest version of Trainz and a separate install not an upgrade, so it looks to me as if Normal non subscription TRS19 will not have any more updates after they fix the pause issue with it!

You can of course have Non sub TRS19 and Silver or Platinum and Silver, if you already have the non sub TRS19 and got Platinum you would have two separate installs, add Silver and it covers both though for the DLC and the FCT.
Plus and Gold Plus gets even more confusing!

One thing I forgot. In the DLS it states "Download with Content Manager is not available". Is there an issue with downloading there?

One thing I forgot. In the DLS it states "Download with Content Manager is not available". Is there an issue with downloading there?

Supposed to use Manage Content in TRS19 not the web page which is not compatible with TANE or TRS19. Bad idea using the web pages anyway as they will need downloading, importing and end up locally modified with possibly errors and warnings that are suppressed if downloading via Manage Content. However you can download by FTP one item at a time however you will have to manually import, far easier to use manage content when you can download many items in one go. highlight each item, right click, download.

Ah, so Manage Content is the same as the DLS! I've used the Manage Content many times. Works great. Thanks!

Back