wheel animation running backward on sd 70s

EJB

haven't noticed this before but the wheel spinn backward on the CSX SD fr and maybe others. is there a fix for this. tis has probably been brught up but i can't find the thread.
also the AMTRAK F49PH3 is broken in trs 19. is it repairable or just let it go?
thanx in advance
ejb

Be very careful with this, wheels can appear to be running backwards at certain speeds because of the frame rates. Check the wheels when the loco is going very slowly. If they are indeed running backwards you will have to edit the loco config.txt file, the tag to be altered in the config is in the bogey section, change "reversed 0" to "reversed 1" or vice versa.

Bill69.

P.S. I am sure you will have seen cars with wheels appearing to run backwards on TV.

Bill69.

Last edited:
it is definitely the sd 70. i have several ge tied to it and they spin the right direction.
thanx
bill

I recall Paul Hobbs having a solution for this but can't remember how he does it. I think it may be offsetting a keyframe in the animation cycle.

Cayden

bill 69 you are correct. changing the 0 to 1 and the 1 to 0 in the front and rear truck did the trick.
thanx again.
ejb
i have had these engines forever and really never noticed until today. crap i'm getting old

bill 69 you are correct. changing the 0 to 1 and the 1 to 0 in the front and rear truck did the trick.
thanx again.
ejb
i have had these engines forever and really never noticed until today. crap i'm getting old

We all get old as time goes on.

Cheers,
Bill69

Back