Help getting started with TRS2019 on Steam?

cando614

Hello all!
Last night I purchased TRS2019 on Steam (which is how I also purchased TS2012 and TANE.)

Every time I launch the game, a grey "Asset Download" dialogue pops up, and it takes several minutes or even a half-hour to download the various assets. I activated a First-Class Ticket to try and speed things up, but it seems like there's a lot to do. I'm not sure why, because the base game was 7.5GB. Last night I thought this download dialogue ran to completion, but today it's doing the same thing. Grey dialogue and a lengthy download. :(

When I browse my content in Content Manager, it shows 92 faulty assets items out of 490,000. I'm not sure why any of the content would be faulty in a brand-new install.

Also I launched one driver scenario, the Thurmond empties with the C&O Kanawha loco. I wasn't able to move the "chase cam" around the loco as I remember doing in previous versions of the game.
So I'm off to a bit of a rocky start. I'm hoping that some of you can enlighten me on the issues I've mentioned. Thanks!!

Last edited:
The download speed varies based upon the routing from your ISP to our various servers and the traffic on that network. The FCT only assists with the Download Station speed.

The Asset Download will install any non-installed items, and this can run in the background. Faulty items may be related to missing dependencies not yet installed.

Moving the chase cam is done by holding RMB and moving the mouse or using the arrow keys as with other versions.

view
Tony, thank you for the prompt reply.
I'm starting to wonder if I purchased the wrong "version;" maybe I should have purchased the North American edition?

I also think I bought the Blue Comet for TANE but for TS2019 it shows it as not owned.

Sorry for all the questions, but finally: how do I make this dialogue go away. I've chosen "Download All" twice and both times it ran to completion. Yet the dialogue persists. Is my Steam installation faulty!? Thanks!

view

You can verify any software in Steam by:

Going to the Library

Right click on TRS2019 in the list of games on the left and choose Properties from the menu.

Click on the Local Files tab and then click on the Verify Integrity of Game Files

If it finds that you are missing files or have corrupt files, it will re download them.

Any older DLC you purchased from Steam will install through the Steam Client. If you purchased it from N3V directly, it downloads through the Asset Downloader.

I had a similar problem when I was forced to update to the SP1 version. My TRS19 in Steam had worked perfectly but after the game refused to run unless the SP1 update was installed against my wishes it had major problems. Thanks a lot N3V. No amount of Database repairs or extended database repairs started by me would fixed the missing assets. Finally, I started the game and went into Content Manager and it kicked off a repair automatically and I just let it run until complete. That seemed to have fixed the problems.

In the asset downloader, you have to right click an item and remove it from the list manually. You do not need to keep downloading DLC if you have done it already. Unless you get the payware installed but not active error. The fix for that issue is to delete the packages for that DLC from the Local Data folder /packages folder which you can find the location of under the launcher > Install tab. After deleting the bad packages, do a database repair then download the DLC again.
There is a list of all DLC packages in the Trainz wiki but at the moment I can't find it. Maybe Tony would know where it is and then make a sticky of its location.

William

Last edited:
I just check and I have the Blue Comet payware showing in my TRS2019. I got it from N3V years ago for TS12 I think. It shows a 2.9 Trainz build. So at least it does work in TRS19.

William

Back