Routes included in Trainz Railroad Simulation 2019, Platinum Edition

All,

I have purchased TRS 2019 Platinum Edition. I like it very much. I need to know how to access all the routes and content that come with the Simulation. I downloaded it from N3V website. Build #105100.

Thanks for your help.

Bruce

Is it different with Platinum? Usually games need to be installed via the in game Downloader. When you launch TRS19 you get the Splash screen. On that screen click "File" and "Download Purchased Items." Then when you launch the game itself you should get a window with all your routes to download. At least, that's how my versions have worked. Perhaps Platinum is different.

Is it different with Platinum. on my I had to download from the content Store ? It at the bottom on the Splash screen click on it and it will open and you will need to install each one

In theory it has a route called Canadian Rockies

How do I bring it up?

Same goes for "EDINBURGH - DUNDEE" and "Sebino Lake, Italy"

Thanks John

Update: All, I don't have Sebino Lake, Niddertalbahn, Cornish Mainline, Canadian Rocky Mountains and ECML Dundee. I can not find them. I have gone into the bottom of the splash screen and there is a list of Routes that I can download. In the list to download the Canadian Rocky Mountains is not there as a couple of the others. Any help would be appreciated.

Bruce

Update: All, I don't have Sebino Lake, Niddertalbahn, Cornish Mainline, Canadian Rocky Mountains and ECML Dundee. I can not find them. I have gone into the bottom of the splash screen and there is a list of Routes that I can download. In the list to download the Canadian Rocky Mountains is not there as a couple of the others. Any help would be appreciated.

Bruce

I seem to be missing them as well.

Anyone?

Thanks John

Platinum was released just before they went on the xmas break. May have celebrated to much and forgot to link them up.

So you have "Content Store" on your Splash Panel? (that's the panel that appears when you first launch the game, it has Start, Manage Content, Settings, etc) What do you see when you click "Content Store."

Just a thought... I don't have Platinum. The Content Store is a brand new feature and it has issues yet. It had issues in beta versions and I'm somewhat surprised that it was a part of the release.

See if this helps (My guess is no as Platinum is not a membership, but give a look.) Log in to your web account and click "My Memberships" on the left side. See if you have an orange button for "Manage Content Vault". If so , click it and see if you have product there.

Again... I'm in the Dark as I don't have Platinum. (I'm on Gold) - But it's one more thing you can check.

Last edited:
If you dig you'll find something called content store on the splash screen. Scroll through and hidden amongst the routes with a $ sign the routes are there. You need to download and install them.

My personal view is TS19 plat is aimed squarely at the gamers with money and plenty of disk space since it installs as well as any existing TS19 install. I haven't found anything worth the extra money yet and that includes the routes I thought might be interesting before buying. I can see content marked as new version available but there seems no way to get a new version.

Still TANE works quite nicely still.

Cheerio John

I'm brand new to all of this and just purchased TANE Platinum and (a couple of days later) TRS2019 Platinum. For the latter, went to Content Store > Purchased Content and did Download All to acquire all of the extra content. I had added an extra SSD to the system specifically for Trainz and its content, which for me made sense because a new 256 GB SSD was $27 at MicroCenter and this way I don't have to renew the FCT. We have plenty of content to keep my son and I busy for a long time (plus I don't like him having an internet connection un-supervised while he's playing this).

I agree TANE Platinum is still a great product, but imo 2019 Platinum was worth the price of admission for the Canadian and new English routes/sessions (my son is a huge fan of English steamers). LOL, it seems much of the crowd here is older, which means I'll fit right in. But as life would have it my son isn't even a teen yet. Nice to see him so interested in TRAINZ instead of all of that shoot-em-up stuff...

I'm brand new to all of this and just purchased TANE Platinum and (a couple of days later) TRS2019 Platinum. For the latter, went to Content Store > Purchased Content and did Download All to acquire all of the extra content. I had added an extra SSD to the system specifically for Trainz and its content, which for me made sense because a new 256 GB SSD was $27 at MicroCenter and this way I don't have to renew the FCT. We have plenty of content to keep my son and I busy for a long time (plus I don't like him having an internet connection un-supervised while he's playing this).

I agree TANE Platinum is still a great product, but imo 2019 Platinum was worth the price of admission for the Canadian and new English routes/sessions (my son is a huge fan of English steamers). LOL, it seems much of the crowd here is older, which means I'll fit right in. But as life would have it my son isn't even a teen yet. Nice to see him so interested in TRAINZ instead of all of that shoot-em-up stuff...

Welcome to Trainz and the forums. This is a hobby that will stick with you forever. I've been at it since December 2003. There are many here who have been using the product since its inception in 2001 or 2002. Wow!

I understand you not wanting your son to be online, but you do know you need to connect at least once a month to My Trainz, meaning connect the computer to the network, while running TRS19 and T:ANE in order to keep the product authorized. If you don't do that, the DLC content will become inactive and other features and dependencies will stop working.

What's great about this product in general is the content doesn't need to be in its default location. You can easily move the content to another hard drive, recommended, rather than keep it on the boot drive under that gawd awful install location.

Should you want to do this at some point, we can assist you. The process is pretty simple, and N3V has even put together a help document as well.

W8PHGA

I know this thing is a resource hog and disk IO at least a part of that, so figured it best to just install the whole mess, both program and content on its own SSD since SSDs are so inexpensive these days. I am aware of the need for Trainz to phone-home via the net every now and then and lol, that happens while the kid is at school and I'm at home enjoying retirement playing Trainz on the same machine!

I do have a quick question that is at least tangentially related to the OPs original question. For third party content downloaded from another site, do we use the Import feature to get them "inside" of Trainz?

Last edited:
I would assume that if you have downloaded assets from a third party web site then they would be as a .cdp file or files. In this case you would use the "import feature" (CM File menu-->Import Content Files) to install those assets into your Trainz installation.

The other way is to simply drag and drop onto the content manager window, you can install multiple cdp's at once. They will install sequentially. Generally after installing third party cdp's, it will be necessary to check them for missing dependencies, many will be available on the download station. The easy way is to right click on a file with missing dependencies and select download. This will take care of any DLS assets. Any still missing will require an internet hunt.
cheers
Graeme

The other way is to simply drag and drop onto the content manager window, you can install multiple cdp's at once. They will install sequentially. Generally after installing third party cdp's, it will be necessary to check them for missing dependencies, many will be available on the download station. The easy way is to right click on a file with missing dependencies and select download. This will take care of any DLS assets. Any still missing will require an internet hunt.
cheers
Graeme

You can do that with a folder containing a many CDPs as well. Drag once and all go in sequentially. I do that all the time now. It's great when content has been RAR'd or zipped. Unzip to a folder, drag the unzipped folder on to a CM window, done.

I always check afterwards for open for edit content and also for the missing dependencies and obsolete assets.

I have recently purchased the digital download of Train Railroad 2019 full platinum version and would like to know where to go to obtain the nine routes. I have contacted Trainz support but haven’t received a response. When I access Steam it is not there, although TANE still is. Accessing via the application icon does not show the routes. They say installed but there is no session button to access them.

Can anyone inform me where I can download the routes please? I downloaded from the full installer should I have downloaded from the online installer?

Last edited:
The TRS19 Launcher screen has a button labelled "Trainz Store" or something similar (not at my Trainz computer at the moment so I cannot check). Click that button and a list of all available DLC content should appear. Some of those items will have a button "Install" or "Install Now" - these are the DLC routes and assets that are available to you as part of your purchase. Select which ones you want (you don't have to download them all or all at once).

Thank you so much for this advice I will follow your instructions tomorrow. I am really grateful to you for your response. I have had a look via content store and can now see I have an awful lot of routes and other content to install and appreciate your help in this matter.

Following on 23/03/20, thank you pware, your help was invaluable and all content has been downloaded and installed.

Last edited:
Back