Confused - Silver Membership?

I am a Gold and Plus member, and I don't own the Platinum edition. In the "Download TRS19" section of MyTrainz, the linked file to "Download TRS19 (Trainz Plus Edition)" is "TRS19-Platinum-Installer-105100.zip". Who said "confusing"?

You don't own it unless you buy it, but do have it as an update within the gold membership.

I am a Gold member but NOT Platinum member but I do have "Platinum stream" available in my update stream.

As info only... I just did a new install from my Digital Download webpage. 100240 was downloaded and immediately updated to SP1 (plus) 105096. I changed update stream to "Platinum" and 19 stayed at 105096 with "no update available." I changed to Platinum Beta stream and also had "no update."

I am a Gold member but NOT Platinum member but I do have "Platinum stream" available in my update stream.

As info only... I just did a new install from my Digital Download webpage. 100240 was downloaded and immediately updated to SP1 (plus) 105096. I changed update stream to "Platinum" and 19 stayed at 105096 with "no update available." I changed to Platinum Beta stream and also had "no update."

You won't have that available. The beta would require a subscription to that, or being asked to join the Platinum beta via N3V QA Team - basically Tony sending out an invite email privately. To access the Platinum download, you have to own the product, and for us gold members, this is actually downgrade and it's basically Gold without the extra goodies. It's not that that isn't a bad thing for those that don't want the extra DLC and belong to the testing stuff. In some ways it's TRS19 upgraded to include the features of Trainz-Plus without the extra baggage that goes with that version and without the subscription to the DLC.

You won't have that available. The beta would require a subscription to that, or being asked to join the Platinum beta via N3V QA Team - basically Tony sending out an invite email privately. To access the Platinum download, you have to own the product, and for us gold members, this is actually downgrade and it's basically Gold without the extra goodies. It's not that that isn't a bad thing for those that don't want the extra DLC and belong to the testing stuff. In some ways it's TRS19 upgraded to include the features of Trainz-Plus without the extra baggage that goes with that version and without the subscription to the DLC.

Yes... that is exactly my understanding of things. But since membership now unlocks feature sets I wondered why the stream option even showed, thus, I wondered what build I would end up with. I'm "sick" that way, you know. I just have know what's going on. I need an intervention. I now have 5 installs, 5 data folders. Stop me please.

Please note that a subscription based product offers a more predictable revenue model. Lenders prefer it to the partially guessed at estimates of sales they usually see. So if you need money you fashion sales around improved predictability. If I were a lender I would ask when will a 100% subscription model will be in-place? Then come back, and we will talk real money.

Last edited:
Says quite clearly in several places including the FAQ's I linked, No Refunds.

Failure to supply a prorated refund on a product advertised as a annual subscription is considered a very bad business practice. And if as Dick stated he no longer as access to the service which he is paying for then it reaches the level of fraud. If N3V doesn't want to provide refunds then they should not sell discounted annual subscriptions. Let the buyer beware is really an obsolete idea.

William

Yes... that is exactly my understanding of things. But since membership now unlocks feature sets I wondered why the stream option even showed, thus, I wondered what build I would end up with. I'm "sick" that way, you know. I just have know what's going on. I need an intervention. I now have 5 installs, 5 data folders. Stop me please.

That sickness spreads among us. I'll have to put on my hazmat suit! Wait... it's too late. I have a number of installs too!

Yeah the stream options show all available and not just the ones you have access to. It would be nice if the others weren't there because it gets confusing when upgrading and testing. You can imagine how many times I too have spent countless hours troubleshooting a patch unavailable message only because I selected the wrong data stream.

I subscribe to an audio book website and if I stop my subscription as I've done occasionally I still get to keep the books I've chosen. I was a Gold subscriber for a short while and the problem was that back when the Content Vault was still a thing the same old stuff shuffled through each month and I wasn't even slightly interested in most of it. In the end I just purchased the small amount of DLC I had some interest in, I also purchased the Uk Edition cash up front and stopped my Gold subscription. Or perhaps I should say I changed my subscription to FCT only since I'd nearly always forget to buy a new FCT when my old one ran out.

The problem that I see with a subscription model is that unless something new to download is offered fairly regularly it all gets old and boring and unappealing really fast. I don't have much money to come and go on and my budget certainly took a hit when I purchased the Uk Edition and the DLC I wanted, but at least now I own them outright without the slow but steady trickle of a subscription every month to budget for.

Last edited:
Yes, but the name "TRS19-Platinum-Installer-105100.zip" implies that other installers exist with different files within.

That is correct TRS19-Installer-9600 is the last one I had which installed version 9600 of TRS19. Every new public release has an installer for those who buy a copy of TRS19.

TRS19 Platinum is for public SP2 update when it comes.
TRS19 Platinum Edition will be the new update stream for TRS19 Plus 105096..
TRS19 Platinum Edition Beta will be the new update stream for TRS19 Plus Beta 105100.

I am a Gold and Plus member, and I don't own the Platinum edition. In the "Download TRS19" section of MyTrainz, the linked file to "Download TRS19 (Trainz Plus Edition)" is "TRS19-Platinum-Installer-105100.zip". Who said "confusing"?

As a Gold member you have access to all the latest versions of Trainz. Since TRS19 Platinum is the latest, that it the one we now offer. So you do have access to the Platinum Edition for as long as you are a member.

As above - it is part of your Gold membership. There is no "Platinum" membership.

Remember gold and plus are only beta updates to test the product before release to general public.
Not quite. Gold and Trainz Plus members have the option to beta test new features prior to them being released to all
Gold and Trainz Plus members. Then, they get to use those "release" features, which may undergo further development, and then at some point in the future, those features are generally wrapped up into a new product release (in this case TRS19 Platinum).

Monthly gold subscription allows you access to new untested update versions...
They are tested internally for a significant peior, and then tested by the subset of members who choose to update to the beta version.

Last edited:
Just so confusing, personally I just want to buy an hard disc set copy of the basic TRS 2019 at a software shop then register it.
Then at an option buy any add on packages online at a later stage.

Sadly shops don't want to sell software any more.

A digital download gets you the same installer as would arrive on a DVD, and you can then buy add-ons at a later stage.

Have you seen this comparison?

[h=1]Product Comparison[/h]
matrix_01.png
[h=1][/h]

Tony......

As a Gold member you have access to all the latest versions of Trainz. Since TRS19 Platinum is the latest, that it the one we now offer. So you do have access to the Platinum Edition for as long as you are a member.

Tony, How do I have "access" to Platinum?

I'm a Gold member and as soon as my 100240 install updated to SP1 everything showed as "PLUS." My "digital download" on the website says "PLUS" version. Now, in "105096 Plus" (as shown on Splash screen) when I select the Platinum stream there is no update. It was my understanding that Platinum is now 105100?.

Tony, even if I knew how to get to "platinum" (105100?) I don't know whether I would want to or not as there is no information describing the differences. I love Trainz and N3V and I want to support same (thus, my Gold membership) but there is a real lack of info on this round of releases. btw.. I do have a 105100 version but that's a result of my Plus beta stream.

Since membership now unlocks features, it would be very helpful to have some information on the different releases (105096 vs 105100) and the features available in each at each membership level. Yes, the chart you show is great and very helpful. But what is not perfectly clear is the differences between the release versions.105096 and 105100. They seem to have the same features. If so, why different build numbers?

Since I cannot seem to "find" my copy of Platinum I am basing the info that Platinum is 105100 from what I read on the forums.

Also, isn't it more accurate to say that "Gold," "Silver," and "Platinum," are "programs" and not software versions? "Silver" and "Gold" being membership programs and Platinum being a "Purchasing" program. The difference is benefits and content, with software features being unlocked by the "program" you are on. If "Platinum" truly is a "stand alone" version, what makes it different? (the app itself?) This has never been explained that I could find. Why Gold members on 105096 and Platinum on 105100?

Thanks Tony. I hope you had a restful holiday. I'm looking forward to great things.

Last edited:
Does a Platinum purchaser (member??) have to pay a periodic fee to retain any of the included benefits (routes and assets) beyond the core Platinum Program?

My interpretation of your comments, and the chart, would say NO. The Platinum program, and any included extra components (routes, assets, etc) become the property of the purchaser, subject to the normal rules and regulations governing the use of thees products. Or, phrased another way, the Platinum product has a usage structure identical to the purchase of the base TRS19 and any added routes or assets.

TRS19 now has a status similar to TANE.
It will receive periodic updates, as available, but no major updates are planned.

Last edited:
Why Gold members on 105096 and Platinum on 105100?

I'm a "Gold" member and doesn't own the "Platinum" edition... but the launcher says Build 105100. Despite of the explanations in above post #32 things are not clearer than before...

As I see it......

105096 is the update from 100240 which was arrived at via the non subscription " normal" version of TRS19 that's how I got it.

105100 is the update for Plus and Gold Plus, which was arrived at via the Plus version I downloaded when I got the Gold Plus subscription as a new install.

Whatever install you have if you have a Plus Account it will show as Plus on the Launcher however that doesn't mean they are the same. If you don't have a Plus account then there will not be a Plus on the Launcher.

1005096 is not the same as 105100, I have both and irrespective of what account you have, it does not have the Content Store button on the Launcher which is a new Plus only feature at present in 1005100 and Platinum, which you could say is a snapshot of the latest Plus install of 105100, if you don't have a plus account then Platinum won't receive any of the new from now onwards Plus feature updates and as some may have noticed the non plus 1005096 installs have an issue with Surveyor being paused! Not a problem if you have a Plus account

Those of us on 1005100 and Gold Plus do not need to buy Platinum, unless you intend cancelling the subscription as you already have it. Plus only accounts don't get the extra DLC, so it might possibly be of interest to them for the additional builtin stuff that comes with Platinum, not applicable to Gold Plus as you can get it all anyway albeit on a rental basis rather than as with Platinum owned.

I would suggest that those on Plus and Gold Plus on 105096, need to download the 105100 installer to get on the correct build, don't let the fact that it says Platinum put you off, currently it's the same software as Gold Plus and Plus.

Features are added on a basis of what account you have not the build.

As a thought it might have made more sense and less confusing to call Platinum and 105100 installs TRS20, as to me, that's what it appears to be.

Last edited:
As I see it......

105096 is the update from 100240 which was arrived at via the non subscription " normal" version of TRS19 that's how I got it.

105100 is the update for Plus and Gold Plus, which was arrived at via the Plus version I downloaded when I got the Gold Plus subscription as a new install.

-snip-

As I said in my post above. I am a Gold and Plus member and my 100240 only updates to 105096. I do see 105100 in my Plus stream but regular TRS19 stream remains at 105096 even though spash panel says "Trainz +" (plus)

Last edited:
HPL
You are a platinum user via the gold membership. Every version update was new features added to the original TRS19 which you had access to. Silver and non members do not get those updates until they become a gold or plus member or purchase the Platinum release. All future updates for gold and plus members will be on the platinum stream until the next public release (maybe Titanium).

Boleyd
Platinum is a one off payment for the game and all included DLC assets only.

1611mac
See above, 105096 is for those on Plus and 105100 those on Plus Beta they are both the same as far as features go. There is no Platinum stream update yet, this is for plus and gold members future updates.

Back