Confused - Silver Membership?

I'm waiting for the hot fix to TRS19 SP1. Classic is as far as I go for now. Subscriptions are out and I think Malc is right Platinum = TRS20.

Bob Pearson

agree - TRS20
I am not buying Platinum until I have a clearer reading from N3V. I believe I know what is happening but it is foolish to spend money on just a belief.

If platinum was introduced as the Replacement to the current TRS19 it would have helped.

Will the TRS19 name be dropped from future product releases? Is the word Platinum the official title going forward?

Oh, is AI improved in Platinum. If yes I will buy tomorrow!

Hi All
Build 105096 is TRS19 SP1; not Trainz Plus/Platinum. As such this build will not feature many of the new features offered through Trainz Plus/TRS19 Platinum.

If you have an active Gold Membership, Trainz Plus Membership, or have purchased the TRS19 Platinum Edition then you can update build 105096 to the Trainz Plus/Platinum version by following these steps:

1) Double click on the TRS19 icon on your desktop
2) Click on Trainz Settings
3) Click on the 'Install' tab
4) Click on 'Change Trainz update stream'
5) Follow the prompts till you see the 'change update stream' option, then click on this
6) Click on the drop down list, and click on 'TRS19 Platinum Edition', then click on 'ok' and 'done'.
7) Now click on 'check for Trainz updates', and follow the prompts to install the available update.

This was not a well designed stack of products. This is an extension of a long tradition of this company to create confusion in an attempt to segment the market to attract new customers. If the information outlining the new products included build numbers then it might have helped, in some cases. Existing customers would then know exactly what they had and if they wanted to buy more.

Since the response to the labeling and packaging of new products directed to specific markets was not enough, a subscription model was introduced to insure a predictable cash flow. I am guessing that this was done, as noted earlier, to attract more sources of capital when needed.

The chart shown earlier should have build numbers added for clarity.

Last edited:
This was not a well designed stack of products. This is an extension of a long tradition of this company to crest confusion in an attempt to segment the market to attract new customers form the added segments. If the information outlining the new products included build numbers then it might have helped in some cases. Existing customers would then know exactly what they had and if they wanted to buy more.

Since the response to the labeling and packaging of new products directed to specific markets was not enough, a subscription model was introduced to insure a predictable cash flow. I am guessing that this was done, as noted earlier, to attract more sources of capital when needed.

The chart shown earlier should have build numbers added for clarity.

And it's not only build numbers and "membership" that must be considered. There is also this:

I'm a Gold/Plus member and I'm sitting here looking at update streams. Ignoring the two for Tane, for TRS19 there is:
- TRS19
- TRS19 beta
- TRS19 Platinum
- TRS19 Platinum beta
- Trainz Plus
- Trainz Plus beta

These need explained also, mostly in relation to each other. Trainz Plus is supposed to be "an update per quarter" with Plus beta's coming frequently. As a Plus member, why would I be interested in Platinum steams? This had not been explained.

And just to complicate. To actually get updates you must sometimes "go through" another stream first I believe. For example, to get Plus beta's you must first select and do the Plus updates and then select the Plus Beta stream.

Last edited:
And it's not only build numbers and "membership" that must be considered. There is also this:

I'm a Gold/Plus member and I'm sitting here looking at update streams. Ignoring the two for Tane, for TRS19 there is:
- TRS19
- TRS19 beta
- TRS19 Platinum
- TRS19 Platinum beta
- Trainz Plus
- Trainz Plus beta

These need explained also, mostly in relation to each other. Trainz Plus is supposed to be "an update per quarter" with Plus beta's coming frequently. As a Plus member, why would I be interested in Platinum steams? This had not been explained.

And just to complicate. To actually get updates you must sometimes "go through" another stream first I believe. For example, to get Plus beta's you must first select and do the Plus updates and then select the Plus Beta stream.

I assume that when there is something relevant to Plus users we will get the usual post on here and the email telling us what stream to use. Not going to worry about it until it's needed.

From Build Number To Build Number Patch Stream Platform
98510 98592 TRS19 PC
98592 100464 Trainz Plus PC
100240 100464 Trainz Plus PC
100464 103221 Trainz Plus Beta PC
102894 103221 Trainz Plus Beta PC
103322 103369 Trainz Plus Beta PC
103369 105100 Trainz Plus Beta PC
105096 105100 Trainz Plus PC

Trainz Plus Update 3 is now LIVE
All Trainz Plus users can now update to the latest version of Trainz. (i.e. Gold Class and Trainz Plus members)

This update introduces the Content Store downloader

The Content Store Downloader feature provides a new way for you to purchase, install, and manage your DLC packs in Trainz. You will now be able to manage your DLC packs more easily than ever before.
You can install new DLC packs by simply following these steps:

Click on Content Store on the Trainz launcher window
Select "Purchased" to show the items you already have access to
Use the ‘Search’ tools at the top right to search or filter the list
Click on Install next to the DLC pack you wish to install (or update, or uninstall)

Of course you can also browse through all the available DLC items, and purchase your favorites from the Trainz Store.

Updates are available from these builds using the "Trainz Plus" stream on your Trainz Launcher:
(PC) 103369 to 105100
(PC) 105096 to 105100
(Mac) 103368 to 105113
(Mac) 104884 to 105113

Note that 105096 is the official "TRS19 SP1" release. We'll be publishing a more detailed note on the differences, but Content Store is the most obvious feature in 105100 that is not in 105096.

If you have a build that is not on the list, then patch using the "Trainz Plus Beta" stream to the nearest number in the list, then switch over to "Trainz Plus" stream.
Last edited by Tony_Hilliam; December 19th, 2019 at 07:48 AM.
Tony Hilliam

Got questions about TRS19? Click here for TRS19 FAQs

Looking for answers to in-game functionality? Click here for help

Back