What is the trainz-build of TRS19 SP1

Or just a subscriber badge.

William

But there are now three different subscriptions, Silver, Plus and Gold Plus. Plus is without the free DLC just the Plus version of Trainz.

Actually on British Trainz we have the ability to show your Trainz version, build and user kuid, not that everyone uses it or keeps it up to date!.

But there are now three different subscriptions, Silver, Plus and Gold Plus. Plus is without the free DLC just the Plus version of Trainz.

Actually on British Trainz we have the ability to show your Trainz version, build and user kuid, not that everyone uses it or keeps it up to date!.

That's my point. It would be easy to put your info in your footer but not everyone does nor do they understand the importance of doing so. The build number is also meaningless now. A year from now half the posts in the forums will be clarifications on which version/feature set the poster has or is referring to.

It would be easy to put your info in your footer but not everyone does nor do they understand the importance of doing so. The build number is also meaningless now. A year from now half the posts in the forums will be clarifications on which version/feature set the poster has or is referring to.

Good idea. I have now amended my footer to match.

TANE SP4 Beta saves a route as 4.5.
TRS19 SP1 (105096) saves a route as 4.6.
TRS19 SP1 (105100) saves a route as 4.6.

I'm confused why I have two different Version Builds of 105096 and 105100. I'm sure I bought a copy on the original release that I suspect is now 105096, The 105100 version, that I describe as the Gold Version, came with the subscription. The latter is my "play" and asset dev version.

I'm not bothering to update any DLC on the 105096 version as I only use it for CRG purposes. If I drop my Gold membership then 2/3rds of the DLC will become invalid anyway.

Getting back to the original question posed by Deane, and I don't know his thoughts behind that question, this might be useful:

1. TRS19 (whatever) is asset Trainz-Build 4.6 and any new assets I make will be for that version.
2. For TB 4.6 you can:
a. Import FBX files which get converted to Trainzmesh.
b. Import IM files.
c. Use the old materials (tbumpxxx, etc) for either IM or FBX.
d. Use the PBR materials only with FBX.
e. You can mix IM and FBX, and new and old materials in the same model.

Other:

I think there is a bug with scenery assets using mesh-table LOD, built with TB 4.5, and used in TRS19 SP1. Some of my test assets will not show the high poly mesh version. The easy fix is to bump the TB to 4.6 and add the, now compulsory, mesh-table-lod-transition-distances tag.

There is also something weird in the CM asset validation. Some assets, on commit, will show as faulty but checking errors and warnings shows none. If you then use Preview Asset then Trainz suddenly decides its not faulty. I've had a discussion with the N3V QA about this and he had already observed this issue.

Apologies if I have drifted too far off the original question.

TANE SP4 Beta saves a route as 4.5.
TRS19 SP1 (105096) saves a route as 4.6.
TRS19 SP1 (105100) saves a route as 4.6.

I'm confused why I have two different Version Builds of 105096 and 105100. I'm sure I bought a copy on the original release that I suspect is now 105096, The 105100 version, that I describe as the Gold Version, came with the subscription. The latter is my "play" and asset dev version.

I only have one copy of TRS19 SP1 - the Standard build 105096. The TRS19 Gold Subscription (which you mentioned that you have) could be the other build.

I only have one copy of TRS19 SP1 - the Standard build 105096. The TRS19 Gold Subscription (which you mentioned that you have) could be the other build.

It has the Content Store option so I guess so. However, the 105096 version has all the Gold DLC for download but without the nice Content Store dialog box.

Back