TRS19 Platinum - Patching from Standard

Steaming101

Local Transition Era nut
Hi;
I've recently patched my game from build 100240 to 105096 Standard. However, I've also practically just purchased Platinum Edition as I find Unified Surveyor/Driver would be highly useful for me; I tend to swap between Surveyor & Driver after even more minor edits.
Just today, I've tried to use the Online Patcher to swap over from Standard to Platinum, but no dice. My stream's set to TRS19 Platinum Edition, but it's saying there's currently no update available. What's going on? Is there a way to force Platinum through the Online Patcher? Or will I have to do a fresh installation?
Any help would be appreciated.

I have 105100 and 105096 which are essentially the same as it is permissions which give the different features.
cheers
Graeme

So does this mean that I can't update to Platinum from Standard, and therefore have to do a full new installation?

Platinum edition is not an update. It is a standalone version. It is meant to be a separate install. Consider it a brand new version much like TRS19 was a new version instead of an update to TANE.

To add more. There are features in TRS19 SP1 that are only available to monthly subscribers. For non-subscribers the only way to get those features is by purchasing the platinum edition which has all the features activated regardless of your subscription or non-subscription status. Consider it TRS19.5 if you want.

William

Last edited:
I am considering getting the platinum edition but already have the North American version. I have downloaded tons of stuff and was wondering if I can move them from my current version to the platinum with little hassle. Thank you, Danny

I am considering getting the platinum edition but already have the North American version. I have downloaded tons of stuff and was wondering if I can move them from my current version to the platinum with little hassle. Thank you, Danny

Just change the user data folder pointer in plat.

Cheerio John

Trainz settings on the splash screen

Install tab.

Follow the instructions.

Basically start the old one up and find your userdata then copy it to the clip board. Then start the new one up and paste the location of the old user data folder then it knows to use your existing assets or at least that is the theory.

Cheerio John

Careful, If you intend using both installs you can not use the same userdata with both. If you use the old one with platinum you will break your original install, separate installs require separate userdata folders.

Careful, If you intend using both installs you can not use the same userdata with both. If you use the old one with platinum you will break your original install, separate installs require separate userdata folders.

So how do I get rid of the old TS19 installation? I'm not particularly the expert in this.

Thanks John

So once I get the platinum version installed after directing the userdata to my current version manually delete the North American version? Sorry guys if I am a pain but I am better at saving lives than computer stuff. :hehe:

I would keep the old version until you are happy with the new one. Open your old version and select trainz settings/install. Find the folder at the end of the path shown (build subngyv12 for example) and copy it. Now do the same with you new version but delete the build folder and paste your copy. You now need to direct the install to that folders name. Do a DBR to install all the content into the new database.

You cant take routes back to an earlier version of TRS19 from Platinum.

Sorry for the delay been really busy. I did get the platinum version and did what you said and it worked great, thank you for that! Once I get happy with the platinum how do I disable the North American version so I don't have any conflicts in the future. Thanks again stagecoach!

Back