Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts For Our Australian Friends

Default Thoughts For Our Australian Friends

Reading on the news about the high temperatures and bush fires it seems currently raging throughout Australia.

Keep safe and here's hoping things can be brought under control as quickly as possible.
    TRS 2019 Coach Class (Former Customer)

Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    Reading on the news about the high temperatures and bush fires it seems currently raging throughout Australia.

Keep safe and here's hoping things can be brought under control as quickly as possible.

Thanks for the kind thoughts mate. As a result of those bush-fires there are many people today in Australia, now without their homes and belongings. Unfortunately, some have lost their lives.

Our Fire-fighters can only do what they can, so we are all hoping that our Prime Minister will bring in the armed forces to also assist in the fire-fighting.

Best wishes for the New Year.
    Roy

Looks horrendous, almost apocalyptic.
    Best wishes to our Aussie friends, stay safe and hope things get a bit easier.
    Malc

As someone in the Northern California fire zone who has been on evacuation warning several times and has been evacuated once, not knowing if my home would still be standing when I returned, I can sympathize with our friends down south.

I know that during both this year's fire season and year before last's fire season firefighters from Australia were here to help us and, although I have not heard, I hope our firefighters are there for them.

Stay safe, evacuate when told to.
    Dear Oklahoma,
    Thank you for sending us all your intelligent women.
    With Love,
    California.

Our (BBC) news today has been dominated by the story. In one case the population and visitors from one holiday resort have taken to the beach since they are surrounded on the other sides by the fire.

The pictures and videos show little but red, red and more red give some indication of the situation.

I hope that the Royal Navy (UK) are able to come in and offer a little help, it's a pity we don't have an Aircraft carrier available to help - Carrier crews have drilled for such operations and for a short time the are HMS Hotel. But I do hope that some of the 'smaller craft' will be going full steam ahead to help.

Fingers crossed for all that are affected by the fires. I hope that they remain safe and that they are able to return to some sort of normal life soon.

Chris M

As one who has fought forest fires in the past, my heart goes out to everyone affected, as well as the crews doing the fighting. They seem to be much worse nowadays than they were in my day. Best wishes for the New Year!

Wishing all in Oz a safe New Year.
    Graham,

A member of TCWW

From the photos on line it looks to be an absolute hell on earth.
    Narcolepsy is not napping.

Wow! Just saw the NBC news here in the states, and they are calling it apocalyptic. Over 100 fires around Australia. People trapped on beaches with nowhere else to go. Our prayers are with you Oz, and best wishes that this can be brought under control soon. - And praying for rain and lots of it!!!!

Thank you for your thoughts and wishes.
    Where I am we have only a small number of fires at the present time, was worse

There is an app for Apple phones Fires Near Me. Covers all states
    JackDownUnder

... wish you all the strength and health wherever you need it .. good luck ...
    grtz
    daveric

The Australian Government has already started using the military.

Quote Originally Posted by rjhowie View Post
    The Australian Government has already started using the military.

The Australian government ignored pleas from a number of ex fire chiefs to have a meeting with them before the fire season began earlier in the year ,as the ex chiefs did not think strategies were in place to tackle the intensity and ferocity of the blazes they anticipated would occur. Looks like they were correct.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-meMgCBAq50

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qXxf6mkpNY

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-11-...eting/11705330
    WARNING! The Surgeon General has determined that the use of the simulator Trainz is highly addictive,

Our NBC News here in the States reported tonight that the US Government is recommending US citizens to avoid Australia because of the fires. We have friends that traveled to Australia, but they are older and not social media types, so we are curious how they are making out. Still keeping you all in our prayers!

another 44c day here in northern adelaide and 42 near coast. fortunately its down to 25c tomorrow, but heating up again on east coast , which has been devastated.South australia cut down 75% of our woodland so we wont get such intense fires over such large areas, but East Gippsland is nothing but tall trees for many many miles, few roads and lots of isolated properties and communities, its a death trap. Well, I've never seen anything like this and Ive lived here 40 years , we have to rethink our priorities if this is the new normal .
    Last edited by dangavel; January 3rd, 2020 at 08:52 PM.
    WARNING! The Surgeon General has determined that the use of the simulator Trainz is highly addictive,