Sudden deep trenches while merging.

Guess what?.....

TANE SP4, Build 102323

Just added a new 5m grid board to an existing one and got this.

TANE-SP4-Build-102323-Fissure.jpg

Buggy as he!!. I've experienced the crevices and spikes and holes. TANE was a disaster (I just posted on the texture botch job it left me years ago - hardly fatal but a pain never the less) and TRS19 isn't a finished product now or probably ever. I don't know what SP4 will bring but probably won't meet my expectations in any case.

Wow, what a depressing post.

Bob Pearson

Wow, - I'm glad I've not struck that bug John. From what you've written it sounds like it's a real nightmare to put right.

Lucky. Keep eyes wide open for it. It occurred once in the early T:ANE days and was eliminated right away. If you see a jump while inserting a spline point, that's all that happens now at least the objects don't end up in a pile somewhere down the track.

I own both TANE and TS2019 Bob, but I never merge or build anything in them. I've stuck with using TS2012 for doing that. And yes I know TS2012 isn't perfect either, but at least it stays the same and doesn't get its problems 'updated' from time to time.
My daughter is/was a programmer and a good one too until the job burned her out. I really don't envy N3V's programmers their job in trying to make the current versions of Trainz into something stable and reliable.

I own both TANE and TS2019 Bob, but I never merge or build anything in them. I've stuck with using TS2012 for doing that. And yes I know TS2012 isn't perfect either, but at least it stays the same and doesn't get its problems 'updated' from time to time.
My daughter is/was a programmer and a good one too until the job burned her out. I really don't envy N3V's programmers their job in trying to make the current versions of Trainz into something stable and reliable.

I've had no issues merging in either version now, however, T:ANE would crash badly. TRS2019 was a bit of hit or miss, but they worked out that mess for now outside the riffs here and there.

I understand full well what happened to your daughter. This happens in the IT and high-tech industry in general. I supported up to 680 employees at Oracle before I was let go on disability. I was diagnosed with Parkinson Disease but continued to work. A combination of brain rot (just kidding) and fatigue got the better of me and I ended up losing my balance,a TIA, passing out, and just plain not keeping up with the ever increasing workload without help or compensation. In the end I was almost fired for not keeping up with all my tickets. I closed 320 tickets a month, but apparently that didn't matter because there were 50 still left in the queue. Out of those 50, 40 were ready for closing, and the other 10 were pending user contact which couldn't happen because the users were either traveling, out on vacation, or on maternity leave.

Do I miss that? Hell no! I miss the pay, but not the disrespect and overly high expectations required for a position which treated the employee as a liability as the jobs were being off-shored. Couple that with the serious disrespect for those of us left who were picking up the parts that couldn't be stripped away but needed to be done with fewer people. This is all on top of taking required tech classes to maintain skills, employee required training on insider training and sexual harassment

My daughter writes perfect beautiful code that has no errors, but of course it takes time and a lot of concentration to do that and of course bosses just want the job done yesterday and don't care about the quality even if in the long run getting it right in the first place is going to save them time and money. And yes my daughter ended up getting ill too and she is on an Invalid's benefit now. She still writes code for her own projects to keep her brain active, but she's never going to be able to work in a regular 9 to 5 job again. Keeping up with the rapid changes in tech and staying updated on new systems is something she told me is just about impossible now so she's glad to be well out of it. Yes the money was good, but in the long run I don't think it was worth it.

What you are seeing is not new. The DHR was originally built in 2006 as one map and then broken up into separate sections to allow several builders. After it was reassembled, there was a long and tedious period finding and fixing trenches and holes.

Peter

Back