Block AI Control of Junctions Faulty

Alikiwi

Apprentice Creator
The title pretty well covers it sadly. Bare (or bear if you like) in mind this is in T:ANE. I'm working on another session for the East Kentucky 3 V1.1 but this time somewhat shorted at just under 4 hours but with a few AI's 2 of which are on repeat trips taking coal to the electric plant. (Not much else you can do on this route). The problem is the route suffers from 2 bottlenecks where double trackis forced into a single track tunnel, one of which leads to the electric plant.

I (or human player) gets to the electric plant to unload, AI comes up the double track and is stopped by a red signal just prior to the single track start. Despite setting a trigger to switch HZ_30 to the right, the one that branches back to double track, the AI takes control.

Problem, setting the switch to "Prevent AI Control" does NOT work. Why even have it?
Problem, "lock switch " (as well as prevent AI control) does NOT work!!! (It does work against a human player though).

Now I seriously doubt this is a fault in the specific route, although I probably should test on another. Question, is this problem across the board, or is it just me?

Philskene wrote in a much earlier posting about controlling AI trains on single tracks, as well as passing tracks.

Hi

Try using Enhanced Interlocking Towers to control the single line sections.

Create two paths in each tower, one for each direction, and ensure that each one controls the path right through the section. I use this method on the Clovis Sub route to control all of the single line sections and have no issues with the AI. Once a train has set the path it prevents any other train grabbing the path in either direction until the first train has cleared it.

You don't have to use the EITs anywhere else on the route if you don't want to.

Regards

Brian

Oh dear, thanks for the replies. I've avoided those towers because although some say they are easy to set up, clearly they are not. I'm sure once you get used to them it becomes easier, but it seems like a massive learning curve, on top of all the others. Given all the projects I'm working on I'll have to decide whether to learn that, or avoid single track issues. Thanks.

It is possible to control single track sections using track triggers and session rules - not easy but still possible. I have gone over to using EITs which, as you noted, do have a steep learning curve. They can be easy to set up but can become quite complicated when you start adding more options and more paths. Start simple and progress as you learn.

Back