Re-Naming consists

valbridge

Rail Tragic
I have noticed that when constructing a consist i.e.forming a 12 carr passenger service it is automatically given a random consist# i.e 'consist 88' specifically seen from the map view.
My q is can this be manipulated to say 'BTN-VIC01' rather than 'consist#'? Specifically for identifying multiple consists on a route when viewed in the map.

When in map view with show consists ticked all I see is consist# this or consist # that. Even when giving the train/consist a name, it still shows consist number and not train name/number allocated to it.

Is it possible to achieve this?
Thanks,
Val.

Sorry, it just occurred to me that you are referring to just consists in Driver and not creating saved consists. I'm not sure there is a way of changing the names that show up on the mini map but I will have a look.

William

Last edited:
It does not appear to be possible but now that you mention it, I can think of a lot of operational advantages to being able to change those default names. Please make a post in the suggestion forum requesting this feature.

Very odd that they added the ability to save named consists in Driver but Driver does not use those names for the named consists in the mini maps.

William

Last edited:
It does not appear to be possible but now that you mention it, I can think of a lot of operational advantages to being able to change those default names. Please make a post in the suggestion forum requesting this feature.

Very odd that they added the ability to save named consists in Driver but Driver does not use those names for the named consists in the mini maps.

William

Yes William, actually I find it quite frustrating not only in map view when in driver but also the train name on the HUD. As you suggest I'll make a suggestion and see if it gets anywhere.

Cheers,
Val.

I have noticed that when constructing a consist i.e.forming a 12 carr passenger service it is automatically given a random consist# i.e 'consist 88' specifically seen from the map view.
My q is can this be manipulated to say 'BTN-VIC01' rather than 'consist#'? Specifically for identifying multiple consists on a route when viewed in the map.

When in map view with show consists ticked all I see is consist# this or consist # that. Even when giving the train/consist a name, it still shows consist number and not train name/number allocated to it.

Is it possible to achieve this?
Thanks,
Val.

I have to resort to making a spreadsheet for this purpose.

Back