TRS19 Logging Route

bvmetry

I'm trying to create a logging route and trying to find out how to load and unload logs. In my route I've installed the SawMill from TRS19 Content. I can load the lumber, but how do I unload logs? Is there a flat car with logs loaded on it that will unload at the Saw Mill? Is there another Mill that loads the logs onto an empty flat car? Is there some content that does this but not installed on TRS19?

Another question different topic
I've installed the "Sound Horn Bi-Directional" onto the track in my route, but I don't hear the horn blowing. I've tried rotating the icon in both directions and still no horn. I've also tried installing the "Auto-whistle" with the same results.

I'm new with Train, can someone help?

Loading and unloading commodities can be confusing. I had lot's of problems with it when I started. One key thing to remember. Your industry must have more commodity available than the car is wanting load. It took me one entire day to figure that one out. I learned a lot from picking a route, going into Surveyor, and seeing how the working industries were setup. This might help:

http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/...n_Interactive_Session#Configuring_an_industry

(you will find that most Tane (Trains: A New Era) info applies to TRS19 also)

1611mac, I tried what you suggested, but still no "Unload". I know it's operator error. I have the flat car and I have 6 logs (max limit) on it. It's reacting like it wants to unload but it doesn't. I can believe it's this complicated to do. The lumber side of the saw mill works perfect. If anyone has the Saw Mill up and working in TRS19, I would like to know your setup. Type of car, number of logs, etc.

I have just tried a minimum setup and sure enough it does not unload, I set all commodities to minimum and still no unload.
I'll look around for an alternative as I need a working one myself.
Found the problem, it requires 'log stack 4.2m long', a different load from previous versions.
Which is also going to need 'log-stack-.....etc' to load the logs.

Last edited:
Remembering my first steps with Trainz...
I often stayed with my companion 'Google search' and reading the manual as well as asking in different Trainz-fora.
For your problem I'd suggest search for 'philskene' or/and 'Setup Trainz industries' and the like. It helped me a lot. Especially philskene's youtube-tutorials how to setup industries and loading unloading rolling stock/cars etc. helped me really a lot!

Here are some links that might help you, although many were created for previous Trainz versions like T:ANE or TS12. But most of them are suitable for TRS19 too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjE0oOmXa7k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1JPhjKnciI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnXEYKmtoa4

Hope it helps.

For years I have operated a logging route using the excellent SlugSmasher assets. In the case of the sawmill, I recommend using it with one of the SS log dumps into a sawmill holding pond. The log input rate for the sawmill and the burn rate for the log dump can be matched to give an accurate visual impression for the sawmill operation.
Robert704
Tacoma & Eastern RR (v)

For years I have operated a logging route using the excellent SlugSmasher assets. In the case of the sawmill, I recommend using it with one of the SS log dumps into a sawmill holding pond. The log input rate for the sawmill and the burn rate for the log dump can be matched to give an accurate visual impression for the sawmill operation.
Robert704
Tacoma & Eastern RR (v)

Nice tip Robert, I have used 'Log Stack Depot' to load the logs after realising there is a load and unload track :( Never heard of that log dump system before (I am not in a forested area) so will set one up.
Tried but failed to add the log dump, it is incompatible with the logs handled by the lumber mill, pity, but I have no idea how to add 'log stack 4.2m long'.

Last edited:
Ghost --

Slugsmasher's Log Dump and Dry Sort Yard make an excellent combination, combined with the skeleton log cars by slugsmasher and David111767 that come in various lengths and gauges. All are on the Download Station.

Phil

Nice tip Robert, I have used 'Log Stack Depot' to load the logs after realizing there is a load and unload track :( Never heard of that log dump system before (I am not in a forested area) so will set one up.
Tried but failed to add the log dump, it is incompatible with the logs handled by the lumber mill, pity, but I have no idea how to add 'log stack 4.2m long'.

I made no attempt when I did this to match the logs or do a commodity transfer. I simply let both assets have their own log stores in the mill pond. Instead, after adding both assets I simply matched the log dump consumption rate with the sawmill receiving rate and dinked around with them until the log dump consumption rate plus the log train deliveries roughly equaled the sawmill consumption rate. I added enough floating logs in the mill pond to disguise the visual burn rate of the log dump.

Robert704
Tacoma & Eastern RR (v)

Back