Screenshot of The Week: December 26 to January 2 2020 (Decade In Review)

nicky9499

SSoTW Bot
Greetings.

This week's theme is Decade In Review.
It marks not just the end of a year this time, but also the end of a decade.

Perhaps just one image is too difficult to summarize so much, so for this week only, you can post two.
Show us some before after shots, or just your two most ambitious projects or breathtaking shots.
Could be something you entered a long time ago, and maybe even won with.

Whatever the challenges, let us celebrate how far Trainz has come, and toast to another 10 more years of great railroading.
See y'all in 2020.

Two screenshots allowed per entrant. Screenshots must adhere to the Trainz Forum Code of Conduct.
Submissions close on January 2.

Dang, I have so many I just want to enter, sad the limit is only 2 :(
Anyway, these should sum things up...

Midwestern Branch takeing 10 months ago during the time when it was being updated to TRS19 standards
99kurIt.jpg

Route developed during the summer of 2019 - I like how it turned out at the end:)
PF3ZSiD.jpg

Cheers

6fgNOvd.jpg

So, here is the very 1rst shot of that route coming out of Transdem and taken in TRS2009 by October 2010. This map is part of what you see in the above pic (On the very left side this is where the bridge is. On the right side where there is a large black spot, this is where the 10 doors roundhouse is. This shot would have to be rotated 90 degrees counter clockwise to match the above pic.

3zwBMxn.jpg

THIS EXTRA 3rd pic (Not to be taken in the competion) is to remind us how much we regret/miss one of the greatest creator who made possible many project/prototypical project:
Making Plans for memorable BENDORSEY who will generously create the 3D version asset for trainz which will become kuid2:210518:10613:1. (This station is not part of the scene of the main screenshot)

AW2Eohs.jpg

Last edited:
I haven't got any screenshots from ten years ago, but here's one I made in Jan 2017 in TANE SP1.

Still-awaiting-their-fate.jpg

Now nearly 3 years on, the locos have been restored and TANE SP4 has made vast improvements on SP1.
Typical of me though, the route is still a WIP :hehe:

Today..restored locos and a lick of paint on the wagons.
3-Years-Later.jpg

... decade of progress ...

highland valley : TS09 - 037625 by ceebee vs TS19 - 105096 by scratchy

highland-valley-TS09-vs-TS19.jpg

highland-valley-TS09-vs-TS19.jpg

Half a decade ago, I set out to build a new route through the mountains to the Pacific. Armed with plenty of coffee and the occasional single malt, work began on laying track, building bridges, and blasting tunnels. Through freezing cold and sweltering heat, I toiled. It was back breaking work (till I found a better chair). Bouts of Carpel Tunnel slowed construction from time to time but I persevered.
2019-12-28-125224.jpg

Today, trains from all Canadian roads share the Prairie To Pacific Route. No government funding was required except for my monthly pension.

2019-12-28-131031.jpg

Thanks to N3V, all the content contributors, and viewers like you. Happy New Year everyone!
Casey

Last edited:
I have been letting the ole imagination do it's thing for half a decade and this route is the result - thanks N3V :)

I began building this route shortly after T:ANE was officially released in 2015. It became my passion to continue with a post apocolypse theme and to then include an additional backstory by merging a baseboard of another theme that was made during the beta testing of T:ANE to gel the story. When TRS19 was released the route was transferred over and the replacement of the majority of textures with the new pbr ones began. Although there was a lot of trial and error with the replacements, the route slowly began to come to life and feel once again what I was trying to achieve.

The TANE screenshot has been a favourite of mine for a few years now and is often used as my desktop theme.

Both screenshots are taken at the same place and the time in-game is around 9.00 am. The month in T:ANE is June, the month in TRS19 is December.

T:ANE

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

TRS19

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

A Decade of Posting (very nearly).

Thanks to all present (& past) I have won (or Co-won) 27 Screenshot Competitions between 28th March 2012 and the present. The following are the first one I won and the second is the most recent one I won.

Comet and 'Copter at the Falls (02-Dec-2013-to-09-Dec-2013)
Comet_and_'Copter_at_the_Falls_01.jpg

No Murders on it Today! (June-6-to-June-13-2019)
2018-10-26%20020820.jpg

Thanks all!

Peter.

Image 1: My fictional route, the UP Iroyas Subdivision, when I was just beginning work on it on January 3, 2018.
Image 2: The same route nearly complete after five months of work, on June 11, 2018.
[FONT=&quot]
N0PhiKP.jpg

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
nGsKd7P.jpg
[/FONT]

Hi Nicky, sorry to post this here but your box is full so here are some suggestion you might want to use for the next threads. Some have probably ever been used in the past...I don't have a recorded file of them.
1- train movie scene (reproduction of a train scene we have seen in a movie)
2- Cartoon
3- caboose
4- Alco or smoky diesel
5- Early diesel
6-End of steam era
7- Working on the railroad

Last edited:
Hi Nicky, sorry to post this here but your box is full so here are some suggestion you might want to use for the next threads. Some have probably ever been used in the past...I don't have a recorded file of them.
1- train movie scene (reproduction of a train scene we have seen in a movie)
2- Cartoon
3- caboose
4- Alco
5- Early diesel
6-End of steam era
7- Working on the railroad
Can't forget night time! lol

Hehe, had to look up what you meant by BR pre-grouping scenes, as I'm sure you did for Caboose or alco. Perhaps early diesel (plus I'll add modern diesel in there too) might work better for Alco. For Caboose, perhaps specialty cars (or carriages if you prefer) might work better as well.

After the second half of 2011, as my windows crashed, i've had to do a large fictional route but with a poor quality. Now, thanks to the Youtube videos, but mainly to all the screenshots available from the community, I have improved my skills as a route builder, and they served me as an inspiration to do a more serious route (also fictional).

unname10.jpg

2019-115.jpg

Thank you for the theme suggestions Pete.

Submissions are now closed. There are 11 entries so please vote for 2. Voting ends January 9; please post your votes below.

Back