Looking for a concrete gutter

nicke

Appreciative Trainzer
I've been looking on the DLS for a concrete gutter (open drain) that runs at the base of a hill or embankment beside the track/s.
In Australia they are used to gather water running off the hill or embankment - and I'm sure I've seen them elsewhere.

I'm wondering if anyone has seen such an item on the DLS (or third party site).
I would appreciate any help I could get.
Thanks - hope you are enjoying the Holidays.
Cheers
NickE

Roy3b3 made a set fo drives and paths - on the DLS. I think kerbs and gutters are part of the set
Graeme

Yes he did, but that is nothing like what he is asking for, and I know exactly what Nicke means. Unfortunately I'm not aware of anything that suits, so hopefully someone else may be wiser?

view_media_post
Thanks for your replies Graeme and Alikiwi.
At the time of my original post I went through hundreds if Google images looking for a picture of what I'm asking about.
Today - looking at an excellent "driver's view" video of the Carlingford branch line in Sydney I found one opposite the platform at Carlingford.
These gutters (or open drain) are used a lot on railways and also beside highways where water runs towards the line or road - so I was a bit lost when I couldn't find one on the DLS.

So hopefully showing this picture will raise other people's interest in having such a gutter available - and I for one would be very grateful if a spline creator would consider knocking one up at some point.

Cheers and happy New Year!!

view_media_post
Gutter-beside-the-line-at-Carlingford-Station-Aus.jpg

view_media_post
Thanks for your replies Graeme and Alikiwi.
At the time of my original post I went through hundreds if Google images looking for a picture of what I'm asking about.
Today - looking at an excellent "driver's view" video of the Carlingford branch line in Sydney I found one opposite the platform at Carlingford.
These gutters (or open drain) are used a lot on railways and also beside highways where water runs towards the line or road - so I was a bit lost when I couldn't find one on the DLS.

So hopefully showing this picture will raise other people's interest in having such a gutter available - and I for one would be very grateful if a spline creator would consider knocking one up at some point.

Cheers and happy New Year!!

view_media_post
Gutter-beside-the-line-at-Carlingford-Station-Aus.jpg

I don't know if this may be suitable for what you need, but I knocked up this open gutter spline today. I'll upload it to the DLS and it should be available in a day or so. Trying to get a reasonable looking grassy texture that doesn't seem like it's washed out is always a toss-up, when uploaded. You may need to fiddle with the height adjustment to fit in with whatever track you might be using.

open-gutter.jpg

It's been approved and will be on the DLS in 24 hours. The kuid number is ,... AUS Open Gutter Spline <KUID2:508637:22514:1>
Cheers,
Roy

Last edited:
Roy - thank you sincerely for this. I really appreciate it.
Getting textures right in TRS19 is such a challenge.
Looks fine.

While I've got your attention, many of your other assets including shops, footpaths, driveways, fences etc have really made a difference to my fictional Tasmanian route.
Again, thank you for your generosity.
(Just waiting for you to upload the terrace houses you showed us a couple of moths ago).
Way back when you started I was really impressed with your wharves around Sydney Harbour (very high poly count if I remember).
You must be satisfied with the progress you have made and the results achieved with your routes.
Thanks for sharing the screenshots with us. I find them very inspirational and encouraging.

All the best for 2020
and again - Thanks.
Cheers
Nick

Roy - thank you sincerely for this. I really appreciate it.

(Just waiting for you to upload the terrace houses you showed us a couple of moths ago).
All the best for 2020
and again - Thanks.
Cheers
Nick

Many thanks for the kind words Nick.

The reason why I haven't uploaded them to the DLS is because they each need some tidying up to do. Some textures are too light and the terraces really are only suitable for background situations and not for trackside views.

I'll do a little more research and see what I can come up with.

Cheers for the New Year,
Roy

Bravo Roy, I've just seen this and grabbed it. What I also like is the grass texture on the edges, as this helps hide it when you can't raise the ground to bury the edge, without burying track or road next to it.

Thanks Just downloaded this .will come in handy
Just wondering is it possible to create another but full concrete texture or a touch of gravel without grass ?

Thanks Just downloaded this .will come in handy
Just wondering is it possible to create another but full concrete texture or a touch of gravel without grass ?

In Trainz, everything is possible. For me, time happens to be a slight problem. We are downsizing on properties right now and most of our time is spent with real estate agents and a conveyancer, as well as trips to the tip.

I'll keep it in mind and who knows, magic can happen.

Cheers,
Roy

Back