ASUS Com Service, safe to disable/remove?

euromodeller

Imagineer
I frequently look in Win10 Task Manager just to see what's happening.
Today I noticed a process named ASOS Com Service (32 Bit) which I had not noticed previously.

A quick check of the web revealed a few items about it but I failed to get a definitive answer about keep/delete/disable.

There are one or two members here who are "in the know" about such matters, so I would like their opinion please.

I have an ASUS TUF Z370-Plus Gaming mainboard and an ASUS Phoenix GTX1660Ti OC Graphics Card.

I've also noticed "ArmourySocketServer" which I think is also ASUS related.

Last edited:
With the ASUS MB and GPU, I believe that you are going to have to let that run. It should not be using much memory though. How much do you see it using? What happens if you reboot: does memory usage go down?

Belongs to ASUS AI suite, if you don't use it then uninstall it.

AI Suite includes these:

ASUS Com Service
Asus System Control Service
ASIS Update service (Asus)
AsusFanControlService
Asus Update Service (AsusM)

If you do not use the AI Suite and uninstalled it, these services often can get left behind so disable then from starting.

Other than that they are harmless.

This service and AI suite has had problems off and one with high CPU usage.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-78116.html

If you are not using the software for anything, disable the serve.

Dell has a similar thing with Alienware machines which wreaked havoc for about 10 versions before they got it to work sort of the right way, but most of the time it sucks the life out of what would be decent laptops.

Been like that since around 2011 if I remember correctly, I never install the AI Suite anyway. Supposed to be an easy way to install updates as well as tweaking things and updating the bios, I do that from the bios using a Thumb Drive.

Been like that since around 2011 if I remember correctly, I never install the AI Suite anyway. Supposed to be an easy way to install updates as well as tweaking things and updating the bios, I do that from the bios using a Thumb Drive.

I did the same with my Alienware Laptop. Their software would fail to install the updates due to some unknown error and I ended up going out to Dell's website and did a manual update. It was not only faster, but the machine also runs faster without that extra thing running and eating up resources.

I remember that issue with the ASUS machines back at least to 2011.

Back