Thread: DONNER PASS screenshots

Hi Horace,
    I see that you know the area well ....
    You will know this monument for sure!

**I stay at home !**
    Sebino Lake TRS19route builder
    DONNER PASS TRS19 wip
    West from Denver TRS19 wip

That looks like the monument to the Donner party - a group of unfortunates that tried to get through the Sierras but started a little late. This are of the Sierras is known for dropping up to 8 feet of snow (or more) at a time. They got trapped and were freezing starving to death, resorting (I think) to cannibalism before a rescue party could get to them. The pass is named for them. Yikes, they should have picked a better guide!

The big lake i(in the distance) is Donner lake. The 4-lane highway on the right is Interstate-80. Further to the right (off screen) is the beginning of Truckee.

If one follows the track in the first shot to the left, I believe it crosses above the highway (sorry, can't remember the road's name, but I haven't been there for 24 years) that leads south to Lake Tahoe (passing Squaw Valley USA - yeah! and Alpine Meadows on the way) on a stone arch-bridge.

the names of the distant mountains escapes me. I believe the main lift at Sugar Bowl went to the top of the distant mountain in the center of the first shot.

I skied a lot in those mountains from '91-'96.

HF

Environment testing...

Sebino Lake TRS19route builder
    DONNER PASS TRS19 wip
    West from Denver TRS19 wip

Dang! I did not think I wanted to part with 50 euros before, but now I think I am going to have to part with whatever, for this! It is a masterpiece! Do you have the "trench" through Reno? That should be interesting....
    “We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.” - R.L.S.

Blog Entries

Hope my Gold Membership is still valid, looks awesome!

Make train simulators great again #MTSGA obiter dictum

Looking great as usual Jango . Unfortunately I can’t take advantage of the turf fx effects on the Mac , will have to run this on my pc laptop, I suspect like Horace’s route the 1660ti even with 6gb will probably only run it on low settings
    WARNING! The Surgeon General has determined that the use of the simulator Trainz is highly addictive,

Amazing work Jango !!!

Very interesting landscape , and the town in the background seems to be a must !!!

Friendly, Marc

Awesome detailing Jango, fantastic work. Spent plenty of time on Sherman Hill, this should be special, can't wait.
    cheers
    Graeme

Wow! More amazing shots there Jango. Looking forward to the release