Legacy of the BN

Mimes

Dear Jointed Rail Ladies & Gentlemen,

A quick question hopefully simple to answer. I am thinking of buying Legacy of the BN during this Christmas sale at JR Website. I have all Trainz releases, inc. T:ANE Deluxe and most (whatever is available) of JR N3V shop DLC, including Legacy of the Burlington Northern v2. I still run TS12 on occasions.

There are 3 items for sale on the JR Website:

1, Legacy of the BN Content Pack (TS12)
2, Legacy of the BN for T:ANE Deluxe Version (Section 1)
3, Legacy of the BN II

I seem not to have Legacy of the Burlington Northern for TS12. In order to run this route in TS12, TAN:E and in TRS19 - when supported - do I need pack #1 and #3, or do I need all 3? Is the pack #2 for T:ANE Deluxe "incorporated" into #3, Legacy of the BN v2? Is the pack #3 the same as what I have from the N3V shop?

Thank you kindly for your help.
Mimes

These are standalone routes.

I highly recommend BN v2 and from Jointed Rail not from N3V. The reason is with the Jointed Rail version you can modify the route however you wish to including merging with other routes should you desire. The DLC-version only allows route and session modification, but no route merging.

The TS12 content pack is locomotives and rolling stock. The assets will work in T:ANE and up fine.

These are standalone routes.

I highly recommend BN v2 and from Jointed Rail not from N3V. The reason is with the Jointed Rail version you can modify the route however you wish to including merging with other routes should you desire. The DLC-version only allows route and session modification, but no route merging.

The TS12 content pack is locomotives and rolling stock. The assets will work in T:ANE and up fine.

Hello John,

Thank you so much for your input. I will get the lot :) from JR. I have been using their free stuff for so long they do deserve support, just their Website is such a bundle of resources.

Kind regards, Mimes

Update:

I got all JR premium routes, expansion packs, some premium add-on packs, rolling stock and locomotives, on borrowed money. If my Mrs new, I would be killed, resurrected, then killed again. I hope it will be worth it, or better still, if she does not find out. :) I am downloading all the goodies now, will report here.

Kind regards, Mimes

Update:

I got all JR premium routes, expansion packs, some premium add-on packs, rolling stock and locomotives, on borrowed money. If my Mrs new, I would be killed, resurrected, then killed again. I hope it will be worth it, or better still, if she does not find out. :) I am downloading all the goodies now, will report here.

Kind regards, Mimes

Have fun. I promise I won't tell!

Another Trainzer runs into this all the time with his missus. He and I were working on a non-Trainz project in his garage that required pictures. We were sitting on his deck transferring the pictures of the parts that required replacing from my digital camera to his laptop. His wife walked by and said, oh you guys are playing with Trainz again in an annoyed voice, huffed, and then walked away!

Update:

Kind regards, Mimes

Haha, I think we've all been there :hehe:

Most of the things down now, downloading last bits of the club thingy items. Also saw the hack and slash my Mrs gave to our Visa CC over Christmas so I may be relatively OK even if she found out :)

Next stage install of JR routes, cannot wait.

Kind regards, Mimes

Most of the things down now, downloading last bits of the club thingy items. Also saw the hack and slash my Mrs gave to our Visa CC over Christmas so I may be relatively OK even if she found out :)

Next stage install of JR routes, cannot wait.

Kind regards, Mimes

That's awesome! You'll enjoy the route immensely.

I took this route and merged it into BNSF1, which I already purchased previously. That was fun driving and fiddling with. Then I got Scratchy's Eagle River... Hmm... a nice merger took place as I merged that into the other two creating what I call the Northern Pacific Lines. With constant mainline traffic across the Cascades and into eastern Washington and Oregon, along with lumber traffic out of Eagle River, I can busy myself for hours on end running this setup.

Can you still get the first Legacy of the BN route or is only II available? That’s the problem when you share a credit card with somebody, and they don’t like you buying things behind your back. A solution would be to buy a gift card and only you would know about the purchase, but you would need access to cash without the other person knowing. And most gift cards won’t work for merchants outside the US, so you couldn’t use it for anything by N3V because they are in Australia.

I'll second the question by RWK. I have 2 and 3, but not the original. I would like to see about getting the original.

That is standard Op for JR on some routes, but looking on JR, I see Legacy of the BN for T:ANE Deluxe version for $39.99 USD. It says Part 1, and doesn't say specifically but I am guessing it contains the content pack from TS12? It also lists that separately. But I don't see a listing for Legacy I other than the T:ANE version mentioned.

John, this asset: <kuid:495739:100076> Legacy of the Burlington Northern v3 Multiplayer I have as version 4.6 Installed Payware by thechcuky. It was uploaded in 05-May-2019. I don't really remember buying it, and I don't see it at either JR or The Trainz Store. Looks like it may be some multiplayer version of Legacy II :
privileges
{
is-payware-content <kuid2:506034:100013:2> (This is the KUID for Legacy II)
}
Maybe it was one of those downloads that requires having the Legacy II route to work?

Last edited:
That is standard Op for JR on some routes, but looking on JR, I see Legacy of the BN for T:ANE Deluxe version for $39.99 USD. It says Part 1, and doesn't say specifically but I am guessing it contains the content pack from TS12? It also lists that separately. But I don't see a listing for Legacy I other than the T:ANE version mentioned.

John, this asset: <kuid:495739:100076> Legacy of the Burlington Northern v3 Multiplayer I have as version 4.6 Installed Payware by thechcuky. It was uploaded in 05-May-2019. I don't really remember buying it, and I don't see it at either JR or The Trainz Store. Looks like it may be some multiplayer version of Legacy II :
privileges
{
is-payware-content <kuid2:506034:100013:2> (This is the KUID for Legacy II)
}
Maybe it was one of those downloads that requires having the Legacy II route to work?

That makes sense now. The "v3" is the version number for that multiplayer route and not the one for a version 3 of a new route.

JR was working on a Legacy of the BN 3 but that was never released. I remember seeing screenshots of it but like many projects it got put to the wayside as other projects came along. When I saw the name, I got my hopes up.

Alex has been working on a variety of things and unfortunately alot has taken a back burner and he is working on what he can when he can. The fact hes able to do anything being in a warzone is a plus and were not going to push it, all we can do is help him and his family get thru it all first, trainz stuff second.

Alex has been working on a variety of things and unfortunately alot has taken a back burner and he is working on what he can when he can. The fact hes able to do anything being in a warzone is a plus and were not going to push it, all we can do is help him and his family get thru it all first, trainz stuff second.

Hope Alex is doing well, and best wishes from myself.

Back