Tutorial: Understanding BI3 Industry Tracks

Hi Bob,

Well, the short answer is YES to everything EXCEPT the TRS 19 bld # is different.
Right now I have a tanker on the BI3 in game and it is sitting there FULL, run back and forth or stopped.....no joy.
I notice that you used "Items" instead of "Liters", is there a reason ??

Dave

One small question: For years I have been configuring Industry tracks with no problems. But in the example you give above, you set first Queues, then Products and then Tracks. Is this the proper way? Normally I set Queues, then Tracks and then if needed Process. Product I leave as a default or set as needed. The only problem I have with M.I.N.'s is that some of these (with green arrows) can't accept more than 4 commodities. I know yours is a new asset, but with your in-depth knowledge you may be able to clarify these matters.

As a minimum only Queues and Tracks are really required if all you want to do is either pickup or drop off a product load. The Products tab is really optional but does help you to set up and configure the load correctly to the car type you intend to use. The Process tab is for those who want to set up and use inputs and outputs to simulate an industry that takes an incoming product and then uses that to create an output product. An example would be for a coal fired power plant that takes an input coal product and then produces an output ash product.

Bob

Hi Bob,

Well, the short answer is YES to everything EXCEPT the TRS 19 bld # is different.
Right now I have a tanker on the BI3 in game and it is sitting there FULL, run back and forth or stopped.....no joy.
I notice that you used "Items" instead of "Liters", is there a reason ??

Dave

Dave:

Can you try the same tanker car I used in the test and see if you get the same result?

The original M.I.N. script code does things a bit differently then many of us are used to with rail car load configuring. An example would be the tanker car I used in my test. The maximum load size parameter is set to 37,000. In Trainz terms what this means is not clear (ie; gallons, liters, tons, etc) but to me it means gallons which is the normal amount type for a U.S. tanker car. To someone else it might mean liters. In any case this all comes down to individual item amounts so if you loaded the car full, it would be for 37,000 items (ie; gallons). Does this make sense? The original M.I.N. code does conversions of amounts of one type to another. I find that confusing sometimes so stay with the original intent of items. Of course you don't have to do that if you don't want to, but it does keeps things clear. For a lot more on this see:

http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/"Queues"_container

Bob

Hi Bob,

Yes, I used the same 3 dome tanker and I also tired an ADM Corn Oil tanker,( of course I changed the product to match each one) neither worked correctly.
I'm beginning to think it has something to do with the latest build messing with your script.

Dave

Hi Bob,

He hehe, know I'm totally cornfused!!!
I just ran a test on the "Content Samples Route" and guess what?
Both cars worked perfectly!!!
However, I did only set up the Queues and tracks, not products........

Just ran a test at Edison and NOT setting up the products tab appears to be the key, the ADM tanker emptied just fine!!!

Dave

Bob,

I'm left with only one conclusion.....I'm NOT a intelligent as I thought I was,:confused:.

A big Thanks for your help AND patience !!

Dave

Bob,

I'm left with only one conclusion.....I'm NOT a intelligent as I thought I was,:confused:.

A big Thanks for your help AND patience !!

Dave

I am just glad you were able to get it working correctly. I did a lot of testing prior to release of the new SAP BI3 industry tracks for TRS19 and everything worked correctly every time.

Bob

I thought I would try a session also but cannot find any B13 objects anywhere, are they still there or not available to my standard TRS19?
Then again, having noticed what is out there I must get away from my diet of coal and logs for a change :)

I thought I would try a session also but cannot find any B13 objects anywhere, are they still there or not available to my standard TRS19?
Then again, having noticed what is out there I must get away from my diet of coal and logs for a change :)

It's not B13, its BI3 (phonetically Bravo India 3) which may explain why you cannot find them on the DLS.

Bob

It's not B13, its BI3 (phonetically Bravo India 3) which may explain why you cannot find them on the DLS.

Bob

A quick reach over with the cursor and I have them!
And a quick one about quantities, I have found that the description tonnes, liters etc need to match consist - industry.
And also thanks for the work being put in for us less talented Trainzers.
Ex-sapper (R.E.)

Hi Bob,

Thanks for creating BI3, and indeed all of your excellent content on the DLS.

I am slowly getting up to speed on TSR2019 and am primarily using it to design and test Model Railroad Track Plans. As such your Industries, Loads and Structures play a large role and, as I learn more about PBR etc., I am leaning more towards your textures and track too.

The shorter BI3 track segments and precise Trigger point make them far more suitable for Model Railroad type applications than the previous assets, but I do have a special request if I may.

I have looked through your extensive list of Industry Types and associated Tutorials but there is still one "Industry type" that alludes me. I put that in inverted comma's as it is not a real world Industry but more a concept. I am looking for a "Wild Card" industry that consumes "All" Loads.

The reason being that in Model Railroad operations Cars are often loaded at an online industry and then routed to a hidden staging yard. Once in staging they are then reassigned by the next waybill or switch list and routed on as an empty car or as a different load.

I am aware that Trainz uses Portals for such but as portals have a tendency to break scripted operations, such as CMTM, nor do not fit in with the concept of Testing a Model Railroad Track Plan and its Operations Design goals, or when testing Paper based "Carcard/waybill" or computer generated Switch list operating sessions.

Would it be possible to build such a "Wild Card" industry track or could you point me in the correct direction?

Cheers
Chris

Hi Bob,

Thanks for creating BI3, and indeed all of your excellent content on the DLS.

I am slowly getting up to speed on TSR2019 and am primarily using it to design and test Model Railroad Track Plans. As such your Industries, Loads and Structures play a large role and, as I learn more about PBR etc., I am leaning more towards your textures and track too.

The shorter BI3 track segments and precise Trigger point make them far more suitable for Model Railroad type applications than the previous assets, but I do have a special request if I may.

I have looked through your extensive list of Industry Types and associated Tutorials but there is still one "Industry type" that alludes me. I put that in inverted comma's as it is not a real world Industry but more a concept. I am looking for a "Wild Card" industry that consumes "All" Loads.

The reason being that in Model Railroad operations Cars are often loaded at an online industry and then routed to a hidden staging yard. Once in staging they are then reassigned by the next waybill or switch list and routed on as an empty car or as a different load.

I am aware that Trainz uses Portals for such but as portals have a tendency to break scripted operations, such as CMTM, nor do not fit in with the concept of Testing a Model Railroad Track Plan and its Operations Design goals, or when testing Paper based "Carcard/waybill" or computer generated Switch list operating sessions.

Would it be possible to build such a "Wild Card" industry track or could you point me in the correct direction?

Cheers
Chris

Chris:

Such a project, assuming I could figure out how to do it, would most likely NOT be a BI3 Industry. BI3 industries are designed to handle a variety of products and not just one. This would probably be more along the lines of something like my <kuid:439337:104405> Wheat_Unloader_Interactive_with_effects. I am not sure how you would do it though and I would have to research this. Unfortunately I am currently backlogged with over two years of projects that need to be done and really have no time to take this new one on.

Bob

Industries have queue's, they need to be defined. I make a MIN <kuid2:647907:100648:2> CDE Multiple_Industry_New and the script works like most other industries.

I think what you are looking for is more like a trigger, that when 'hit', stops the train and unloads everything. What it does with the unloaded cargo? I guess it just dissapears.

I don't know if there is such a thing yet, but this gives me an idea..

Last edited:
Industries have queue's, they need to be defined. I make a MIN <kuid2:647907:100648:2> CDE Multiple_Industry_New and the script works like most other industries.

I think what you are looking for is more like a trigger, that when 'hit', stops the train and unloads everything. What it does with the unloaded cargo? I guess it just dissapears.

I don't know if there is such a thing yet, but this gives me an idea..

I seem to remember that there was a driver rule out there that unloaded all rolling stock of an entire train when triggered. Perhaps that could be modified or adapted for use.

Bob

Thanks Guys,

There is no need for special effects or animations, more a reset of the load status to empty.
A script attached to a trigger sounds good, I just haven't got round to using triggers yet as I am still learning the basics of surveyor and playing the "find the unknown KUID" game.
I am up to speed on laying track and running trains, but have a lot to learn about route creation with contours and ceanary so scripting may be a long time off.

I am glad that my request provided food for thought though and would be thrilled if you did create a solution.

Cheers
Chris

Hi. I have been having problems with the BI2 and BI3 loaders. Problem is they dont work anymore. I have been away from Trainz for a few years and this is what I come back too. None working game so to speak. Well the loaders. even the buildings that have the bi3 tracks by them. Some of them yes but most do not. I tried the BI3_small_freight_house. simple general cargo the train went in stopped in many places around it and just didnt get loaded or unloaded.

This is a game breaker for me. it doesn't seam to work as it should any more. this is even true with trs 2022. I also want to add that some bi3's wont even allow you to edit the quantities or they at least do not show in the load bar above the track

Last edited:
Hi. I have been having problems with the BI2 and BI3 loaders. Problem is they dont work anymore. I have been away from Trainz for a few years and this is what I come back too. None working game so to speak. Well the loaders. even the buildings that have the bi3 tracks by them. Some of them yes but most do not. I tried the BI3_small_freight_house. simple general cargo the train went in stopped in many places around it and just didnt get loaded or unloaded.

This is a game breaker for me. it doesn't seam to work as it should any more. this is even true with trs 2022. I also want to add that some bi3's wont even allow you to edit the quantities or they at least do not show in the load bar above the track

I have no "BI3_Small_Freight_House". I do have a SAP_Small_Freight_House as one of my content items. It is not based on a BI3 industry track however.

Questions:

1. Did you configure BOTH the industry track AND the rail car for the same load? Unless you do this the rail car will NOT load or unload.

2. Are you attempting to do the load/unload with an AI driven locomotive or are you do this yourself?

3. What is the build number for your TRS19 installation? I am using the latest publicly released one which is 114800.

FYI I have not seen any problems with my load/unload tracks, nor have any been reported to me, except for your post. My BI3 industry tracks are in a large number of routes, including all my TRS19 based routes. Please note that I am not saying that you are having problems here, but that I have not seen them myself so far.

Bob

Back