Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Switch points not moving SP1

Default Switch points not moving SP1

Points blade not moving when you click on the red or green arrows trs19 sp1.

Blog Entries

A few questions.

1. Which version of TRS19 do you have? (TRS19 SP1 or TRS19 SP1 Platinum)
    2. Are you attempting to switch the points in Surveyor or Driver?
    3. Is the track ProTrack? Its kuid would help here.

Points constructed using Protrack assets are working fine in Driver in my version of TRS19 SP1 (build 105096). Non Protrack assets do not have animated switch blades and the Protrack animation only shows in Driver, not Surveyor (but it may in TRS19 Platinum and Trainz Plus Surveyor but as I don't have those I cannot check).
    TRS19 Platinum Edition build 111951

Confirmed, Im running version 105096 and same here, no switch point animation in any of the Pro Tracks!?? after update...

You are correct pware, they do indeed animate in Driver. ( I've just checked..) but they don't in surveyor anymore. They used to show animation in surveyor as well as driver in the pre SP1 update.
    The way surveyor works has been changed in this update, as also a few other things dont work the way they used too.. eg... Extrainz ManagerV2 dose'nt work in surveyor anymore but it works fine once you change to driver.
    Must have changed the way scripts are read, probably to do with this ability to drive and edit in same mode which the plus versions are getting??

Version TRS19 SP1. switching points in surveyor.using trs19 protrack.

Thanks mackie...I'll try that on my route, see if I get the same result.

Non of my Pro tracks are animation in surveyor..!? Can't be a memory issue as even tried it on a test single base board, no animation until I move to driver mode.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ouggie View Post
    they do indeed animate in Driver. ( I've just checked..) but they don't in surveyor anymore. They used to show animation in surveyor as well as driver in the pre SP1 update.
    The way surveyor works has been changed in this update, as also a few other things dont work the way they used too.?
    Yes, I have noticed a few things that work differently in the update. One thing I reported as a bug in the SP1 beta but was assured that this was a necessary change for the Unified Driver Surveyor interface. Despite TRS19 SP1 (Classic) not having the UDS it shares the same code as TRS19 Platinum and Trainz Plus.

Yes I have TRS19 bulid 105096 UK Region edition. Neither switches nor traffic operate as they did before update. So what am I to think at this? Is it normal behaviour for this latest build?

Traffic stops, point switches in pro track do not animate. Both in Surveyor. If this is the new norm its going to take some time to get used to it.
    Creator of Blue Mountains Line > Southern Region - Brighton Line > LB&SCR [London Brighton South Coast Railway routes.

Quote Originally Posted by mackie2070 View Post
    Points blade not moving when you click on the red or green arrows trs19 sp1.
    Top left - click the tool icon, and uncheck "Pause"

Works here 105096 and 105100
    Last edited by JanRasmussen; December 23rd, 2019 at 06:12 AM.
    Trainz user since May 2003
    * Intel i7-6700K 4GHz * Nvidia GTX 980Ti * 32GB Ram * Samsung SSD *

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JanRasmussen View Post
    Top left - click the tool icon, and uncheck "Pause"

Works here 105096 and 105100
    It turns out that he is actually referring to Surveyor mode, not Driver mode. While the Platinum version of TRS19 has a Pause command in Surveyor, which I believe stops animations, the standard TRS19 version does not.

Hmmm - maybe because i have "Plus"

But i have it in bouth 105096 and 105100 Surveyor. (I have not Platinum)
    Last edited by JanRasmussen; December 23rd, 2019 at 06:46 AM. Reason: Platinum

Blog Entries

I just checked and there is no Pause control in 105096 Surveyor. It is possible that both the Standard and the Platinum versions have the same build numbers (this has happened before). I have no idea what build 105100 refers to.
    Last edited by pware; December 23rd, 2019 at 06:49 AM.

Just as you can have a "silver" or "gold" subscription, you can also have a "Trainz Plus" subscription = 105100

Maybe because I have Plus, my menus are different in my "normal" Trainz = 105096. I don't know.

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/show...-now-available

Quote Originally Posted by JanRasmussen View Post
    Just as you can have a "silver" or "gold" subscription, you can also have a "Trainz Plus" subscription = 105100

Maybe because I have Plus, my menus are different in my "normal" Trainz = 105096. I don't know.

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/show...-now-available

Yes if you have a Plus account you will get Plus features in 105096, those without Plus on 105096 have a problem with Surveyor being paused (A plus Only Feature) and no way to un-pause it. The reason why animations Carz smoke and so on are not working in surveyor. Put bluntly a cockup.

Also have 105096 and 105100.
    Last edited by clam1952; December 23rd, 2019 at 10:09 AM.
    Malc