Switch points not moving SP1

A few questions.

1. Which version of TRS19 do you have? (TRS19 SP1 or TRS19 SP1 Platinum)
  2. Are you attempting to switch the points in Surveyor or Driver?
  3. Is the track ProTrack? Its kuid would help here.

Points constructed using Protrack assets are working fine in Driver in my version of TRS19 SP1 (build 105096). Non Protrack assets do not have animated switch blades and the Protrack animation only shows in Driver, not Surveyor (but it may in TRS19 Platinum and Trainz Plus Surveyor but as I don't have those I cannot check).

Confirmed, Im running version 105096 and same here, no switch point animation in any of the Pro Tracks!?? after update...

You are correct pware, they do indeed animate in Driver. ( I've just checked..) but they don't in surveyor anymore. They used to show animation in surveyor as well as driver in the pre SP1 update.
The way surveyor works has been changed in this update, as also a few other things dont work the way they used too.. eg... Extrainz ManagerV2 dose'nt work in surveyor anymore but it works fine once you change to driver.
Must have changed the way scripts are read, probably to do with this ability to drive and edit in same mode which the plus versions are getting??

Non of my Pro tracks are animation in surveyor..!? Can't be a memory issue as even tried it on a test single base board, no animation until I move to driver mode.

they do indeed animate in Driver. ( I've just checked..) but they don't in surveyor anymore. They used to show animation in surveyor as well as driver in the pre SP1 update.
The way surveyor works has been changed in this update, as also a few other things dont work the way they used too.?

Yes, I have noticed a few things that work differently in the update. One thing I reported as a bug in the SP1 beta but was assured that this was a necessary change for the Unified Driver Surveyor interface. Despite TRS19 SP1 (Classic) not having the UDS it shares the same code as TRS19 Platinum and Trainz Plus.

Yes I have TRS19 bulid 105096 UK Region edition. Neither switches nor traffic operate as they did before update. So what am I to think at this? Is it normal behaviour for this latest build?

Traffic stops, point switches in pro track do not animate. Both in Surveyor. If this is the new norm its going to take some time to get used to it.

Top left - click the tool icon, and uncheck "Pause"

Works here 105096 and 105100

It turns out that he is actually referring to Surveyor mode, not Driver mode. While the Platinum version of TRS19 has a Pause command in Surveyor, which I believe stops animations, the standard TRS19 version does not.

Hmmm - maybe because i have "Plus"

But i have it in bouth 105096 and 105100 Surveyor. (I have not Platinum)

Last edited:
I just checked and there is no Pause control in 105096 Surveyor. It is possible that both the Standard and the Platinum versions have the same build numbers (this has happened before). I have no idea what build 105100 refers to.

Last edited:
Just as you can have a "silver" or "gold" subscription, you can also have a "Trainz Plus" subscription = 105100

Maybe because I have Plus, my menus are different in my "normal" Trainz = 105096. I don't know.

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/sho...lus-Release-Candidate-105100-is-now-available

Yes if you have a Plus account you will get Plus features in 105096, those without Plus on 105096 have a problem with Surveyor being paused (A plus Only Feature) and no way to un-pause it. The reason why animations Carz smoke and so on are not working in surveyor. Put bluntly a cockup.

Also have 105096 and 105100.

Last edited:
At least a couple of the mysteries are solved. Question now is what are N3V doing about it?

And, without stating the obvious, the pitfalls of having so many different versions/variations of the same blooming game!

An interesting post made in another thread.

Now there is a catch with TRS2019 and Plus. If you are a gold member, you will end up putting Plus features into your TRS2019. Tony mentioned this in the forums back when TRS2019 SP1 beta was first out and I was going to setup a test for that one. The reason is both versions share the same code-base and the features are turned on and off by permissions. I have another software package that does the same thing.

Other posts mentioned that the addition of the Pause function in the Plus Surveyor was at the request of beta testers to avoid problems such as locos running off the track after switching to Surveyor from Driver - see the video clip at

The cause of the problem in this thread (as well as other related problems) seems to be that the Pause function is now a part of TRS19 SP1 Standard (Classic) Edition and that there is currently no way to unPause it, as Malc mentioned in an earlier post in this thread. Possibly a simple fix (if there is such a thing) or possibly not.

My speculations.

Last edited:
Back