Downgrade to TRS19 before sp1

Hi, is there a way to downgrade to TRS19 before sp1?
Thanks.

Well I have just uninstalled the whole mess with the intention of restoring from TRS19 100240 installer. I can then manually decline the SP1 update when it prompts.

However... the possible fly in the ointment will be when default routes and DLC updates and requires the later version to run or, more relevant to route builders obsoletes the assets.

For now though I am going back to TANE. At least that is stable and has the classic Surveyor menu.

Other than if you kept a previous version installer or have a backup (recommended to keep a backup before patching) No there isn't, Routes usually gets broken when transferring to older versions although it has worked here in TRS19!

The downloadable versions from My Trainz are now the updated ones, just checked.

Having both TRS19 plus and TRS19 non plus, I still have an install of 100240 on one of my PC's, it wants to update to 105096, however I'm ignoring it for the moment, I'm betting it will acquire the Plus stuff if I update it anyway as that happened when I tried to test SP1 Beta on another 100240 install.
I have 105100 Plus on my main PC and that seems to be relatively problem free for me, leastwise I haven't found anything yet! I'm inclined to think by getting to an updated version via beta testing avoids problems caused by a large update to retail ones, just a theory.

When I saw the "Update Available", I simply clicked the Red X in the upper R of the notice, to kill the SP1 update, on the screen.

I am unsure just what file(s) are changed when the game is updated to SP1 ?

If that is the case, one could always make a separate 2nd TS19 SP1 installation, or keep all the original file(s) for revert to default backup.

How to "Roll-Back" is unknown, aside from making important back-ups, then uninstall/re-install fresh ?

Why worry take the plunge and get on with it. If you followed my thread this last few days you will see that due to my own fault i thought that I had serious issues. Well after finally completing the instal of TRS2019 SP1 Final Release everything is Hunky Dory. This incarnation is by far the best ever.
Its is time every one ceased winging and finding fault and started singing the praise of the development crew who have been and are continuing to adopt additional improvements where necessary.
Merry Christmas and a Happy new Year to all.

Why worry take the plunge and get on with it. If you followed my thread this last few days you will see that due to my own fault i thought that I had serious issues. Well after finally completing the instal of TRS2019 SP1 Final Release everything is Hunky Dory. This incarnation is by far the best ever.
Its is time every one ceased winging and finding fault and started singing the praise of the development crew who have been and are continuing to adopt additional improvements where necessary.

What an utter load of fanboy junk.

There are plenty of documented issues which are not just whinging (I corrected the spelling for you) starting with the god awful interface we have been lumbered with in Surveyor. That's without starting to look at the screen resolution downgrade, road traffic not acting correctly, the possible return of the spline detaching bug. Just read the posts from respected long established members who are finding this update anything but rosy.

I'm ignoring the SP1 'upgrade' offer on my two TS2019 installs and will likely keep on doing that for the foreseeable future. I do agree that Tony and his team have worked hard on the SP1 upgrade and I have no issue with that, but with the changes to the Surveyor menu this upgrade is no use to me and will only make things more difficult than they are already when it comes to route correction. If you want to get an idea of what life is like for me Jack get friends/family to keep you awake continuously for three days and nights and then try using the new surveyor tools to build a route.
All I want with TS2019 is a plain basic 64 bit railway simulator without any fancy bits that will reliably do the job I want it to so I can build routes and then run trains on them. And for me the bug fixes that might have been done with this upgrade don't balance out the loss of the previous version's surveyor menu.

I find a lot of potential in the new version. I know that new things are usually not accepted at the beginning. But I recommend to give it a try and get used to it, since it's actually (I think) a positive upgrade.

As I have posted in another thread, I have two computers each with the TRS19 SP1 update. Both have near identical installations (assets and DLC). One works perfectly without any errors, the other has over 70 errors, mostly DLC. DBRs and EDBRs have not solved those issues - the EDBR actually increased the number of errors.

My solution on the problem installation has been to return the Trainz database to a "clean install" (no DLC or external assets including DLS). It now has no errors. I have been reinstalling my crucial routes, session and DLS content and it now shows a handful of "unknown assets" which I hope to resolve. I am thinking of leaving this install free of DLC assets, for the time being at least.

I was happy with the TRS19 SP1 beta, happier than I was with the TRS19 build 100240, so I will stick with TRS19 build 105096. I hope that this post is not seen as an "utter load of fanboy junk".

My observations.

So far I've found SP1 to be super stable and a joy to build in. No issues with it apart from a couple of changes to UI which I've already adapted to. TRS19 has been happily running now for over 48 hours on a route I am building. Every time I come back to do a little more, it is as responsive now as it was in the first hour. I can't see any reason to roll back the update.
I may be lucky according to some, but I believe it is due to regular database maintenence. Updating out of date assets and deleting obsoletes regularly helps enormously along with database rebuilds.
Of course not everything is perfect, but it's better than it has ever been overall.
I'm no fanboy, just a realist having a positive opinion.
I'm also appalled that a "respected, long established member" would call out another member as a fanboy for having a positive opinion of the game. Sorry mate, there'll be a lump of coal in your stocking this year!
Graeme

I'm no fanboy, just a realist having a positive opinion.
I'm also appalled that a "respected, long established member" would call out another member as a fanboy for having a positive opinion of the game. Sorry mate, there'll be a lump of coal in your stocking this year!

Totally agree. Much of our politics, here as well as in the US and UK, seems to have degenerated to the level of name calling and an "us vs them" mentality. Occasionally we have seen the "fanboy" label (and worse) thrown about in these forums whenever some-one puts forward an opinion that does not express total condemnation of N3V's policies or products. This reflects badly on the name caller and, as a result, should be worn as a "badge of honour" by the recipient. That is how I gained my current forum tagline - an attempted put down by a poster who objected to my refusal to agree with their very negative point of view.

Actually it wasn't meant as a put down at all but after a while I do get sick of seeing your name in every thread where sum body has a different opinion to your party line attitude.
Mick.

Is the full list of bug fixes and improvements anywhere to have a look at? Only reason I haven't updated yet is because I'm not too sure what was broken to start with.

Actually it wasn't meant as a put down at all but after a while I do get sick of seeing your name in every thread where sum body has a different opinion to your party line attitude.

Actually, it was not you (if I can recall correctly) but the process of putting forward opposing points of view is called "free speech" - something that seems to be under threat worldwide. The day we are made to think that we should stop putting forward an honestly held opinion because someone won't like it will be a sad day indeed. As you have observed, I don't always agree with every opinion expressed in these forums but I never stoop to the level of name calling and denigrating those who hold an opposing opinion.

Despite that Mick, there are posts you have made that I have agreed with and I have enjoyed our occasional sparring matches and I am still looking for "The Party" and its line.

Have a good Christmas and New Year.

After the update installed I got this message

79823664_10206957835781767_3977839568131981312_o.jpg

I solved the issue with a disk image that restore the disk before installing TRS19 sp1! Now all came back perfect. I don't apreciate the Sp1 release.

Back