Driver VS Surveyor - Platinum Edition

blue2112

Hi, and I hope your all enjoying your holidays!

Sorry for such a nube question but, what are the differences between editing in Driver or Surveyor mode now in the Platinum Edition?

I haven´t begun touching any route building or alike yet with Trainz, nor know much about the editing/tools of Trainz, so all this part is new to me. At my learning stage, the most I would like to do for now in this regard is add my own locos to a already made session, and that I could follow the sessions rules with my loco. Go from point A to B, unload etc.

I can add my loco (done that), in Driver mode, but then the session is just not operative as it would in Surveyor. But now with Surveyor being editable, I wonder if it´s easier to do that . I tried it (add my own loco), but still no session rules, thus I again wonder if Iam doing something wrong, and/or the purpose of editing in Surveyor is not that.

Hope I made sense...

Iam sure some light would help nubies alike hehe!

Mike

Last edited:
I have found this video, which in essence it´s editing on-the-fly I would say...

That has got to be the worst track laying I have ever seen:hehe:

I don't have the Plus or Platinum version ("Classic" TRS19 for me) but I thought that as soon as you switched from Driver to Surveyor mode the action was paused to prevent trains running off the end of the track as nearly happens in the video.

I can add my loco (done that), in Driver mode, but then the session is just not operative as it would in Surveyor. But now with Surveyor being editable, I wonder if it´s easier to do that . I tried it (add my own loco), but still no session rules, thus I again wonder if Iam doing something wrong, and/or the purpose of editing in Surveyor is not that.

As I said in my previous post, I do not have the Platinum or Train Plus edition but my understanding is that the session rules are fully editable when you switch directly from Driver to Surveyor. They have added additional features to the Session Editor to allow for the fact that when you switch, some rules will have already been executed while other will not - you are able to reset or restart any or all of the session rules.

Thank you pware,

I´ll have to investigate all this...

I really don´t want to edit the session rules (for now at least), I just want to play the session as it was intended by the dev, BUT with my own third party loco and not the default loco.

Mike

Thank you pware,

I´ll have to investigate all this...

I really don´t want to edit the session rules (for now at least), I just want to play the session as it was intended by the dev, BUT with my own third party loco and not the default loco.

Mike

You can go into the Surveyor mode and add in your own locomotive then return to driver.

When you add a new driver, you'll have to put in your own driver commands.

There is a trick you can try. If the Schedule Rule and Copy Commands from is enabled:

While in your new loco, go to the driver commands and choose Copy Commands from... and in the pull-out choose from another driver (it might say train; running from memory here), choose one of the other trains or drivers, and this will insert that schedule into yours.

That has got to be the worst track laying I have ever seen:hehe:

I don't have the Plus or Platinum version ("Classic" TRS19 for me) but I thought that as soon as you switched from Driver to Surveyor mode the action was paused to prevent trains running off the end of the track as nearly happens in the video.

I was definitely a little apprehensive while watching that myself! As requested, we were given a paused mode so that we can do stuff without trains finding the end too soon. This pause mode is what's causing so much confusion and angst among the users right now. This addition didn't go quite as planned...

I was definitely a little apprehensive while watching that myself! As requested, we were given a paused mode so that we can do stuff without trains finding the end too soon. This pause mode is what's causing so much confusion and angst among the users right now. This addition didn't go quite as planned...

Another classic case of be careful what you wish for! How many times have we seen requests to be able to edit in Driver?

Another classic case of be careful what you wish for! How many times have we seen requests to be able to edit in Driver?

I know, really! Now the process needs a bit more tweaking and when that's done everyone will be happy and act like there was never an issue with it in the beginning.

What issue? :D

Seriously, thank you JCitron, and the rest for your help. I´ll try that out ASAP.

May you all enjoy your holidays,

Mike

Back