Computer performance

cnjman765

I am replacing my old Desktop PC with a Dell Inspiron 3670. This PC features the following specs "[h=1]8th Gen Intel® Core™ i5, 12GB Memory, 1TB Hard Drive, Windows® 10"[/h]I am nearly positive that this is still to weak to smoothly function with TRS19, however I am wondering how well this would perform with the latest versions of T:ANE, or what version would work best, functioning at a good FPS. The one I currently have is a dinosaur, a Dell optiplex 3010, which runs TRS12 at a fair level, but still too low for any version of T:ANE. I would love to hear some response so I know what version of the game to purchase.

Thank you!

[h=1][/h]

I am nearly positive that this is still to weak to smoothly function with TRS19, however I am wondering how well this would perform with the latest versions of T:ANE, or what version would work best, functioning at a good FPS.

Trainz performance is more dependant on the graphics card (GPU) than it is on the processor (CPU). You should indicate what graphics card is being provided with that system, and how much graphics RAM it includes.

From what I can find, it's a Nvidia GTX 1060. I myself don't know much about computers, but from what I'm reading on it it's pretty good(?)

From what I can find, it's a Nvidia GTX 1060. I myself don't know much about computers, but from what I'm reading on it it's pretty good(?)

Look at the G series Dell desktops. NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 2070 8GB is in one of the boxing day deals. https://www.dell.com/en-ca/shop/gam...l-g5-gaming-desktop/spd/g-series-5090-desktop

Dell Inspiron 3670 I'd hesitate on. The latest dells are gen 9 not gen 8 and I'm not convinced that a GTX 1660 is available on this machine. Nor that the power supply and cooling are sufficient.

I suspect I'd prefer to buy direct from Dell.

https://www.videocardbenchmark.net/gpu_list.php and yes the 1660 has a 3D scroe of 10,000 so it's in the ball park.

Cheerio John

Thanks for the response. I already purchased it, so I can't change it unfortunately. I suppose I'm not looking for the best experience trainz has to offer since I'm simply not in the budget for that, so there must be some version of T:ANE, older or newer, that works best with the machine that I bought?

Thanks again

Turn down all your performance sliders to minimum, and adjust them up, one by one, until you get bad framerates, then turn them, one at a time, down a tad, or all the way down, until framerates improve. Hopefully you will find a sweet spot setting

Last edited:
Thanks for the response. I already purchased it, so I can't change it unfortunately. I suppose I'm not looking for the best experience trainz has to offer since I'm simply not in the budget for that, so there must be some version of T:ANE, older or newer, that works best with the machine that I bought?

Thanks again

Run belarc on it and let's see what GPU you have. https://belarc.com/en/products_belarc_advisor

If it is a GTX 1060 then you're fine. Otherwise its dependent on content. For example Middleton for laptops will run fine. Middleton with canal is a maybe. Traditionally setting shadows off and setting the sliders to min is a reasonable starting point if you just have the intel 630 GPU.

Cheerio John

Back