Assets now listed as "Not Installed, Payware (not active)" after installing DLC

You bet I can.

The beta version of my Plus install exists on a separate drive and so does the executable. I set that one up and ran that one to point to the database on my F: drive rather than my E: drive. The database folder is called TRS19_TEST (yes in caps) so I know which one is which. I wish we had bold and colors we could specify for folders, but it ain't that way for us.

I have done the same with other versions as well whether it's TRS2009, TS2010, TS12, and even T:ANE.

Now there is a catch with TRS2019 and Plus. If you are a gold member, you will end up putting Plus features into your TRS2019. Tony mentioned this in the forums back when TRS2019 SP1 beta was first out and I was going to setup a test for that one. The reason is both versions share the same code-base and the features are turned on and off by permissions. I have another software package that does the same thing. When I upgraded from Standard to Pro on Pianoteq, all I needed to do was put in a new software license key. They said that everything is there and all that was needed was to turn on the additional features. The upgrade, by the way, was $150 on sale! Pro is normally $850 retail.

I edit the shortcuts and put the build numbers and Drive on them, I update the build numbers on the shortcuts after patching. I have TANE and both versions of TRS19 on their own SSD drives so can easily find where things are.

I have tested that the Standard updates to Plus which it did both in the SP1 Beta which I didn't bother testing as it had gone Plus and again yesterday to see if the pause menu items existed in 105096 for Plus users. I have 100240 backed up as well as all other versions. It isn't obvious to most users that if you have a Plus or Gold Account but using a standard version you will get the Plus stuff like it or not.

Sorting the permissions thing out for non plus users needs correcting maybe I misunderstood but I thought SP1 was the bug fixes from Plus, not changing the layout and adding plus bits, that seems to have been covered with Platinum.

Only way to get a non Plus standard addition if you have Plus and Standard that I can see is with a different Account!

Plus is the only version I can download now as well.

Only way to get a non Plus standard addition if you have Plus and Standard that I can see is with a different Account!
Plus is the only version I can download now as well.

I sent a help request in and here is part of the answer I received. I had pointed out that I had purchased TRS19 outright AND was a Gold/Plus member but apparently that does not matter. That aspect of my question was not addressed. Not a big deal with me but it would be nice to be able to check "bugs" in both versions, especially since I paid/pay for both. And also odd in that previously I could download one and also have the other based on update stream. Both hey, I'm moving on.

Part of the N3V support reply:
Currently there is no on-the-fly option to "turn off" Trainz Plus unless a membership is changed. Details for this may be found in the FAQ. Trainz is a per user account system, as such resources are assigned per user. Once your username is allocated TRS+ resources, that's the version associated with that user until a change in membership occurs.

(I had not asked to "turn off" Trainz Plus. I asked for the ability to also download the non-Plus version which I had paid for by virtue of purchasing TRS19 Early Edition outright.)

The 100% copy of the database works 100% of the time. All you need to do then is point your Trainz program to the copied over database. I was going to recommend you do that.

It worked :clap:. Due to a technical hitch (a corrupt USB copy of the Trainz DB) it took 24hr longer than I expected but I now have two computers with perfectly synchronized and fully operational (no errors) TRS19 SP1 Databases. The USB copy is now my TRS19 SP1 backup.

It worked :clap:. Due to a technical hitch (a corrupt USB copy of the Trainz DB) it took 24hr longer than I expected but I now have two computers with perfectly synchronized and fully operational (no errors) TRS19 SP1 Databases. The USB copy is now my TRS19 SP1 backup.

Good to hear. Yay what a nice Christmas gift!

I finally got my data sorted out early this morning. I held off on an EDR until I had a chance then finally let it run overnight a couple of days ago only to find it had hung part way through the process! A check of the hardware showed nothing out of the ordinary and I always have antivirus disabled on my Trainz folders. After checking, I started up another one while sitting there and watched, and I noticed this time the process froze while clearing the caches.

Hmm... I killed the process (gulp) and manually removed the cached data from each of the cache folders for Libraries, pre-processing, etc. Well that worked and the process completed in about 3 hours yesterday.

So now I'm up and running fully now as well.

Maybe you have to run the major cleaner/rebuild more often. Accumulation to large or complex for it.

Back