TS2012 Won't start

Status
Not open for further replies.

ianfrancong

Hello, my trainz 12 can't open, and everytime i try to open it i get this error message: "Cannot open Trainz asset database, it is recommended that you restart your computer. If this problem persists please reinstall or contact technical support"
I've restarted my computer and yet it wont get fixed. I can't reinstall trainz since i don't know how to back up my data. If you do know what to do then please help me.

More people would be willing to help you if your version of Trainz was registered. Go to the "internet" tab in the settings and enter your MyTrainz login info. This will be the same info you logged into the forum with. Or if you can't get into the launcher, go to the Serial Number section of MyTrainz and enter your TS12 product key.

To backup custom (i.e. not built in) content, just go to your TS12 install directory (usually [DRIVE]/Program Files (or Program Files (x86) on 64-bit systems)/N3V Games/TS12), copy the "userdata" folder, and paste it in a safe location. Depending on how much content you have, that may take some time.

Uninstall the game using "Add or Remove Programs" or "Apps & Features" depending on your version of Windows, then reinstall using your DVD or digital download.

After the game is installed, start it just to verify that it all works. Then copy your backed up Userdata folder, and paste it back in the new TS12 install directory. Delete the file "assets.tdx" file inside the userdata directory. That will force the game to rebuild the content database next time you start it, and allow it to catch up with all the stuff you just copied.

Matt

You need to register your copy of TS2012. We won't be able to help you if you have an unregistered copy.

Please post in the related support forum.
In order to get access to that forum, you first need to register your game to your account. Details on how to have been supplied above. If you still have problems with this, contact the Helpdesk via the link found at the top of this page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back