Trainz Plus Content Store Downloads Failing - Causing Content Issues

I have found that after updating or installing anything from the Content Store, that a database repair is required,
>>
This is definitely not the case. If you have a repro, please send in a bug report with detailed steps.

I have found that after updating or installing anything from the Content Store, that a database repair is required,
>>
This is definitely not the case. If you have a repro, please send in a bug report with detailed steps.

Bug report subitted.

This has occurred with updates to Roy's Otter Tail route, most recently, which also required a trip to the Content Vault to get because I couldn't update the payware that was on my route due to being marked inactive. The route was now inactive and a missing dependency for the sessions associated with it.

This issue has affected other routes as well. So far Locomotives and consists are fine, but routes have a snit.

After the route was enabled and downloaded, I still had missing dependencies. Some missing dependencies required a download from the DLS, while others relating directly to the packages that couldn't be downloaded required a DBR to clear even though they were updated from the Content Store.

So until this issue is resolved, I stand by my statement. Update and then run a DBR if there are still missing dependencies.

Last edited:
I couldn't update the payware that was on my route due to being marked inactive
>>
If the payware is inactive, then you shouldn't be able to install it (as this indicates you don't own it/have access to it from your Content Vault.

I have this problem on the Content Store for the update for "LMS Duchess"

CDP package installation failed:

Error: Installation of the content package 'C/Users/xxxx/AppData/Local/N3V Games/trs19/build 7fxf53t91/cache/internet/ncvi2ajy129.cdp' failed:

Content could not be read, as file is not a valid CDP

1 Errors, 0 warnings.

This was supposed to an update.

Regards Dave.

IF I posted in wrong section please move to right section.

Stationbeem - that error indicates your cached file (i.e one of the files that was downloaded) is corrupt. To resolve, locate your local data folder, and delete the /cache/internet folder. Then start Trainz and redownload the package.

If you need further help please contact helpdesk.

All my content flagged "Update" will not update, with an error, always similar "One or more of the installed packages were at an unexpected build version for resources 'simc: scxxx"

An extended database repair was to no avail
Any help is very appreciated.

Regards
Swordfish

I gave up on the Update command for that reason. The solution that worked for me was to delete the package, including the package installation folder in "..\userdata\packages", and then reinstalling.

You can get the package id by right clicking on the package in Trainz Content that will bring up the package details. The package id will help you identify the correct installation folder.

Be very careful in the package details dialog not to click on the Uninstall button unless you want to. I inadvertently deleted a package and it didn't ask for confirmation!

The solution from the QA Team I linked above worked for me and cleared up ALL errors.

I have Trainz Plus, build 105100. As I mentioned above I have 16 Content-Packs, which can not be updated by the Trainz Content Store.
Thank you very much HPL for the link to the workaround by N3V.

I tried to uninstall one of the packs, sc492 ETR 1000 Frecciarossa, with the uninstall-button in the Trainz Content Store. After working for several hours, I have around 1.7 TB of content in my content folder, the pack was uninstalled and in the Trainz Content Store appeared the button "Install". I installed the pack successfully with this button. After the installation there was no longer the button "Update" but "Uninstall". The train was running, as far as I can say, flawlessly after the re-installation.

I think the other 15 packs I will replace with the workaround by N3V, that should be much faster.

Regards
Swordfish

Last edited:
Trainz content error

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum but I'm having multiple errors when trying to install content through the content store in trs2019 some of witch I bought through steam and its just giving me a bunch of errors. dose anyone know how to fix this issue?

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum but I'm having multiple errors when trying to install content through the content store in trs2019 some of witch I bought through steam and its just giving me a bunch of errors. dose anyone know how to fix this issue?

Welcome to the forums.

What exactly are the errors?

If you see View Error, you can ignore the message. This is due to a caching issue on the server and nothing to do with your installed content. If you click view error, click cancel, the message will return to install or update.

Welcome to the forums.

What exactly are the errors?

If you see View Error, you can ignore the message. This is due to a caching issue on the server and nothing to do with your installed content. If you click view error, click cancel, the message will return to install or update.

Actually if it has installed the update or install message often clears on clicking cancel for the version mismatch error as it has actually installed. Error Cleared on every install here as just done a reinstall on one PC to get rid of the junk.

Actually if it has installed the update or install message often clears on clicking cancel for the version mismatch error as it has actually installed. Error Cleared on every install here as just done a reinstall on one PC to get rid of the junk.

I went through and checked my content that was marked for updates. Some cleared, some did not and returned to view error anyway after the long download. The message is always the same regarding the cached version data. These assets are the older payware I had purchased so I wonder if that has something to do with that.

The reason why I hadn't updated is because I had clicked View Error and everything turned back to update. In this case, it's difficult to tell whose really ready for update and who isn't. Will the real ready for update stand up, please?

The process was long, given all the DLC now, and it took about a day. I downloaded the trains first then went to the routes. There was only a few routes, but being big they took sometime.

When finished downloading, I ran a defrag and a DBR. I also had some missing dependencies which required a download from the DLS.

All is working fine now and I drove last night for about 3 hours before things started going tits up with the AI getting stuck. By then I was annoyed and about to give up anyway.

Back