Trainz Plus Content Store Downloads Failing - Causing Content Issues

epa

Angry Trainz Nerd
TRS19 Build 105100

I'm trying to update some DLC content in the new "Content Store" feature. However, every update fails, with one of the two following errors:

Some featured assets of resource 'xxx' are missing required dependencies. Please check if other resources require updating. [Retry] [Cancel]

or

One ore more of the installed packages were at an unexpected build version for resource 'xxx'. [Retry] [Cancel]

Seemingly because of these errors (or about 3 rounds of patching I just did), I now have multiple Built-In and Payware routes missing dependencies, and it appears the Content Store is the only way to obtain these dependencies, but I am unable to install anything from the Content Store.

Does anyone know any workarounds, or a way to bring up the "old" in-game content downloader?

Matt

I had the second problem but not the first. I don't think I'll bother with any "updates" until I see some notification that the issues have been fixed.

A database repair seemed to fix some problems but I also selected "payware and faulty" and did a "revert to original". That appeared to fix the remaining issues but I'll admit I haven't tested any of the affected routes.

It was a bit scary when I started TRS19 and got to the route selection page and nearly all had the broken symbol.

Last edited:
Yeah, I had the same problem as the first one you mentioned. It seems to be that if you already have the items installed prior, Content Store doesn't seem to like it or something. I ended up doing a database repair and I then needed to manually go back to each route with the problem and install what was needed from the DLS in game.

I have everything running well now and at this stage I don't plan on using the Content Store unless installing something new, which worked by the way.

Last edited:
I had the second problem but not the first. I don't think I'll bother with any "updates" until I see some notification that the issues have been fixed.

A database repair seemed to fix some problems but I also selected "payware and faulty" and did a "revert to original". That appeared to fix the remaining issues but I'll admit I haven't tested any of the affected routes.

It was a bit scary when I started TRS19 and got to the route selection page and nearly all had the broken symbol.

Yeah, I'm starting to think I should've just left it alone. In addition to multiple payware items now turning up missing, I now have dozens of built-in items turning up missing as well. Like, things getting deleted on their own. I remember now why I never download patches.

I now have THOUSANDS of assets turning up missing that were certainly there yesterday, many of them now showing the name of the asset alongside "unknown location".

Matt

Last edited:
Perhaps I wasn't clear. By "updates" I meant those updates in the Content Store. Chris said elsewhere that there may be configuration errors so I'm content to leave that until it is sorted.

I don't any any problems with the release (105xxx) or rather none that I've found. :)

Perhaps I wasn't clear. By "updates" I meant those updates in the Content Store. Chris said elsewhere that there may be configuration errors so I'm content to leave that until it is sorted.

I don't any any problems with the release (105xxx) or rather none that I've found. :)

Oh I know, I've had TRS19 since launch and I've pretty much avoided patching it for this reason. It seems every patch brings a whole new mess of errors and broken content.

I'm now on my 10th database repair of the day, so many assets have suddenly vanished without a trace. Built-in content missing dependencies, DLC content just utterly broken... I should've left content store alone...

And yeah, latest build, 105100.

Matt

Hmm. Since I know my TRS19 userdata is probably ok at this point I might just take a snapshot onto a remote drive. :eek:

Take an initial snapshot, then you can safely install updates one by one and take a snapshot once you're sure it didn't screwed up or broke something. That's what I did and I could install almost all updates (four remaining fully buggy). But it is so much time consuming!

With Updates and installs right click on the Install or Update button > View Details, you then get an info screen which amongst other stuff tells you if it's compatible or not as in bottom left Version Mismatch, quicker than updating and finding that it's errored.

With Updates and installs right click on the Install or Update button > View Details, you then get an info screen which amongst other stuff tells you if it's compatible or not as in bottom left Version Mismatch, quicker than updating and finding that it's errored.

I'm away from home and on my MacBook for the weekend, but I'll check that out when I get home.

Matt

Thanks. Yes, I am experiencing an identical problem. All UPDATES in Content Store are "SHOW ERROR." Many missing dependencies and content issues that happened all because the "store" suggested that there was an update available. This is a Gold Membership issue...

Thanks. Yes, I am experiencing an identical problem. All UPDATES in Content Store are "SHOW ERROR." Many missing dependencies and content issues that happened all because the "store" suggested that there was an update available. This is a Gold Membership issue...

This happened to me today (yesterday) as well. I did a database repair and everything got sorted out.

Hi John and after doing it the first time with Geek Squad it still had problems so the second time we took TRS19 out and made sure it was gone and started downloading again and then put on the game and downloaded every thing and it worked know I will see if SP1 is ready to go or wait until a fix comes thank again Mario

Hi John and after doing it the first time with Geek Squad it still had problems so the second time we took TRS19 out and made sure it was gone and started downloading again and then put on the game and downloaded every thing and it worked know I will see if SP1 is ready to go or wait until a fix comes thank again Mario
This is what my "fix" is going to be. I deleted everything T:ANE and TRS19. Since I was also having Windows 10 x64 update issues, I also decided to reset the entire system back to factory settings and start over. I'll see how this works.

Here is a clue, though. Well, I think so anyway. I have a number of routes that I have purchased that are part of what I have available in TRS19. In Content Vault, however, I am also offered these same routes. I have not selected them since I already have them. Could this be contributing to the UPDATE ===> ERROR issue? I'm also noticing a number of missing assets that were always available before; even a few in payware routes!

Apart from one test download from the Content store during beta testing, subsequently deleted, I have not updated or added anything and have no problems, nothing broken and nothing missing or inactive.

Most of the things it say there are updates for, if you right click have a version mismatch anyway so wouldn't install, in my case that would be the items I already had as DLC and the builtin stuff.

The version mismatch is a database problem on N3V's end, according to Tony and Chris Bergmann. The content is in fact updated on our end, but the version tracking on the server is not. Tony mentioned sometime ago that this is being addressed.

I have found that after updating or installing anything from the Content Store, that a database repair is required, otherwise, there is missing content due to payware being inactive. When this occurred initially, I thought it was due to the new update being installed, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Back