ASB Turnout (DTT)

MrCuba64

I'm desperate... my routes never work as I want... Every year or so I end up playing Trainz again... A new version... building and modifying routes to my preference. This holiday season I purchased TRS19... then a serious graphics card. After playing the sessions my focus turned to that route in my head. Many trains... controlled by AI... me driving amongst them.

One of the problems was the crossovers and is one of the reasons I always give up. I'm no expert. I built a double track figure eight with a crossover in the middle and experimented with triggers and interlocking towers... it wasn't going well. I could only get one train to cross at a time... Then while googling the problem, I came across Boats ASB Crossover solution. Set up was easy and before long my figure eight was choked with heavy traffic trying to cross the crossover two trains at a time. It worked perfectly and I was happy :)

Then I come to the next issue... the double track turnout. No problem, I have watched the videos, read the .pdf's from the trusted producer of my crossover victory and headed straight to the website that I knew I could get it from... clicked through the pages to the download... and I get stuck... the message reads "I CANNOT SUPPLY INSTANT DOWNLOADS VIA PAYPAL AT THE MOMENT. I HOPE TO BE UP AND RUNNING AGAIN IN A FEW WEEKS (Sept 2019) APOLOGIES - PLEASE CHECK BACK SOON."

I tried to PM Boat on here... twice... I don't think my messages are even being delivered. Plans on ice again... only so much fun I can have with a fully operational crossover.

To be honest... I have every copy of Trainz since 2004. I don't care which version I play but I cant get the assets I desire. I've even tried to reverse engineer Sen City to steal its secrets but all seems to much for my casual gameplay style.

Boat, if you see this. Please contact me so I can get my route going again.

Would also appreciate any advice from anyone who has alternative solutions or easy to understand advice on how to make double track turnouts work as they should (IMO)

Kind Regards

Cuba

Last edited:
Trying hard

Still no luck with ASB Turnout... Still checking Boatztrainz daily. Everything I try seems to go wrong... My most successful attempt was using a Junction controller. Preventing the junctions being set so trains are crossing paths at the junction.

it worked well though I have a train missing the last 4 carriages after testing for a hour or so. Assume the junction was switched as the train was passing.
I have also seen a train stopped on the junction a few times which would be a collision but the trains pass through each other.
the other thing that’s happening alarmingly often is the train takes the wrong route. As the track is effectively a loop, they just ‘go round’ for another pass. They get green signals if the route is clear even though the junction is set to a different track mark.

My next step is to put a terminal at the end of each leg rather than a looped track to see if removing the ‘go round’ option will prevent the train taking the wrong route.

Anyone got any tips for me?

Last edited:
Hi MrCuba,

I have PM'd you.

Sorry for delay. Not been very active in Trainz recently. Still having problems with my website. Hope to look at it in the New Year.

Boat

Hi MrCuba,

I have PM'd you.

Sorry for delay. Not been very active in Trainz recently. Still having problems with my website. Hope to look at it in the New Year.

Boat

Can't thank you enough Boat. Working like a dream on my TRS19 test track. There is only one double track turnout on this route with 12 trains running for over an hour now with no problems. I'm actually removing another bottle neck slowing traffic on the approach to the turnout.

Very happy... great work... Thanks again :)

A new version of ASB Crossover for T:ane/TRS19 is on the DLS.

A new version of ASB Turnout for T:ane/TRS19 is now on my website. (It took a bit of writting!)

Boat

A new version of ASB Turnout for T:ane/TRS19 is now on my website. (It took a bit of writting!)

Boat

Thank you Boat..

Can you list the KUID's for these assets, don't see anything new on the DLS yet.

Also, were you able to sort out the assets being able to remember their settings after a merge like the ATLS crossings?

Again, thank you for these assets, they really work great!

Thank you Mike, really appreciate the updates.

Boat

Thank you Boat..

Can you list the KUID's for these assets, don't see anything new on the DLS yet.

Also, were you able to sort out the assets being able to remember their settings after a merge like the ATLS crossings?

Again, thank you for these assets, they really work great!

The ASB Crossover updates can be found by just searching for 'ASB Crossover' on the DLS. The Controller is KUID2:76656:70001:11. The Trigger is KUID2:76656:70002:6. Actually Crossover has been there for a few months. I've just been so bogged down with Turnout that I've only just thought to reply to this thread.

No, both Crossover and Turnout are unlikely to ever have the ability to save coded settings to a map like ATLS. That's because they have to remember signal names and GameObjectIDs. Its just too much detail to type in. Settings can only be saved in the normal way to a Session.

ASB Turnout is not on the DLS as its Donation Ware. Click below for more info.

Back