Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: SP1 -- bring back the Undo / Redo buttons

Quote Originally Posted by KotangaGirl View Post
    I also have a disability and I find the menus in TS2019 awkward and non-intuitive enough to use as it is. As for keyboard shortcuts try using those when your brain randomly micropauses like mine does.
    In truth I should probably avoid the kind of intensive PC use that building routes entails, but I enjoy exercising the creativity. I have multifocal motor neuropathy which affects the nerves and muscles controlling the hand and fingers so they become weak and unresponsive, also partially numb. It is treated by infusion of IVIG at periodic intervals but towards the end of the treatment cycle it does become less effective and my right hand ends up splayed out like an overcooked roast chicken.

A digression I know, but keeping a user friendly menu system is key to continuing to enjoy one of my hobby pastimes.
    TRS 2019 Coach Class (Former Customer)

Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    In truth I should probably avoid the kind of intensive PC use that building routes entails, but I enjoy exercising the creativity. I have multifocal motor neuropathy which affects the nerves and muscles controlling the hand and fingers so they become weak and unresponsive, also partially numb. It is treated by infusion of IVIG at periodic intervals but towards the end of the treatment cycle it does become less effective and my right hand ends up splayed out like an overcooked roast chicken.

A digression I know, but keeping a user friendly menu system is key to continuing to enjoy one of my hobby pastimes.
    I build routes in Trainz to keep my silly sleepy fogged up brain working even though it's an effort to do so at times. I make a lot of mistakes so an easy to reach 'Undo' click button is absolutely essential. Keyboard shortcuts are useless. I spend enough time as it staring at my keyboard trying to remember what key does what without having a new lot to try and get used to.
    I also enjoy the creativity of building a railway in its landscape with it's towns and communities and creating my own little world..
    Narcolepsy is not napping.

If not, memorize the shortcuts and move on. Maybe write them on a Post-it and stick it to the top of your screen?
    I do not really think that is acceptable for what seems to be quite a few serious builders here and were happy with the controls the way they were, I really despise being told to " Just move on or just get over it change will do you good "
    Cheers Mick.

Quote Originally Posted by matruck View Post
    I do not really think that is acceptable for what seems to be quite a few serious builders here and were happy with the controls the way they were, I really despise being told to " Just move on or just get over it change will do you good "
    Cheers Mick.
    Thank you very much for posting that Mick. You saved me from posting something that might have got me sent to the naughty chair by the moderators.
    Narcolepsy is not napping.

United States of America, Pennsylvania, Murrysville

Quote Originally Posted by matruck View Post
    Cheers Mick.
    Which "Mick" are you?
    Dick near Pittsburgh, Pa. i5-2500K 4.3ghz, 8gb memory, GTX1060 4gb video card

Interesting thread.
    I have NOT pulled the update as the jury is still deliberating. But I'll at least add my opinion.

AHEM!

I would prefer the undo/redo to be clickable in the header, but, can be persuaded if it were replaced with something like the LAYER NAME....
    "Cave Johnson. We're done here."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by maruffijd View Post
    I would prefer the undo/redo to be clickable in the header, but, can be persuaded if it were replaced with something like the LAYER NAME....
    Now you are talking! Placing the name of the active layer on the menu bar would be a far better use of screen real estate than those silly buttons! (ducks for cover)
    TRS19 Platinum 105100 - TRS19 SP1 (standard) 105096 - TANE SP4 105766

United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill

Quote Originally Posted by pware View Post
    Now you are talking! Placing the name of the active layer on the menu bar would be a far better use of screen real estate than those silly buttons! (ducks for cover)
    Hopefully it's on the list of things to-do at some point. We've asked for it for sometime and there was interest on N3V's end, but you know how things go so we'll see this sometime soon(tm).

A simple Green highlighted active-name for the selected layer. Grayed out or red-colored for inactive layer. You wouldn't know how many times I've made the mistake of doing things in the wrong place!
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    T:ANE Build: 94829
    TRS2019/Trainz-PLUS: 105100

Blog Entries

I'll add my opinion here for what it's worth.

I use the undo, redo and wireframe buttons a lot when working in Surveyor. Removing those top line edit buttons is a mistake. They should be restored.

While I don't want to distract from the importance I put on the topic of this thread I'll add my opinion about layers:
    Not providing an indication of the active layer (out in the open in Surveyor) was a mistake N3V made when layers were first introduced 10 years ago and failed to correct in every version produced since then.

I suspect in a decade I'll be saying pretty much the same thing about the removal of the top line edit keys - I hope not. I hope both get fixed very soon.

Bob Pearson
    Last edited by RPearson; December 22nd, 2019 at 05:06 AM.
    TRAINZ-UTC-TRS04-TRS06-TC1&2-TC3-TS09-TS10-TS12-TANE(TEG)-TMR17-TS19
    Member since 6-14-2002