Content Store Downloader Feature

constar261

Since the the day early days of trainz one of the few things that the community has wanted was a way to manage the way our dlc is installed. From lost connection to interference with JR's third party downloads payware which is editable, to the dlc version from the trainz store overriding the same asset and making said asset uneditable. From game breaking crashes to desktop and BSOD's and full database repairs with broken or missing locked dependencies. A lot of us have gone through it all. Now relief has come the Content Store Downloader is finally hear........... Or so we thought. Point being I like the new features but there is something that bugs me about this one. Fact is everyone has DLC of some type for trainz 19 whether regional editions or world if they would look at how trainz 19 installs itself and even more so combine that with all of the dlc's that many people have accumulated over the years. Makes one wonder why is it that only those who have a gold subscription, trainz plus, and either fork up another 35-80 in currency for trainz 19 platinum have access to a feature one should have had since day one. I feel that if there is one trainz feature that everyone who owns trainz 19 should have it should be the Content Store Downloader. Reason why we have a content manager for all of the dls and 3rd party assets why should we all not have one for trainz DLC so that we may pick and chose what we want to install and how with out breaking our installs.

The features in Plus versions will eventually make it into the regular version, albeit, at the regular 1 year or 2 year pace as it used to be.

Back