TRS19 Routes - Canadian Rocky Mountains - Ottertail to Castle Jct. - OFFICIAL

RoysTrainz

Rembrandt van Trainz
please update to the latest available update from n3v to make sure we all have same version to compare if something is missing or not working on your side.
The route should work well without any missing assets like on my side otherwise post here.

Roy:)

Last edited:
Ran the AI session for about an hour this morning and all was good! Had a missing asset before I updated but the update to SP1 fixed that. Looking forward to more of it.

Thanks Mike,
Good to hear things work well.
When we test route sessions before upload to trainz they have been tested running many many hours for days and nights just to make sure diehards will not be dissappointed although every newer version of trainz can change tiny or bigger things not to work.

Hi Roy,

Have just completed installing SP1 and happy to report no missing dependencies and all trees now visible. In the process of running the Dispatcher Session ;)

Thanks Mike,
Good to hear things work well.
When we test route sessions before upload to trainz they have been tested running many many hours for days and nights just to make sure diehards will not be dissappointed although every newer version of trainz can change tiny or bigger things not to work.

Hi Roy,

Wrong thread but I hear ya!

Enjoy your holidays, and thanks!

Mike

Hey Roy,

I just have downloaded Ottertail to Castle Jct. I have been twice Lake Louise and I must say your map is just bluffing as you tried to have the equivalent of real scenery! Fantastic work on your part.

Just a question: why don't you name the junctions with the real name of the towns in the area (except for Golden as you did it)
Mind you, when I go on Google Earth Pro, I just can follow your tracks on the layout and name the junctions accordingly

You are one of the real artists in Trainz as this layout reminds me of the very good souvenirs I had in Lake Louise with my family

Sincerely

Hi Christian,

thanks for the kind words.
I not understand your question about junction naming convention.
I use all over the place all junctions with name referenced to town or place nearby sometimes in code like for Field siding FNxx but otherwise like Eldon i use Eldon too for the switch.
Place explain if I understand things wrong here.

stay all safe and healthy

Roy

Hi Roy,
I was just picky and I did not explain it very good....
When the train goes through junctions you named, we do not always realise that it travels through real towns you have put on the map
Thanks for your great job
Are you planning to create layouts up to Banff? and up to Kamloops?

Christian,

Banff you will find in route :TRS19 Canadian Rocky Mountains Baker Crk to West of Calgary.
Calgary you will find in route:TRS19 Canadian Rocky Mountains Cochrane into SE Calgary.
Kamloops is planned too actually all the subdivisions all the way into greater Vancouver.

stay safe and healthy

Roy

Hi Roy,
I was just picky and I did not explain it very good....
When the train goes through junctions you named, we do not always realise that it travels through real towns you have put on the map
Thanks for your great job
Are you planning to create layouts up to Banff? and up to Kamloops?

Partridge - Yoho - Cathedral Sidings

I am really enjoying this route and appreciate all the work that has gone into it.

What I do wonder about is why I don't see the Partridge or Yoho or Cathedral sidings around the Spiral tunnels?

Three hours on the Automatic sessions were some of the best rail sim time I have ever experienced.

Don, I implemented the missing sidings and again thanks for the very helpful info and kind words.
I must somehow have overlooked or simply forgot like the slip of the pen.

Hkoster1 was very pleased to see people notice what it takes to make complicated AI sessions that look automatic.

But automatic is the wrong word for these actions as a lot of work,thinking,trying and implementing with final days of testing gives the result seen in the routes.

My personal opinion Henk deserves much more credit on this forum as he really does an incredibable job on my routes.

Wait for the monster route Calgary, that will the mother of all AI sessions route for him to put his teeth in(even at his age):p

We will keep you updated on the progress on the updated sessions and route once uploaded to N3V.

I am really enjoying this route and appreciate all the work that has gone into it.

What I do wonder about is why I don't see the Partridge or Yoho or Cathedral sidings around the Spiral tunnels?

Three hours on the Automatic sessions were some of the best rail sim time I have ever experienced.

Added Sidings Around the Spiral Tunnels

Don, I implemented the missing sidings and again thanks for the very helpful info and kind words.
I must somehow have overlooked or simply forgot like the slip of the pen.

Hkoster1 was very pleased to see people notice what it takes to make complicated AI sessions that look automatic.

But automatic is the wrong word for these actions as a lot of work,thinking,trying and implementing with final days of testing gives the result seen in the routes.

My personal opinion Henk deserves much more credit on this forum as he really does an incredibable job on my routes.

Wait for the monster route Calgary, that will the mother of all AI sessions route for him to put his teeth in(even at his age):p

We will keep you updated on the progress on the updated sessions and route once uploaded to N3V.

Great news Roy. You obviously don't waste any time. Looking forward to more sessions on this terrific route. I certainly agree that the work of Hkoster1 shines through on the signalling end of traffic movement.

We have to thank you for the hawkeye view and mentioning the missing (hiding sort off) sidings.
Henk (hkoster1) is at the moment breeding on the best and most efficient way to redo the sessions as the 3 sidings change the entire setup of up and down the spiral tunnels moving crawling long hauls east and wetsbound.
It looks like Henk said the sidings will bring a lot of fun to running the sessions as now more trains have to wait at the yard in Field and near the Continental Divide.
Lets wait and see how Henk will surprise us with his creativity and produce new gems!

Roy

Back