TRS19 SP1 Breaks the Carz, now all stopped and Stuck at the intersections.

jjeff1955

Not Complaining or trying to nick pic, but this is important!
In Surveyor the Carz no longer move along as they did before the SP1.:confused:
They move until they get to the Road Joining Splines and then Stop and Honk Their Horns.

This is happening in Surveyor and not in Driver, Driver they are all ok, except that the Car Generators no longer produce the Carz.
Invisible Roads no longer work in Surveyor.

The Draw Distance for the Mountains is still the same old poor look, no fix in Sp1, and no Ground Grid Beauty texture Draw in at Close Distances, but can see Water 10 times farther away just fine.

Why is the Visual Quality so Poor, TANE has a much better Mountain Draw Distance than the TRS2019.
The Popping Sound Quality has not been patched and the Car Horns all have a loud Snap Pop when they Honk.
Kinda of Disappointed in waiting a Year for this SP1 and I do not see much of an improvement for Textures, PBR still buries the Roads and Track, have to turn off Ultra Shaders to stop the PBR issues.
Kind Regards.

Last edited:
Maybe it is because of the pre-Christmas highway "Trainz Seasonal" gridlock, of panicking shoppers, frantically clogging the roadways, in search of last minute Christmas gifts :hehe:

A "Nit Pick" is a fine toothed comb, for picking "Nits"

ELB (Emmett Lathrop "Doc" Brown): "Where we're going, we don't need any roads" !

Last edited:
Maybe it is because of the pre-Christmas highway "Trainz Seasonal" gridlock, of panicking shoppers, frantically clogging the roadways, in search of last minute Christmas gifts :hehe:

ELB (Emmett Lathrop "Doc" Brown): "Where we are going, we don't need any roads" !

Lol! Good one He he.:D
that is why I stay home during the Rush.

I am a Tinkering kind of Person, Maybe they did something in the SP1 Update that improves the Traffic Carz in some way or another.
What is strange is that the Carz will come up to the next connected Spline and Slow down Gradually and then Stop as if something was invisibly blocking the Car from moving forward.
I will clone some Yarn Highways and invisible Roads and do some testing on a New blank Map and changing the Config file as I go to see if there is any effect on the Carz ability to move as it should.

The Positives of this SP1 Update.
1. Walk and Fly Mode Sound panning fixed and working.
2. More Camera Options.
3. When exiting Driver back to Surveyor Sound is not Muted any more, and working good.
4. Frame Rates seem to be a bit Smoother.
5. Surveyor is not erratic anymore and much smoother without jumping into the Sky when the Mouse push forward, and the right Button is clicked, that was a huge plus for me to see get fixed.:D

The Negatives
1. Undue and Re-Due Buttons not as easy to use for fast editing.
2. Pick List moved but still accessible
3. Draw Distance not improved for Ground Textures.
4 Animal Content Sounds still have severe Popping at loop splices.
4. Something changed in the way of how the invisible Roads are handled, SP1 Issue with Road mocrossings.
5. Waterfall Animations disabled in Surveyor SP1
kuid <kuid2:506208:100108:2>
username "YARNish ExitA 4L DL3 -Si +Sh, 09sp4"
Update the Grade xings are not working in surveyor also have this issue as the Carz are stuck at the Crossing, an SP1 issue.
Waterfall Falls animations also have stopped and are not animated as of the SP1.

Can anyone guide me to a Road Creation Tutorial for the Config set up?
Thanks in advance for any help.
Kind regards.
jjeff1955:)

Last edited:
Have the splines detached at the intersections, if using Yarn fixed objects for TJns and XRoads. As noted in other threads, if this is the case it's a resurgence of a pretty massive bug from earlier versions of Trainz and effectively a "game over" iteration.

Have the splines detached at the intersections, if using Yarn fixed objects for TJns and XRoads. As noted in other threads, if this is the case it's a resurgence of a pretty massive bug from earlier versions of Trainz and effectively a "game over" iteration.
No the Splines are connected, I have done several Tests.
I also re-installed the Yarn connector Roads and the same issue, also happening with the Some of the older versions of the Grade Xings. I the Xing has scriptstub_V32 they work ok, but not the non V32 ones. Animations for the Waterfalls have also stooped in Surveyor with this SP1. I spent over a Day making the waterfall Animations to look good and now they are not working.

I tried raising the Trainz_Build Number and still no go.
I am hoping after the Holidays that they will have a SP1 Hotfix for this issue.
Thank You for the Replies ans Happy Holidays to you all.
jjeff1955

In Surveyor the Carz no longer move along as they did before the SP1.:confused:
They move until they get to the Road Joining Splines and then Stop and Honk Their Horns.

This is happening in Surveyor and not in Driver, Driver they are all ok, except that the Car Generators no longer produce the Carz.
Invisible Roads no longer work in Surveyor.

The Draw Distance for the Mountains is still the same old poor look, no fix in Sp1, and no Ground Grid Beauty texture Draw in at Close Distances, but can see Water 10 times farther away just fine.

Why is the Visual Quality so Poor, TANE has a much better Mountain Draw Distance than the TRS2019.
The Popping Sound Quality has not been patched and the Car Horns all have a loud Snap Pop when they Honk.
Kinda of Disappointed in waiting a Year for this SP1 and I do not see much of an improvement for Textures, PBR still buries the Roads and Track, have to turn off Ultra Shaders to stop the PBR issues.
Kind Regards.

Did you uncheck "pause" under the Tools menu in Surveyor?

Did you uncheck "pause" under the Tools menu in Surveyor?
There is no Pause Options for Surveyor, only for quick Drive. I have carefully looked thru all of the Tools and settings.
Other Animations are running in Surveyor except the Traffic and Waterfalls.
Thanks for the possible Tip.
Kind Regards.

There is no Pause Options for Surveyor, only for quick Drive. I have carefully looked thru all of the Tools and settings.
Other Animations are running in Surveyor except the Traffic and Waterfalls.
Thanks for the possible Tip.
Kind Regards.
No that did not work, tried that also, it is the SP1 Update that broke some .gs File in the Scripts.
Waterfall stopped also, they only Animate in Driver, same with the Carz as they do work in Driver but not in Surveyor as they used to do.

No that did not work, tried that also, it is the SP1 Update that broke some .gs File in the Scripts.
Waterfall stopped also, they only Animate in Driver, same with the Carz as they do work in Driver but not in Surveyor as they used to do.

That is normal for the Plus version which I have and now the new Platinum edition where you can pause or un-pause in surveyor which turns off or on animations, smoke, carz and so on, maybe in error they included some Plus code for the Unified Driver Surveyor in the Non Plus version.

I have Build 105096 and I have a pause option in my tools menu in surveyor. I have experienced the same issue with vehicles paused on roads until I found this option and unticked the check mark. Now cars are moving on the roads. I would include a screenshot but I'm not sure how to insert one into my reply.

I have Build 105096 and I have a pause option in my tools menu in surveyor. I have experienced the same issue with vehicles paused on roads until I found this option and unticked the check mark. Now cars are moving on the roads. I would include a screenshot but I'm not sure how to insert one into my reply.
Thank You for letting me know.
I have the Version 100175 and it does not have that Pause Button option, must be a Bug in my Version Build.

I have also found that the Animated People are not walking around anymore with this SP1 Update:confused:, a lot of different Surveyor Content Animations have Stopped.
I does act like it is Paused, but there is no Pause options available in my SP1 100175 Update.
Happy Holidays to all.
jjeff1955:wave:

I have also found that the Animated People are not walking around anymore with this SP1 Update:confused:, a lot of different Surveyor Content Animations have Stopped.
I does act like it is Paused, but there is no Pause options available in my SP1 100175 Update.
Happy Holidays to all.
jjeff1955:wave:

Only the plus, subs and Platinum will have the pause/unpause option in surveyor.

Are you sure your steam version is 100175? Mine is 105175.

In surveyor with my steam version, (haven't updated non steam 100240), the animated people, animals and waterfall examples are working with the SP1 update.
The rapids are not working, but do work in Driver

The stopping of animations in surveyor seems to be done in all versions of SP1, but the plain TRS19 (no plus, silver, gold or platinum) doesn't have the option to unpause it.

Peter

Only the plus, subs and Platinum will have the pause/unpause option in surveyor.

Are you sure your steam version is 100175? Mine is 105175.

In surveyor with my steam version, (haven't updated non steam 100240), the animated people, animals and waterfall examples are working with the SP1 update.
The rapids are not working, but do work in Driver

My Bad I had the wrong Version number here.
My Steam Client Version is 105175

Check your Caez in Surveyor and see if they are Stuck at the Intersections?
If not then maybe I need to uninstall this 2019 and re install again.
Thank You for the info.
Happy Holidays to you.
jjeff1955

I have plain ole vanilla TRS19, upgraded to build 105096 and have the carz problem too. I wouldn't mind just the stopped vehicles, but the horn honking is intolerable. I've disabled carz. I can place static vehicles instead, I guess. It's a shame too, because I put some time and effort into laying out my roads and the moving traffic looked nice...���� <-- darn forum doesn't like emojis. :(

My Bad I had the wrong Version number here.
My Steam Client Version is 105175
Check your Caez in Surveyor and see if they are Stuck at the Intersections?
jjeff1955

Yep they are stuck and honking impatiently. I did a prebuild and database rebuild, but no magic wand appeared and whisked the problem away.
They are also backing up at railway crossings in surveyor. Example kuid2:63637:100597:1

Last edited:
Back